Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Party Zone

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Hurricane

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Since I already posted a poll for your licensed Bally/Williams DMD top picks here's one for the thirteen unannounced non-licensed ones. I know that some of these may have a licensed feature within them (i.e. ZZ Top in The Getaway) but their themes have no outside license.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The Getaway is one of my most played pins ever, and I really hope to see both it and the original HS in TPA at some point.

Also, I really wonder how they would make Safe Cracker work. Would be interesting to see.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The Getaway is one of my most played pins ever, and I really hope to see both it and the original HS in TPA at some point.

Also, I really wonder how they would make Safe Cracker work. Would be interesting to see.

Getaway is definitely a pick for me. I did debate as to whether or not to put Safe Cracker on here but since there weren't that many, I thought "what the heck." :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Such a good list. I really hope Farsight brings them all eventually, but especially Whitewater, Cactus Canyon, and The Getaway.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I picked Cactus Canyon but it was my only obvious pick. I think Whitewater and Getaway and Fish Tales are probably safely in the bag given a long enough run for this game.

Its been so long since I have played a Black Rose, but I do remember having a great time, same for Junkyard to a lesser extent. Love Road Show, even the linear aspect since so many games will let you pick modes by flipper or jet bumper its nice to have to work to see a mode. Hurricane mostly because I love the trilogy and don't have nearly the playtime on a real Hurricane to form a judgement. Part of me wants the games I DONT remember that well more than the ones I do, they are always the harder ones to find in the real world too.

I have not hated a single non licensed DMD era game, and only a few of the licensed ones so its hard to goof up.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
@Actionball
I know what you mean when it comes to picking ones you don't remember. In some cases I picked ones that I could never afford. I played Cactus Canyon once years ago at an amusement park and could never even think about affording a real one. Definitely a pick for me.

F

Franky

Junk Yard - is the most underrated table of all time - funny, detailed - just amazing, this would be really something special to collect.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Cactus Canyon looks pretty interesting on the pictures I've seen and I'd love to have a go at it. However it's a rare machine that wasn't widely distributed if you look at the production numbers (The then upcoming Pinball 2000 tables might have something to do with it), so I don't think that it's very likely that I ever will, at least IRL.

BTW, I have read quite often that the rules for this game are "unfinished". For those who have played it: What does it mean? :confused:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Cactus Canyon looks pretty interesting on the pictures I've seen and I'd love to have a go at it. However it's a rare machine that wasn't widely distributed if you look at the production numbers (The then upcoming Pinball 2000 tables might have something to do with it), so I don't think that it's very likely that I ever will, at least IRL.

BTW, I have read quite often that the rules for this game are "unfinished". For those who have played it: What does it mean? :confused:

Pinball 2000 was the specific reason it was halted. Not to mention shortened runs on other tables, cancellations of projects and rereleases not happening.

Unfinished is kind of a misnomer. The rims are complete, they just lack code that was intended to be included in a later rom update. It is finished in terms of machine functionality but not finished in regards to the ultimate vision of what the developer intended for the table.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Any one of these would be a great addition to TPA. Hurricane is pretty dull, with a terrible use of the DMD, and Black Rose is pretty generic - like an early Zen table. I also feel Party Zone is overrated, or maybe I just haven't played [the VP version] enough. However, there are many others that have a great reputation (such as Junk Yard and Safe Cracker), that I haven't had a chance to play yet.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I, seriously, vote ALL OF THE ABOVE!

But my 5 were WHITE WATER (1st by a mile), Getaway, Fish Tales, WHO Dunnit, Champion Pub.

White Water is such a fantastic classic, how is it not already a confirmed table?

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
The Getaway
Whitewater
Cactus Canyon
Red and Ted's Roadshow
Junkyard

(I would have went with Fish Tales, but I just love playing Junkyard. It's super simple, but I have a lot of fun playing it)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Based on the voting so far, White Water and Fish Tales would make a well received water themed DLC pair. Would Be excited to see that duo!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Based on the voting so far, White Water and Fish Tales would make a well received water themed DLC pair. Would Be excited to see that duo!

Yep, would also love to see that! Fish Tales bears an awful lot of similarities to Terminator 2, both in playfield and rules. Probably not a coincidence, since they were designed by Mark and Steve Ritchie, respectively, and were released within a year or two of each other.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The Getaway
Whitewater
Cactus Canyon
Red and Ted's Roadshow
Junkyard

That's my list except I had Safe Cracker instead of Junkyard, and it was a total toss-up between the two.

Roadshow and Cactus Canyon got a lot of play from me in Virtual Pinball. Same with Safe Cracker. Junkyard I never found a quality recreation, but the real thing is such a blast and would love to go deep into it. Whitewater is one in VP where the angle of play just made it incredibly difficult to see shots, so I'd die for a TPA version. The Getaway is plain awesome sauce. Why don't we have a Steve Richie table yet??

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Definitely Cactus Canyon!

It's obvious that Farsight has chosen some previous tables based on not only being fun to play but historical reasons as well. Being that Cactus Canyon was the last traditional pinball ever made by Bally/Williams I think it would be a perfect addition to TPA. Also, its been said by many pinball designers that casual gamers love "toys" on their pinball table. I'm sure players would love bashing the Bart toy in the top right corner of the playfield. With that said, I think the casual would also love bashing the boxer in The Champion Pub as well. No licenses involved with either table. If CC is too expensive to buy, maybe an owner might be willing to loan it to Farsight and have his/her name in the credits. While many of the hardcore may argue that CC is unfinished and TCP is too simple these are perfect tables to attract the casual. Oh, and I like them too. :)

Last edited:
F

Franky

First Pack:

White Water/Fish Tales

Second Pack:

Cactus Canyon/The Getaway

but i don't think they will waste these burners with just two packs.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
With almost ninety votes it seems like the top five picks are White Water, Fish Tales, The Getaway, Roadshow and Cactus Canyon. Taking an objective point of view how likely do you think it is we'll get these tables? Personally, I think WW and FT are easy slam dunks with pretty much no hurdles. Roadshow and The Getaway have some minor licensing that shouldn't be too tough and the only thing holding CC back is its high price. I think we'll get them all from Farsight and maybe some of the others on this list at some point but what are your thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts