Downloading Scared Stiff now!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Whoa. Didn't expect that at all already. Nice :D

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna need some extra Earl Grey tomorrow;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Downloaded them late last night, just in case I lost my wifi. Big storm Sandy headed my way. My work is even closed today. So there will be a lot of Sacred Stiff and Big Shot played today. Time to batten down the hatches!

karl

May 10, 2012
I think Pack nr 7 is my favorite. Love both tables. They really nailed the physics of a superb EM and boy are Big Shot shiny. Scarred stiff is much more polished than No good gofers and fun as hell. Challenging also. This pack makes me want a lot more EMs. Splendid work Farsight! To all you east coast folks: I really hope Sally decides to calm down before hitting your shoreline. Be safe!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Someone on FB (I know, I know....) mentioned some toning down of suggestiveness in SS. Can anyone confirm? I've not got required table knowledge, or played enough yet. Cheers :)

E.Coast US stay safe! :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Someone on FB (I know, I know....) mentioned some toning down of suggestiveness in SS. Can anyone confirm? I've not got required table knowledge, or played enough yet.
They may have had to cut some material to keep the E10 rating. I've played the real Scared Stiff extensively; when I get off work I'll download it and see if I notice anything missing.

I hope they didn't cut very much if they did cut anything, although I have a feeling my favorite line ("Oooooh, I'm having multiple jackpots!") would have been one of the first to go.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They may have had to cut some material to keep the E10 rating. I've played the real Scared Stiff extensively; when I get off work I'll download it and see if I notice anything missing.

I hope they didn't cut very much if they did cut anything, although I have a feeling my favorite line ("Oooooh, I'm having multiple jackpots!") would have been one of the first to go.

I've only played the demo, but considering the line "Good head, my favorite!" passed, I doubt "I'm having multiple Jackpots" wouldn't lol. The whole damn table is suggestive! I mean the title of the table is Scared STIFF with Elvira's boobs sticking out everywhere... I mean come on... the idea that some stuff is "too suggestive" while other stuff is OK is just silly. As long as theirs no profanity I don't see an issue. Although I admit I was surprised Elvira tables weren't at least rated T for Teen. There is very little if anything that isn't suggestive to one degree or another on these tables.

I really hope nothing was cut. Elvira's lines are the best thing about these tables! In all honestly I'm shocked that the Scared Stiff can get more suggestive than "Ohh, nice organ", and that passed the E10 rating so... we'll see as more people play the game and report.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've only played the demo, but considering the line "Good head, my favorite!" passed, I doubt "I'm having multiple Jackpots" wouldn't lol.
I don't know if you've ever heard the real Scared Stiff version of the "I'm having multiple jackpots" line, but Cassandra really puts some soul into it - it really does sound like she's about to...go over the top, let's say. It might be a problem with the delivery, rather than the simple content.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't know if you've ever heard the real Scared Stiff version of the "I'm having multiple jackpots" line, but Cassandra really puts some soul into it - it really does sound like she's about to...go over the top, let's say. It might be a problem with the delivery, rather than the simple content.

I haven't played the real version....but that makes me really want to now. :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Lol i remeber that line cant remember under what conditions its saidmlol, ive a 4-10 multiple jackpots in escapse from the coffrin multi ball etc and alutmlevel 9 in the stiff o metre, probably once thats at maxiumium?...i shoukd read the rules itherwise it takes a longgg time to score lol

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
It's Farsight's policy to turn on Family Mode settings on all ROMs that support it, so Scared Stiff has it turned on. I was personally disappointed since I love the quotes in this game, but I understand their policy as far as getting the ratings for kids. The good news is that the "Pro" version of the table would allow the player to turn the setting back off, which might be worth it for that alone. :)

I can't say for sure which quotes the setting disables ( although the multiple jackpots is surely one of them), perhaps someone who owns the machine might know.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I haven't played the real version....but that makes me really want to now. :)
Scared Stiff's ruleset is a little shallow compared to its contemporaries, but the presentation can't be beat. (Great music package, too...that organ's come a long way from its EATPM days!)

Lol i remeber that line cant remember under what conditions its saidmlol, ive a 4-10 multiple jackpots in escapse from the coffrin multi ball etc and alutmlevel 9 in the stiff o metre, probably once thats at maxiumium?...i shoukd read the rules itherwise it takes a longgg time to score lol
During Stiff in the Coffin or Terror from the Crate, score a bunch of jackpots in a row. It's a random quote if you do, sometimes the table says stuff along the lines of "You've been practicing!" or "You're really good at this!" instead.

EDIT: Note to self: Save a few bucks for SS's Pro version to get the interesting quotes back.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.