Farsight, look what you have done!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
its just PBA like NFL NBA MLB. I appologize for trying to be as descriptive as possible. trying to solve a behavior problem with pills is awsome especially when its a kid DOUBLE JACKPOT!!!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Whirlwind's right flippers are controlled by two switches stacked on top of each other. If you press lightly on the right flipper button, you can activate the first switch without tripping the second, thus moving the lower right flipper while the upper flipper stays down. (The reverse is not possible: you cannot trap on the upper flipper with the lower flipper down.)

Actually being able to use this property to make shots is quite difficult - there is maybe 1 millimeter of distance between the first and second switches, so not a lot of room for error.

Hmm. That would actually be a potential reason to use the analog triggers on the 360 controller, instead of the shoulder buttons. Since the triggers register how far down they're depressed, they could actually simulate that feature of the Whirlwind cabinet.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
its just PBA like NFL NBA MLB. I appologize for trying to be as descriptive as possible. trying to solve a behavior problem with pills is awsome especially when its a kid DOUBLE JACKPOT!!!

I was just joking around but its TPA for The Pinball Arcade.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
TPBA is not only driving me pinball nuts, like a steering wheel on my belt buckle, but its spoiling US! I recently searched out some real machines and not 1 didnt have something wrong i.e. poorly leveled 1 weak flipper for the main shot 1 speaker etc. That machine "LOOKS GOOD" Cant wait for PACIFIC PINBALL EXPO in september.

zsciaeount

Jul 29, 2012
I hope you realize that you won't stop at one...

tmbop-fs2.jpg

Seriously, you got me hooked on pinball in a way I never thought possible.

I saw your preview movie for the first DLC pack, and one table that
really stood out was The Machine; Bride of Pinbot. So many childhood
memories came flashing back - it reminded me of what really "made"
pinball for me as a kid, lurking the arcade at the summer camping on
an island to the east of Sweden (Öland).

Playing the table in your kickass simulator convinced me even more.

I had to have it.

... So I got it. :cool:

I really hope I'm not alone out there! Am I?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Ripley's Believe It or Not! is built the same way (two stacked switches), and there is no way to press only one switch on the Xbox 360 version, which is completely possible (easy, even) to do on the practical table.
They should fix that. It makes hitting jackpots during multiball without losing your balls so much easier. They probably can't do it on the phones, but they shouldn't gimp the game on one system just because the others can't also do it.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
tmbop-fs2.jpg

Seriously, you got me hooked on pinball in a way I never thought possible.

I saw your preview movie for the first DLC pack, and one table that
really stood out was The Machine; Bride of Pinbot. So many childhood
memories came flashing back - it reminded me of what really "made"
pinball for me as a kid, lurking the arcade at the summer camping on
an island to the east of Sweden (Öland).

Playing the table in your kickass simulator convinced me even more.

I had to have it.

... So I got it. :cool:

I really hope I'm not alone out there! Am I?

I am so #&%$*$@ jealous. I've been feeling the same way, but can't afford a table :( , so I've been going to the arcade like every other weekend.
Damn you , Farsight! :)

Members online

Members online