How can I get my KS reward on the Mac?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I own TPA on ios and android, but how do I get access to my KS twilight zone table on the Mac? The only option I see is to buy the 9.99 TPA app. Is there a code for me to redeem?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
You'll need TPA for Mac first. AFAIK, there's no free version of TPA on Mac.

The $10 version of TPA includes the 4 tables as well (TOTAN, TOM, BH, RBION) - which also costs $10 on iOS and Android and Xbox and PS3.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I have TPA for Mac. I am a $100 backer but can't get the table I paid for as a reward. It wants me to purchase it. I logged out, logged back in, restored previous purchases, nothing. I am not going to pay for it again, that's for sure. What gives?

Last edited:

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
"Also, if your farsight login is different than your kickstarter email address, please PM me so we can get you your table. (Note that this is for mobile and OSX only). "

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I have TPA for Mac. I am a $100 backer but can't the table I paid for as a reward. It wants me to purchase it. I logged out, logged back in, restored previous purchases, nothing. I am not going to pay for it again, that's for sure. What gives?

Log out of your FarSight account and log back in. Do NOT restore purchases. Play TZ. If you want to play something else, THEN restore purchases. But to play TZ again, you have to log out and log back in.

DO NOT RESTORE PURCHASES TO PLAY TZ.

To Play TZ:
Log out of Farsight account.
Play TZ.

TO Play other tables:
Click other table. If it asks to buy, click Cancel and click table again, where it should ask if you want to restore purchases. Click yes.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Log out of your FarSight account and log back in. Do NOT restore purchases. Play TZ. If you want to play something else, THEN restore purchases. But to play TZ again, you have to log out and log back in.

DO NOT RESTORE PURCHASES TO PLAY TZ.

To Play TZ:
Log out of Farsight account.
Play TZ.

TO Play other tables:
Click other table. If it asks to buy, click Cancel and click table again, where it should ask if you want to restore purchases. Click yes.

Still doesn't work for me. Still wants me to buy it and I'm also a $100 backer. Boy, this makes me reconsider backing at this level in the future.

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
Yeah I also backed at $100 and this doesn't work on Mac... works on iPhone, and though it seems to be an iOS port the restoring of purchases, and just buying things in general with your iTunes account does not work the same on the MAC versus the iPhone.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
$100 backer.. Farsight login automagically gives me TZ on iOS but not on Mac. Tried logging out and then back in. Emailed Farsight Friday night. Still haven't heard back.

mtichismo

Oct 29, 2012
I can't get my Mac version to work either and haven't heard anything back from support, even over previous issues.

I beginning to think we should just contact our credit cards and demand a refund from the campaign. At best, we won't get the same access to the tables we'd have through an In-App purchase. It requires all devices use the same Kickstarter ID as well. An additional burden at least, but it doesn't even work and there's no information regarding anything, except the awards they hope to win at year's end. It's obnoxious.

They won't even send out a PR message. They've made their backers feel almost universally used. How long should we wait for a response? Another week? A month? February?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Have you tried sending Rob Mann a private message on here? He's helped others out already.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Who is Rob Mann and how does one contact him?

Rob Mann is a member here and a Farsight employee apparently. Search the forum for one of his posts and send him a private message. I received a message from him late last night saying that I should be able to access TZ within 24 hours. I had sent him a message earlier this week and he got my name and e-mail address to use to activate TZ. I'll let you know if and when it works for me when I get home tonight.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I received a message like that about a week ago saying it may take 24 hours too. Hope yours works out better than mine did. I am still unable to play. I refuse to pay for it again. I think $100 is enough. Sent Rob an email.

mitchismo

Oct 29, 2012
I finally heard back today and they seem to have corrected my purchase on all of my devices.

They took their time, but they made it right (minus the frustration).

I guess just... be patient. :-|

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Well, I now am able to "play" TZ except for the low frame rate problem....so it's essentially unplayable. I believe this is supposed to be addressed in the next update. But, at least Rob answered me and got it unlocked like he promised. I'll give them some time. Hopefully they won't have the frame rate problem on STTNG.

mitchismo

Oct 29, 2012
For what it's worth, the game still doesn't perform well enough to be played. You aren't missing much—they have a lot of work to do, still. For every Mac user.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.