Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Party Zone

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Hurricane

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The only thing holding up a non-licensed table from becoming DLC , is FArsight able to buy the table? If so , what will it add to the game? Is it popular enough to attract new buyers and keep old buyers entertained?

The Harley Davidson table might not be that "hot" but it's bound to attract motorcycle enthusiasts and fans of the "IP" , same goes for Star Trek TNG , there is broader appeal for the general public in those choices , as for any releases from the Williams or Gottlieb collections? Well they already have intimate knowledge of those machines , and re-coding any PHOF tables is much simpler the second go-around .But polls like this one will help them keep tabs if they need the advice on where to go after they get to the point where that input is needed .

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
still they need to work a deal with PHoF to barrow a table, fully restore it as they digitize then give $1 from every purchase that featured THAT table then all proceedes go to PHoF donations...Salvation Army I think. Anyways the inconvenience of the table missing could be compensated, more deals. PINBALL CIRCUS alone would generate at least $100k from all platforms.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Farsight is buying actual tables of everything they recreate. That means soon they'll have the top 10 highest rated pins sitting in their office. On top of those, an insane collection of highly desirable pins above and beyond. All shopped to perfection. And they're running out of space.

Open up an arcade in Big Bear for God's sake!! Charge admission, make it a buck a table to play, I don't care. I just wanna be able to walk into a room and have that level of quality just staring me in the face! And then use that money to buy whatever hell table they want to recreate next. Like Big Bang Bar, cause that thing has never made a public debut, only private collectors.

Whew, had to get that outta my system. As to the topic at hand, I think there is one other factor holding up how readily we'll see those tables from the poll...Farsight doing a Gottlieb or Stern table. But then as I like to say, "someone other than Williams/Bally makes pinball?". All I know is, 2 years from now, this is gonna be the most expensive game I own with all the DLC!

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Even after my pinball overload at the California Extreme this past weekend, I'm still jonzing for another game of The Champion Pub. It's such a unique game, that even though the center play field boxing toy is quite gimmicky, the pure pinball action in-between fights is really still really challenging & fun. And even with just about every single amazing table you can think of available for play at CAX, Champion Pub had one of the most consistent lines of people waiting to play, right next to TOM, TOTAN, and CFTBL. It's a really addicting game!
Anyone else on here go to the CAX this year?

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Even after my pinball overload at the California Extreme this past weekend, I'm still jonzing for another game of The Champion Pub. It's such a unique game, that even though the center play field boxing toy is quite gimmicky, the pure pinball action in-between fights is really still really challenging & fun. And even with just about every single amazing table you can think of available for play at CAX, Champion Pub had one of the most consistent lines of people waiting to play, right next to TOM, TOTAN, and CFTBL. It's a really addicting game!
Anyone else on here go to the CAX this year?

I know what you mean about The Champion Pub. I had a little rant about it and Cactus Canyon earlier in this thread. They're so rare and enjoyable even for the novice it would be a shame if they didn't show up before Farsight was done with this.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
still they need to work a deal with PHoF to barrow a table, fully restore it as they digitize then give $1 from every purchase that featured THAT table then all proceedes go to PHoF donations...Salvation Army I think. Anyways the inconvenience of the table missing could be compensated, more deals. PINBALL CIRCUS alone would generate at least $100k from all platforms.

PINBALL Circus as I understand , is the rarest Pinball table in existence ? Two or three exist in the world , so it's not viable for FarSight to ever approach re-creating it by disassembling one as they normally do, UNLESS they were invited to witness when the owner had it maintenanced and allowed to digitise it while it was being disassembled , fat chance . They would have to be content with a recreation based on using photos and video and recreating it to the best of their ability ,which I would be fine with.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
loch ness monster 1 made never released. Weve had a lengthy discussion about PINBALL CIRCUS in another thread with alot of interesting points as to how and why it could/should be preserved digitally.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
PINBALL Circus as I understand , is the rarest Pinball table in existence ? Two or three exist in the world , so it's not viable for FarSight to ever approach re-creating it by disassembling one as they normally do, UNLESS they were invited to witness when the owner had it maintenanced and allowed to digitise it while it was being disassembled , fat chance . They would have to be content with a recreation based on using photos and video and recreating it to the best of their ability ,which I would be fine with.

There are plenty of one-off experimental/prototype games out there. Pinball Circus is known more for its design AND rarity than just its rarity.

loch ness monster 1 made never released. Weve had a lengthy discussion about PINBALL CIRCUS in another thread with alot of interesting points as to how and why it could/should be preserved digitally.

Wizard Blocks, zero made, one in development when Williams closed its doors. We could do this all day.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
so then it was NEVER made.Although a prototype, its open to the public and maintained . Once again a perfect candidate for digital preservation. Only reason its not a top table...its not massively produced if this game had made more copies it would be A MUST!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Red & Ted's Road Show is the one I'd like to have the most. Finding it at a truck stop seemed most fitting with the pinball theme. Well one can only hope...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So glad that Safe Cracker is on that list (even though it's not receiving many votes :( ). Would have used up all my votes on that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts