Zen Remastered Williams Announcement!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Where to begin, really? The effects are so outstanding! Much more could be done, and that's just not applying to the first pack. There's just so much possibility with the Zen effects applying to Williams and Bally games.

I'd like to see water in the moat for Medieval Madness. It might add a bit more life to the castle.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
It's a great idea and to be honest, I'm surprised they didn't put this feature behind a pay wall (I would have paid a buck to open up this remastered feature!)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I want to point this out, in case you all miss it in a haze of "look at the shiny"...

The Single Player version (or what I will always refer to now as the Zen mode) uses the same physics you have been used to with previous FX3 tables. The flipper angle is also steeper, but strangely enough is the same as what TPA had them set at (yes I did screen shots of my own to compare).

Classic Single Player uses the new physics Zen developed as well as the shallower flippers.

Tournament mode uses the same as Classic, but now with IFPA settings for rules, rake, and post settings

So not only are you getting all the new looks for the tables, but essentially we get 3 different difficulties too. Hopefully Tournament will get it's own leaderboard too.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's a great idea and to be honest, I'm surprised they didn't put this feature behind a pay wall (I would have paid a buck to open up this remastered feature!)

Like f*$@ing Pro Mode? Makes that look like the complete joke it is.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey, be sure to listen to the podcast too if you want to know about 'family mode' and all the factors Zen is looking at regarding what to do.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
It's not for me but This is a great way to bridge the older zen fans with the hardcore real table fans. Would love to see an option to toggle off individual features, example I like the side blades but don't want a goofy fisherman on my table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's not for me but This is a great way to bridge the older zen fans with the hardcore real table fans. Would love to see an option to toggle off individual features, example I like the side blades but don't want a goofy fisherman on my table.

It's also a great way to get hardcore pinballers more used to what goes on in standard Zen tables. If we can actually convince Zen to put the new physics into their old tables (they are seriously toying with this idea, thank you very much), that'd get things even closer to being a two way bridging of the gap.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
When I started with TPA an Zen, I never thought I could enjoy a simulation of a real table with Zen features. I was never so wrong.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
When I first saw what they could do with 'remastering', my mind started spinning.

--Imagine Whirlwind with tornadoes instead of spinners, lightning strikes and rain like what Zen did for Son of Zeus.
--I think Pinball 2000 tables are completely doable now, eliminating the fake holograms for actual animated characters. Wizard Blocks anyone?
--How crazy is too crazy? With Junk Yard I want animated Angel and Devil to pop up, I want fireworks and the dog to be fully animated
--What if instead of boring ol' video mode on the DMD, we go full animation? Like for The Getaway you could totally do what happens on the Aliens table, as it's virtually the same thing but fully rendered.
--EMs and very early SS tables could be brought to life in a way that would appeal to those that dismiss them because they lack toys of any sort.
--What about swapping alpha numeric score for full DMD, ala Bride of Pinbot 2.0?

Right now Zen is playing it safe, gauging reaction. I for one want them to push it even farther. Again, you can toggle on and off the fantasy, so why not go nuts?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
The video mode on High Speed 2 could be made a LOT better by Zen - I could see it working something like the APC driving minigame from their Aliens table. The video mode in HS2 is ... kind of crummy. And that's recognizing that it is one of the better video modes in pinball.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The Single Player version (or what I will always refer to now as the Zen mode) uses the same physics you have been used to with previous FX3 tables. The flipper angle is also steeper, but strangely enough is the same as what TPA had them set at (yes I did screen shots of my own to compare).

Classic Single Player uses the new physics Zen developed as well as the shallower flippers.

the classic single player physics are excellent. the new single player physic is a step backward. I would prefer the same physics for all modes, except the tournament settings...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
the classic single player physics are excellent. the new single player physic is a step backward. I would prefer the same physics for all modes, except the tournament settings...

That's what I'm saying though, they are the same physics as prior Zen original tables. This is a good bridge for those who have only ever played Zen and had no interest in 'real' tables. If you ask me, the Zen mode is right on par with TPA, especially since they both share the same flipper angle.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Are they planning on having multiple leaderboards between the modes? From what I gather on the podcast (thanks by the way great way to end the work day) the zenified version will have different physics? Not a huge deal at the end of the day but I'd imagine they'd play differently.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Are they planning on having multiple leaderboards between the modes? From what I gather on the podcast (thanks by the way great way to end the work day) the zenified version will have different physics? Not a huge deal at the end of the day but I'd imagine they'd play differently.

The Single Player mode has a different leaderboard than the Classic mode. Currently Classic shares leaderboards with Tournament though. I would really like that to get it's own leaderboard too.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
thought of one other nice things about all this...

When you log into Steam on a different computer, it's going to still remember all your progress achieved throughout Zen rather than starting you fresh AND deleting all your data on the other device (grrrrrrr, seriously TPA)

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
--Imagine Whirlwind with tornadoes instead of spinners, lightning strikes and rain like what Zen did for Son of Zeus.

Love the Idea (Storms, sinking ships, fire and chaos...)- vote 4 that. Will be very pleased if They go this way. More gimmicks - from beta on steam i like the most slingshots covered with water - such a small make up, but very appealing (at leat 4 me). When i was watching Zen newest promo video (about remakes) my jaw drop on the floor - but when i turn on steam williams beta it seems look more humble - so Zen, please start going crazy with such a ideas;) I like the default settings - single player start with gimmicks and classic sp without + possibillity turn on/off that on the go, and yee physics are gr8.

--EMs and very early SS tables could be brought to life in a way that would appeal to those that dismiss them because they lack toys of any

Yep. Turn on some Future Pinball EM or early SS ultimate/ultra tables - how gr8 they can be with a magic touch of pinball fans (new music arrangement, gfx gimmicks etc).

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Such a cool feature, perfectly implemented :cool:

Can't wait to see more.

I hope to see a little more graphics polish on the 'original' tables before release, in the form of more 'shine' all round (especially on chrome rails etc.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.