New T2 Table for VP 9.13 - BEST IVE EVER SEEN

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I keep hoping that JPS retired from VP to go work at FS. He doesn't even have to move. Just let him work from home. Lets start a kickstarter for that. Hiring JPS.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What are the minimum specs needed to produce the graphics in that sample video?
Is it far fetched to think the PS3 could handle that?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
To be diplomatic,
there is a whole lot of room for improvement in the sound dep on VP. It is a bit strange because they use the same roms as the real machines?
Will be fun to hear the Virtuapin with a subwoofer and speakers on a cabinet when I get it but I guess there is no reason
it should sound any better than a regular pc with good speakers? I have Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 now and there is a lot of hizz and what sounds like a very low compression

I actually think that the issue with the ROM sound in TPA is probably because the ROM volume is up past 27. In VP, a lot of the roms are too quiet when you first download them and you have to turn them up using the coin door commands in the options menu, but if you go past 27 it seems to overdrive the "soundboard" and there is horrible digital clipping. but at 27 or lower it sounds great. I really think that the volume defaults possibly to max in TPA.

EDIT:

Well looks like I'm dead wrong on this.
I checked out ToTAN and the volume was set at 12. Furthermore, adjusting the volume on the rom seems to have absolutely no effect.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I checked out ToTAN and the volume was set at 12. Furthermore, adjusting the volume on the rom seems to have absolutely no effect.

As does disabling the attract mode sound and music in the op settings. Theses are really baffling issues that have been raised several times with no response unfortunately though.

Jul 2, 2012
I remember reading somewhere that the sounds aren't actually played from the original sound ROMs. Instead the samples have been extracted and are played by the app itself.

Might also be wrong on that... But whatever makes it tick, the sound quality could use an improvement. DCS sound is really crisp and vibrant in real life, not muffled like in TPA.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Well, I finally took the plunge with VP just for T2 Chrome and it looks and plays fantastic!

Took me a little while to get everything in order but it really is worth it! Thanks to Tipoto for creating this masterpiece.

I have one annoying little hiccup. For some reason the cannon animation is a bit stuttery for me and I've tried just about everything I can think of to get it playing as smooth as in this video (0:42):

Does anyone have any advice?

Here's a nice image of the playfield ;)

T2.jpg

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
That looks immense Kimkom thanks for sharing. Do you know of any links to guides on how to install and setup Visual Pinball, and get this table working, had a quick look and it sounds a tad daunting

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
FS could only dream of a T2 like this.

FarSight have adopted a completely 3d, real-time environment, which in my honest opinion is the correct way to go.

Given the advancements in technology, we'll soon be seeing this quality of image rendered fully in real-time. So eventually we will have the best of both worlds. A completely acurate 3d replication of tables we can view from any angle, any position in 3d space, and also be able to see details as you would when walking around a real table, while at the same time being photo realistic will soon be possible.

Whilst Tipoto's T2 Chrome undoubtably looks fantastic, this approach will always be restricted to certain resolutions and one 'fake' static view that is not rendered dynamically.

Looks good though ;)

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
That looks immense Kimkom thanks for sharing. Do you know of any links to guides on how to install and setup Visual Pinball, and get this table working, had a quick look and it sounds a tad daunting

Francis, it's pretty straighforward. Just visit the VPForum.

I started by downloading the Visual Pinball 9 (full install) and Visual PinMame 2.5. This sets up the programs you need and the directory structure. From there it's just a question of downloading the essential files, the T2 table, Tipoto's mod and the T2 ROMs. It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is, and all the files you need are on the one website so no need to hunt around.

It's worth it just for Tipoto's T2. Just don't expect any of the other tables to look anywhere near as good!

Best of luck. :)

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Thanks Kimkom, did eventually get it to work, however landscape only and with some glitches (black outlines over some objects?) still pretty smart though - the best thing other than the realistic lighting though is the flipper sounds - so much more realistic and heavier then the TPA ones.

Hope even more now the Kickstarter succeeds - this table is great fun to play and the theme is spot on.

Agree as well that ultimately 3D is the way forward for Pinball Games, the lighting and realism will get better over time (Look at TPA on PS4)

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Virtual Pinball is the <your favorite scatological term here>

I can't imagine why this article is suddenly getting a lot of action. [/sarcasm]

If anyone needs a written tutorial on the install and setup of Visual Pinball:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=1

The article is for landscape (4:3) one-monitor setup, but there are links to tutorials on portrait (16:9) and related setups.

There are other guides and YouTube videos a short web search away. The community at VP Forums is huge and helpful.

Last edited:

mudtoe

Sep 21, 2012
I can't imagine why this article is suddenly getting a lot of action. [/sarcasm]

If anyone needs a written tutorial on the install and setup of Visual Pinball:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=1

The article is for landscape (4:3) one-monitor setup, but there are links to tutorials on portrait (16:9) and related setups.

^ This is the guide I finally found and used last night for my first successful attempt at VP installation. I've tried a few tables and am still playing with a few different landscape desktop monitor configurations (Future Pinball seems to have a more robust variety of video preferences?).

On topic, I've not yet rotated my main display to try this table in VP, though it looks fantastic.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Now we just need an Addams Family thread about how good Melon's version looks and perma link it here to pinball arcade fans so all the twits that ask for it on Facebook have somewhere to go. ;) This T2 looks great I can't get it to go on my PC though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts