Table Pack #51 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Weird that there is no newsleter yet. As for A.G. Soccer, I wouldn't even think about predicting it until the multiplayer beta starts. And even then, I think it will take awhile.

Banzai Run, Rollergames, or The Shadow would all be great ways to start season 6.

But IMO, there is no way to start a season off with a bigger bang than BBB!

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
Obviously there's been no newsletter yet, but I'd love to see it be something really surprising.

Would love to see Fire! or Rollergames.

KayTwo

Apr 19, 2016
A.G. Soccer or Mousin Around or something else?

When will start Season 6? One month after the last table of season 5 or will there be a break?

I couldn't wait for Mousin' Around to be added to TPA, so a month ago I bought the real table (my first).

It's a fun table, with funny sound effects and call-outs, I think it deserves to be added to TPA.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Just curious, Invitro: where did you see these "leaks?" Thanks!
Sure thing, they are mentioned many times in the executable:

$ strings.exe -t d tpa/PinballArcade.exe | grep -i pinballmag
3401080 CPBTablePinballMagic
3607720 Dev\DoctorWho\Dev\PinballMagic\Dev\PBTBigBangBar\Dev\StarTrek\
3609224 TPinballMagic_Enums.csv
3611192 Dev/PinballMagic/PBTPinballMagic.csv
3614864 TPinballMagic
4134580 <TABLE_PINBALLMAGIC>
5508644 .?AVCPBTablePinballMagic@@

$ strings.exe -t d tpa/PinballArcade.exe | grep -i bigbangb
3385472 CPBTableBigBangBar
3607720 Dev\DoctorWho\Dev\PinballMagic\Dev\PBTBigBangBar\Dev\StarTrek\
3609200 TBigBangBar_Enums.csv
3611156 Dev/BigBangBar/PBTBigBangBar.csv
3614852 TBigBangBar
4134560 <TABLE_BIGBANGBAR>
5507496 .?AVCPBTableBigBangBar@@

They were last month too, but there are more mentions this month.

(Unfortunately, I don't see any new tables mentioned this month :(.)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
June_Hint_2016.jpg

Indianapolis 500

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Great! - fun table and total surprise.

I believe Indy 500 is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year - so excellent timing to boot!

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Oh man, such nice surprises thise season. Indy 500, one of my favorite tables, and now we're finally getting Capcom ones. Breakshot too, please.

I want my season pass already, this is exciting.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Oh man, such nice surprises thise season. Indy 500, one of my favorite tables, and now we're finally getting Capcom ones. Breakshot too, please.
A very nice surprise, I agree! I'm particularly happy because I've only played Indy 500 a couple of times, and so it's one of my most-wanted tables.

If the Capcom tables really are coming, I think Breakshot would have a very nice shot... I think it was pretty popular, it's not rare*, it shouldn't be too expensive I think. I played it a lot when it was newish; I thought it was a little boring, but I think it would go down well with TPA players. For those unfamiliar with it, Breakshot was Capcom's attempt to make a simpler table more like 1970's EM's. The designer is famous 1970's designer Greg Kmiec. It has no ramps, but I found it still to be a pretty complex table, maybe on the level of late-1980's tables.

* Edit: Production was 1000. It might be a little bit rare... they were all over the place where I lived though, so my judgement may be inaccurate.

A blurb from IPDB: "3 ball cue in the center of the playfield with a hole at the bottom, and 3 scoops at the top; after each ball is captured, a large metal plug rises and blocks the opening and the locked balls rest against it. The player must then hit the plug to knock the balls into the scoops to start multiball.

This 1996 game is designed in the older electromechanical style, with no ramps and a one-level playfield. It has a dot matrix display that shows the scores as score reel numbers, and digital sound that simulates EM chimes."

image-25.jpg

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Aug 24, 2015
This is the Indy 500 game I remember :)
indy500_box.jpg

I've played the Stern NASCAR table, it's pretty cool, can't remember playing Indy 500 though, even though it seems familiar.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Played this for the first time at VFW. Only played a few games. Seem to recall it was ok. But still would have rather had Grand Prix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.