New T2 Table for VP 9.13 - BEST IVE EVER SEEN

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Has anyone seen this table? Good god it's LITERALLY like playing the real thing! Physics, graphics, sound, lighting, are all literally perfect! I had to tweak the speed of the flippers to 0.5 and the strength to 0.5, and now it literally feels like having a machine in my house.

Check this out for all you VPM guys!

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6105

I hope FS is paying attention ;)

Last edited:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Weird...just go to the site and seatch Terminator Chrome, make sure you change the tab on the left to "downloads"

karl

May 10, 2012
It is not a new table.(nov 2011) He just changed a few tiny things to make it work better in 9.13, but yes it is a beauty (as I also stated in another thread). Wish tipoto would make many more tables. There is so much potential still in the vp platform as this table truly demonstrates

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
RIIIIGHT?? Insane. Just insane. Id never tried a fullscreen table before, couldn't be bothered to flip my monitor around. But man after this?! I'm actually considering geting the Virtuapin mini. Been thinking of looking for a real one, but the maintenance has me scared off.

The LOTR fullscreen table is amazing too, just not as pretty looking or sounding.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
How does VP work? Where is the artwork coming from? How does licensing work? Are people doing what FarSight does for free?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
How does VP work? Where is the artwork coming from? How does licensing work? Are people doing what FarSight does for free?

There is VP and FP. Two totally different platforms that do things very differently. Yup its regular joes doing the scanning, modelling, scripting etc. VP uses the actual ROMS just like TPA. And yes, they are doing what FS does for free :) I'll do my best to break them down for you as I've only been on them a few weeks but have learned alot in that time.

FP uses a 3D engine and has the BEST lighting I've seen in any virtual pinball game. Spectacular really, especially the table 3 Angels. But it doesn't use the ROMS, as such, the scripting is fine with some things missing or not working like the real thing, but you'd hardly notice unless you know the table inside and out. FP also has a lot of the recent stern games that can't be included in VP due to the ROM usage and Sterns new system. (Correct me here, I'm still new to these platforms). Alot of these tables look far better than anything Zen or FS has put out simply due to the more powerful hardware available to the PC world. Some are really quite amazing. Check youtube for the top FP games.

The downside to all of this awesomeness is that the physics are just not up to snuff. You can tweak them to get them feeling better, to the point where its totally playable and very enjoyable but it takes some work and never feels quite RIGHT. Some tables play better than others, and some feel just as good as TPA.

VP is simulated 3D. The camera doesnt move around. There are modelled 3D objects and toys in the game, but they typically don't fare as well as their FP counterparts. The main selling feature of VP is its physics, which feel better than any other platform I've tried. Ever. But the squished looking tables turned me off. However, if you can lay your monitor flat or stand it up somehow, try playing the fullscreen tables. They are amazing! With the physics they FEEL just like the real thing. For the most part though, the graphics aren't up to snuff (with some great exceptions). VP is also a bit of a pain to install and get working right, there are numerous tutorials on youtube and on the site, it took my over a week of tweaking to get it all just right (actually FP took some tweaking to get the performance/graphics tradeoff right as well, but was a breeze to install).

Now T2 has totally changed all of this. It's by FAR the best looking and playing virtual table I've ever seen, going back to Pinbot on the NES (my first) through to TPA. It's really amazing what tipoto achieved with this. It just looks REAL. I hope he makes more tables. Or gets a job with FS :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
VP is truly amazing software. Once i get a decently upgraded system I will be going back to it, but my laptop really feels the burn when playing any of the newer tables. That and I have to have VLC running HD video in the background to be able to play any EMs

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
can someone please explain to me, how am i supposed to change the physics of the flippers on this table? i can't just select the flippers in editor (like you always do it) becouse nothing is drawn in the editor when i load it up, and can't select them both from the select menu, becouse the right flipper is somewhere offscreen in the menu...

i mean the flippers are horrible, can't properly control the ball at all

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
can someone please explain to me, how am i supposed to change the physics of the flippers on this table? i can't just select the flippers in editor (like you always do it) becouse nothing is drawn in the editor when i load it up, and can't select them both from the select menu, becouse the right flipper is somewhere offscreen in the menu...

i mean the flippers are horrible, can't properly control the ball at all

You have to use the arrows to scroll the table to the right, the table is there it just doesnt show up when you load it for some reason. The flippers defintely needs some tweaking. I got them working PERFECTLY. Let me know if you need the settings.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.