Downloading Scared Stiff now!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's Farsight's policy to turn on Family Mode settings on all ROMs that support it, so Scared Stiff has it turned on. I was personally disappointed since I love the quotes in this game, but I understand their policy as far as getting the ratings for kids. The good news is that the "Pro" version of the table would allow the player to turn the setting back off, which might be worth it for that alone. :)

I can't say for sure which quotes the setting disables ( although the multiple jackpots is surely one of them), perhaps someone who owns the machine might know.

Good to hear. Thanks for chiming in.

Gabriel Lyon

Oct 29, 2012
Played my first game, and it is way to easy (228.000.000), okay I have a SS myself, but hey. A lot of bugs too when multiple balls in the crate. Slightly dissapointing.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I also missed "That things huge" when you shoot the bony beast and if you shoot it again immediately she will say "and ribbed too"

Gary

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
It's Farsight's policy to turn on Family Mode settings on all ROMs that support it, so Scared Stiff has it turned on. I was personally disappointed since I love the quotes in this game, but I understand their policy as far as getting the ratings for kids. The good news is that the "Pro" version of the table would allow the player to turn the setting back off, which might be worth it for that alone. :)

I can't say for sure which quotes the setting disables ( although the multiple jackpots is surely one of them), perhaps someone who owns the machine might know.

Cheers Steve. Never had these issues with PinMAME ;)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Man, the presentation is through the roof on this one. Even when nothing much is happening, the bombastic organ music is keeping me excited. The tone is definitely more gothic than on Party Monsters, reminds me a lot of ToM actually, especially the deep bass-heavy music and the announcer - probably because Dave Zabriskie worked on both tables. Excellent choice!

And that bone snake looks absolutely fantastic on the iPad 3. The whole table just looks juicy and crisp, something a lot of other iOS tables kinda miss for some reason.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for that Serenseven :)
I hope IF we ever get Family Guy we can ditch the Family Mode!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

Sorry I'm a few months late here but uh, no, its not your policy. It is now, because you want people to buy Pro Mode. But it wasn't your policy back when Medieval Madness was released.

My question for you going forward is, are you really going to do this to us again with Attack From Mars?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Sorry I'm a few months late here but uh, no, its not your policy. It is now, because you want people to buy Pro Mode. But it wasn't your policy back when Medieval Madness was released.

My question for you going forward is, are you really going to do this to us again with Attack From Mars?

Maaaaaan, I saw this pop at the top of the What's New? list and thought it was released for console. Imagine my disappointment when I saw the forum it was in....sigh...

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
Question. I purchased the pro version and turned on the operator mode. I don't see an option for Family Mode setting anywhere. Where is it? I can't find that option for this or MM. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Question. I purchased the pro version and turned on the operator mode. I don't see an option for Family Mode setting anywhere. Where is it? I can't find that option for this or MM. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I don't believe it is an option that exists...perhaps it will come to After Dark.

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
I don't believe it is an option that exists...perhaps it will come to After Dark.

Actually I just figured it out. Just like the real machine I have to fiddle with the coin box and toggle through a bunch of cryptic options and found it!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts