Zen Remastered Williams Announcement!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Observations.

Tournaments

I kind of was fiddling with tournaments and entered a Fish Tales one. The physics of all the tournaments seemed Zen based even when it stated it was Classic. After the first plunge I was able to easily trap the ball with the left flipper. The feel of the new changed physics wasn't apparant in the tournament.

In classic mode

The middle ramps seem to react better. That is that it's not as easy to get the ball all the way around every time you try for the shot. I could easily (before) just shoot the right ramp, the left ramp, the right ramp, left the ramp, right ramp, left ramp, as the flippers were pretty powerful. That doesn't seem to be the case now. I did notice this as well in MM shooting the ramps to the tower and the left ramps as well. Great Job!!

Tournament and arcade mode. Separate leaderboards required. there is such a noticeable difference in the steepness of the board. Seems a bit harder to get up the ramps which isn't a bad thing.

I really hope you guys have add an option to add these tweaks to your older tables. As with this, you could play classic or new tweaks with separate leaderboards. I just couldn't get into playing Sorcerer's Lair while going back to Zen's physics.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I mean, there's just so much possibility going on! I'm blown away with the initial reveal already! Here are some additional ideas:

Medieval Madness:

* Have water in the moat at the front of the castle. I'm not certain if it'll contradict the green lighting that is currently set, though.

* Lightning towards the two sides of the castle during the start of Multiball.

* Lightning going towards both sides of the cabinet, twice, upon collecting a Double Super Jackpot.

Junk Yard

* What's Junk Yard without Fireworks?

We need more of this. Any other bright ideas that might be great on the Remastered versions?

Last edited:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Jared hasn't loaded it up yet, but you can watch the YouTube feed of it right now.

Watched the interview, and that was a *great job*!!!

The biggest thing I got out of it was the plans for a new, apparently greatly enhanced, cabinet mode! With the current cabinet mode you can move the DMD to the 2nd monitor, and then you have to provide your own, static, backglass.
It was super that you asked them specifically about this and I was blown away by the response which seems to indicate that a full cabinet mode with all the bells and whistles is in the works!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How do we get to keep Fish Tales if Scientific Games decides to pull the license? :p

(JK)

What, you didn't hear? Zen just got absorbed by Activision. You will now be charged for every flip after your initial 50 per game. You also only get one ball for free, with the other 2 being given on the energy bar system. Before each plunge, you also have to watch a 60 second video. Even if it's a ball save plunge.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
What, you didn't hear? Zen just got absorbed by Activision. You will now be charged for every flip after your initial 50 per game. You also only get one ball for free, with the other 2 being given on the energy bar system. Before each plunge, you also have to watch a 60 second video. Even if it's a ball save plunge.

No lootboxes, no buy.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
The remastered changes are in the beta now as an FYI.

I booted up a game of Fish Tales and I was like "who the hell is that guy on the table?". Then he cast his line in to the shield and it sank in to water I was like "cool!". Tried a few other tables and anything they added seemed pretty tame, like the van in Junk Yard being a bit more lively when you shoot that ramp or lock the ball there, the dragon being a lot more animated, explosions going off around the castle when get in the gate, the rock wall flying away as you do the castle wall shot.

I actually like the added effects quite a bit. No idea if I'd play with them long term but short term sure.

But the Fish Tales guy is creepy looking as hell animated.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I would really like the option to lock the camera in remaster mode. I like the new graphics and effects, but I don't like the camera moving everytime I lock a ball in Fish Tales.

Last edited:

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
I'm not sure I understand... can you toggle the effects on and off whether you play "casual" mode or "pro" mode, or are the SFX tied only to playing casual mode?

dmil666

May 19, 2018
You know, I have enough trouble with multiball in MM without having a bloody huge lizard flying around the table blocking my view....

Just played with the new "Zen-mode" on their beta tables, and I must say that I'm blown away. They've kept the basic "spirit"(?) of the tables while adding fun animations and effects. Was not expecting something like this, and I like it.

Good job Zen!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Ok, System 11 Games like Fire!, Rollergames, Bad Cats, Mousin’ Around, Jokerz, Radical, Riverboat Gambler, Bally’s Gameshow, Police Force, Big Guns, and a few more would be cool with a DMD and Special Effects. How about licensed games like Johnny Mnemonic, The Flintstones, The Shadow, Popeye Saves The Earth, Demolition Man, Giligans Island, The Holy grail of Pinball Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure, plus Many More. I cannot wait for all this crazy stuff to happen.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
This sounds awesome. Need to check it out as soon as I can. With the latest beta have we got the wild ball back with the classic physics like we had in the first public beta?

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I asked during the dead flip stream if we'd get the chance to beta future tables before they release mainly out of impatience for all the tables I can play, and whoever from zen was running the chat said it was a good idea because they recieved a ton of good feedback from the community.
Also floated the idea of community votes in future table packs, could be a good way to shape this project going forward.

Initially not for me the zenified versions of the table look great they aren't over the top and I love the water effect on the sling shots. IMO they did it just right. I'll actually use these (as a hardcore these nerd to be pure recreations cab user this is a big concession)

I'll echo that I want the camera locked on this mode. It's jarring jumping around in cabinet mode.

Speaking of cabinet mode thanks for bringing it up shutyertrap I'm glad they have plans on the road map. Unlike tpa I actually feel like they are going to improve on it instead of kicking it down the road then charging for it through arcooda

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my dream come true , I love my Zen fantasy tables and I love my real tables , both in one place with a few extras thrown in for good measure !!! and the price is the usual table pack price , this a total no brainer !!!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i`m so impressed with what Zen has done , unreal . after Farsight lost the Williams lic i was a little bit down , i could not imagine in my wildest dreams what we are getting . Chris and Jared and Greg from Spacies Arcade keep those youtubes coming boys . i can see many years and tables ahead for us and if Farsight can do a good job with Sterns and EMs , everything will be sweet as !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.