Farsight, look what you have done!

illm

Jul 13, 2012
tmbop-fs2.jpg

Seriously, you got me hooked on pinball in a way I never thought possible.

I saw your preview movie for the first DLC pack, and one table that
really stood out was The Machine; Bride of Pinbot. So many childhood
memories came flashing back - it reminded me of what really "made"
pinball for me as a kid, lurking the arcade at the summer camping on
an island to the east of Sweden (Öland).

Playing the table in your kickass simulator convinced me even more.

I had to have it.

... So I got it. :cool:

I really hope I'm not alone out there! Am I?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
TPA has convinced my 6 year old that when he's older he wants to build a pinball machine for me, but in the meantime we should own Medieval Madness! Now if only he could write me a check to pay for that.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If a 21 year old can become a billionaire, there's no reason why a 6 year old can't come up with a measly 10 grand.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If a 21 year old can become a billionaire, there's no reason why a 6 year old can't come up with a measly 10 grand.

That better be one successful lemon-aide stand! I'll get him on it. Though I'd rather have a Whirlwind and Earthshaker! side by side :D

BeO

Mar 5, 2012
This game motivated me to start the renovation of my old Dr Who pinball machine. It's been standing in a corner of my apartment for quite a few years now, broken down. But now it's in several smaller pieces :)

New flipper mechanism installed, all lightbulbs are getting replaced, new rubber kit, playfield getting a serious cleaning + wax, adjusting target switches... there's so much to do and it's really fun :) The only major problem, and the reason it's been standing unused for so long, is a malfunctioning mini playfield. The elevator mechanism needs a major overhaul. But I'll get to that as well soon ;)

And when all this is done, the Doctor will be destroying Daleks again. Plenty of them. WHERE IS THE DOCTOR? THE DOCTOR HAS ESCAPED!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
TPA has convinced my 6 year old that when he's older he wants to build a pinball machine for me, but in the meantime we should own Medieval Madness! Now if only he could write me a check to pay for that.

I've seen a ton of funny little pinball-machines made from wood, Lego, or whatever people have lying around... I used to make my own little pinball thingies out of cardboard and rubber bands when I was a kid. Yeah, not exactly the most polished creations, but it was a ton of fun.

What I'm saying is - you two could go ahead and just build your own little playfields :) Could be a nice father-son project!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I think I just wanted it to be true. ;)

You and me both ;) I've read in the comment section of th PAPA video that you can flip the upper and the lower flipper separately (shooting the jackpot while still being able to keep a ball trapped in the lower right flipper), I hope they remember to implement that for the TPA version! (Probably a bit tough to do on a touchscreen, but it should work nicely on PS3/360 thanks to the four shoulder buttons.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You and me both ;) I've read in the comment section of th PAPA video that you can flip the upper and the lower flipper separately (shooting the jackpot while still being able to keep a ball trapped in the lower right flipper), I hope they remember to implement that for the TPA version!

How exactly do you do that? There wasn't a second flipper control on the cabinet. I played the crap outta that table in '91 and never came across that option.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
How exactly do you do that? There wasn't a second flipper control on the cabinet. I played the crap outta that table in '91 and never came across that option.
Whirlwind's right flippers are controlled by two switches stacked on top of each other. If you press lightly on the right flipper button, you can activate the first switch without tripping the second, thus moving the lower right flipper while the upper flipper stays down. (The reverse is not possible: you cannot trap on the upper flipper with the lower flipper down.)

Actually being able to use this property to make shots is quite difficult - there is maybe 1 millimeter of distance between the first and second switches, so not a lot of room for error.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Unbelievable! Never thought to do anything other than press the button all the way! Learn something new everyday, eh?

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Ripley's Believe It or Not! is built the same way (two stacked switches), and there is no way to press only one switch on the Xbox 360 version, which is completely possible (easy, even) to do on the practical table.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Your not alone. TPBA got me whip up in such a craze I want to buy a table but first i gotta do more research especially since my favorite tables range '86-'91. Hey! Did you know about the Ol'MacDonald easter egg on MBoP? It also works on TPBA version. Hold R 45sec then L 45sec then while holding L also hold R 45sec you will hear a faint beep then starting with R alternating L R L R L pressed to the rythem ol mac donal had a farm the machine will show EEEEEEEEIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIOOOO then L to R and on this farm there was a cow again EEEEEEEEIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIOOOO thenen quickly RtoL with a moo moo here THE MACHINE will say COW witha "MOO" moo her and a "MOO" moo there. Also on MM and CV in enter MOO for high score too hear "MOO"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.