1.12.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

Sv: 1.12.0 Beta

So this is why I just woke up in the middle of the night? Thanks!

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Great, thanks Ryan! Can't wait to try it out. Been looking forward to this one a while.

Edit: Not sure if you have anything planned but Central Park doesn't have any table sound on the table select screen. I assumed it would be similar to Big Shot and just do some bells. Feels a little strange with nothing. Also the "balls played" doesn't fill, not sure if that is on purpose to run smoother for mobile though.

The animated monkey is pretty great :)

I know it isn't really your department but why is the bottom of the table cut off so often? Last pack was perfect and this one is wonky again on CC. Same with the plunger lengths being too short ... I know it's a small issue but it distracts me seeing it's nowhere near the ball.

I had one crash so far on a Nexus 7 after exiting Firepower. Got to the menu and then closed itself after appearing to stick switching tables. Seems like a fluke at the moment though.

Thanks for the great work! :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Talk about early, Ryan!

I was not expecting this for at least another week. Will do some testing.

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
When these betas come out, can someone mention the tables for the benefit of the non-testers? Thanks!

Looks like Central Park and....

Cactus Canyon maybe?

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
N

netizen

The tables were announced before the beta was released :confused: Pictures posted on Facebook and everything.

CC: the plunger cam doesn't come back to the plunger on a soft plunge that shifts the view to the play field, but isn't hard enough to actually put the ball into play.

Nexus 10/ 4.2.2, plunger view 1

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: ball passes through bart

Steps To Reproduce: shoot at bart, watch the ball pass through to the loop behind.

Frequency: 1 in 5

Additional Comments: it seem that if the shot is more to the right it will go through more often. Plus some shots that don;t go through will just disappear rather than animate the motion of going down the scoop/trap.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
_Cactus Canyon Observations_

Absolutely no high score initial entry music or sound effects on cactus canyon.

100% so far on the games I've played. Also no match music (if the game has any). And the attract mode music takes a while to start paying again.

The interface sound effects are all you get at the initial entry screen.

Also are the red flasher bulbs blown in all but the pop bumper area? I seem to remember that each time the ball goes around the skill shot whirlpool, that flasher should trigger.

And the red flashers are quite absent in multiball, which is quite unusual. On most modern tables, this is when the flashers are going bonkers.

It's it just the alignment of the pricing and rule cards that make this table seem crooked?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
2erapa6u.jpg

Are there supposed to be two plungers on the machine?

Play this game, and you'll never complain about the Medieval Madness flipper gap again...

Although I did manage to place EEL on the high score table.

aby2u8ev.jpg

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
The font for the name of the two new tables is different than the font for the others.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, there are supposed to be two plungers. The second plunger is what was used to manually push a ball into the launch trough. The oval hole that's labelled "BALLS PLAYED" is actually a window that allows you to physically see the balls that drained. They then just sit there until a new game is started. Seriously old school.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yes, there are supposed to be two plungers. The second plunger is what was used to manually push a ball into the launch trough. The oval hole that's labelled "BALLS PLAYED" is actually a window that allows you to physically see the balls that drained. They then just sit there until a new game is started. Seriously old school.

That's awesome! I love it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Cactus Canyon seems to have this invisible playfield imperfection around the sheriff's star (second rectangular light from the left I think ) that sends slow balls all over the place. Almost like there is a magnet under the playfield. Fast balls are fine.

I encountered this while playing in portrait on the TF300T. Haven't played much in landscape yet.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
Cactus Canyon seems to have this invisible playfield imperfection around the sheriff's star (second rectangular light from the left I think ) that sends slow balls all over the place. Almost like there is a magnet under the playfield. Fast balls are fine.

I encountered this while playing in portrait on the TF300T. Haven't played much in landscape yet.
I was wondering if you meant the top right of the star (which is where I have been am encountering the invisible wall/magnet), but I too just had it happen to me on the top left of the star as well.

Another bug?
One thing I have noticed about each loop is when a ball is shot from either kicker (or just rolling down the loop), the ball will sometimes hit the the end of the loop and will be deflected toward the center of the table (similar to the right loop of AFM, though not as extreme).
I suppose the left loop could be doing this since the ball can come down at different angles because of the jet bumpers?
With the center loop, I'm not sure what could be causing it to do this. Angles as well?

Nexus 7 rooted 4.1.2

Last edited:

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
What a fantastic Friday night gift!

What I've seen on CC:

* CC is in really good shape for a beta! A few "whoopses" here and there but I haven't found anything gamebreaking.
* Agree with the comment above that a lot of shots that hit the "bounty" target bounce out. Anybody know if the actual game has the same "feature"?
* Agree with the comment above that there's something wacky with the game physics around the right side of the sheriff's star of the playfield. Slow balls seem to change direction.
* Some music is definitely missing -- is this what they meant by parts of the game aren't finished? Music seems to be missing for the match screen, the end noises on the "High Noon" mode, etc...
* When you "miss" with the plunger lane and don't get the ball into the bowl, the camera angle doesn't bring you back to the plunger -- you have to "press" the ball to re-launch it. (You might be asking "is it that hard to hit the bowl"?...unless you do a "proper" plunge (bring the plunger back slowly) the ball screams toward the bowl and then comes back down in my experience.

And now, My Personal Opinion (tm):
* The Wizard Goals are too easy. I've already finished them.
* The high scores for initial entry seem too high. In my game finishing High Noon and being what I thought was pretty awesome, I'm still in 5th place on the high score list.

The above two Personal Opinions aren't necessarily problems with the game...they're just very out of place compared to the other tables in TPA.

* The game is "too bright". It's tough to see what's flashing on the playfield because the lights are small (that's not TPA's fault!) and the text is small and the flashing lights don't "pop". I can imagine this being easier to see in a dark bar or arcade.

No comments on CP. I've played a couple of games...can't say I enjoyed them. It may be "pinball history" but it feels too much like "not pinball". Maybe I'll get the bug later. :)

Eckless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.