Season 3 released on Steam

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Yep, it's out. And the price for Season 2 has been lowered as well.

Announced tables for S3 in the welcome screen are Junkyard, Whodunnit and Black Knight 2K.

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
Am I correctly understanding that this is only ten tables instead of twenty for the same price? Are the tables twice as expensive now?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Anything else fixed/improved in the update?

Patchnotes on Steam:

PC 1.21.2 Updates:
- New DLC: Fish Tales.
- New DLC: Fish Tales Pro Menus.
- New DLC: Fish Tales + Pro Menus Pack.
- New DLC: Season 3 Pack.
- New DLC: Season 3 Pro Pack.
- New DLC: Season 2 Ball Pack.
- Free Table of the Month: Whirlwind.
- "Leaderboards" removed from the main menu to make room for "Season Three".
- "What's New" text is displayed on the first run on a new major release.
- Config utility had a small makeover.
- Updated Config utility to include a texture filtering option.

Bug Fixes:
- Multimon fix (PBAConfig update).
- Dual Flipper when mapped to button fixed.
- Dual Flipper threshhold changed from 5% to 10% (toggle the option on and off to get the change).
- Windows Key & Accessibility Shortcuts are disabled.
- Added a 12% deadzone to triggers.
- Fixed HUD scale on portrait on Big Shot and Central Park.
- Fixed crash when entering Goin' Nuts' pro menu.
- Added "Manual" button to the Pro Help menu on landscape.
- Fixed Pro mode not saving settings.
- nVidia AA fixed
- Fixed issue with pinball wizard controller causing wierd menu issues.
- Fixed high score screen in portrait.
- Fixed Fun House cameras on portrait.
- Adjusted portrait HUD on: Centaur, Class of 1812, Dr. Dude, El Dorado, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Flight 2000, Haunted House, Pin*Bot, Space Shuttle, Victory, and Whirlwind.
- Fixed Harley not always working with multiplayer
- Game pauses if a controller connection is lost during gameplay.
- Removed the “Back” button from the High Scores screen at the end of a game.
- Fixed DMD scaling in landscape and portrait.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Am I correctly understanding that this is only ten tables instead of twenty for the same price? Are the tables twice as expensive now?

It's not clear yet, that every table pack will be just one table, but Fish tales costs 5 bucks just like the 2 table packs...

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
So is TOTAN still free with Whirlwind becoming the free table of the month? I seem to be able to play it freely so far.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I think by "old" he means a table they've done in the past. Not specific to time period.
That would make sense. Although I could see the old EM games being a bit easier to design. On a side note, Firepower seems to be a bit easier now. Otherwise, I just had a transcendental moment and nearly breached the top 10 all-time leaderboard in my 6th game ever.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
C'mon guys. You can't just double the price.

That is quite the price hike then, especially when buying for other platforms as well.

The price is not quite doubled. In fact it's the same price as the discounted season 1.

The community had a strong voice in favor of this move. Not sure if it was the majority but certainly a strong voice and those who championed for this are getting what they want. In reality the situation is pay up or gtfo. Personally, I wasn't for the move but it is what it is. And quite frankly, Fish Tales seems to play really nicely so maybe it was a move in the right direction, only time will tell.

So is TOTAN still free with Whirlwind becoming the free table of the month? I seem to be able to play it freely so far.

When you download tpa totan is a free table that you own. That won't be revoked if you downloaded it while it was in effect.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Fish Tales is awesome. I'd rather the development team slow down and get things right. There are tons of areas to investigate and hopefully improve with content that already exists. If dropping to a single table release offers a better use of time to fine tune and polish the game, I'm all for it. It still seems as if I am getting a heck of a bargain, and I almost feel guilty about getting the joy that I do after spending relatively so little money on this product. (I have all tables at pro level, where available, on multiple platforms)

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
only 10 tables hmmm

but for double price i expect some "licensed" tables :)

lord of the rings (may be expensive too, many actors....)
addams family (may be the cheapest one from my list...)
wwf royal rumble (vince mcmahon is known for "make some money" , but some wrestlers from the table are already dead which may reduce license fees a bit...)
super mario bros. (nintendo may say no until there will be a version for there systems)
indiana jones (same money as t2 i guess...)
star wars episode 1 ( fx2 seems to have some deal with george lucas / disney + Williams Pinball 2000 may be hard to emulate for mobiles)
and one of the new stern pinballs (may be stern don't want there new tables emulated at this time)

may be time for a new kickstart round to get at least one or two of the tables :)

btw: i like these old em tables (less work... yep and i guess cheaper in terms of license fees)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.