Page 206 of 215 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 5366

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: The Random Thought Thread

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But then you'd miss my whimsical ways.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Easter everyone and stay safe , us , the Eastern Orthodox faith celebrate Easter the following week . we follow the Julian calendar , stay home and be safe .

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can`t do this anymore , for this year .

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    understanding our faith at Easter

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New episode of the alternative version of Taskmaster where everyone can keep socially distanced! (the actual series 10 is coming eventually)

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHA!!! thanks wilbers , that was great , i`m still rolling on the ground pissing myself laughing !!!

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something to warm the heart our Pub Choir is now the Couch Choir , make everyone feel better ,

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need good news stories

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post

On a different note, The wife and I have decided to watch or re-watch all the James Bond 007 films starting at the beginning (just finished #8 Live and Let Die 1973). The early 60's and 70's sure were a wacky period in time, and in many ways the Connery flicks are even funnier than the Austin Powers satires.
    Okay, I'm now doing this too. EPIX is free on Dish Network right now, and they have every Bond film up to Die Another Day. Just finished #3 Goldfinger, which felt like the first movie to have all the Bond tropes; main title sequence, one liners, the Aston Martin, a visit to Q and lots of gadgets, over complicated evil lair. The opening sequence of this is obviously the inspiration for True Lies' opening bit of infiltration. I'm howling with laughter over the very wonky fighting, the huge amounts of rear screen projection, the technical flubs I've seen like obvious edits mid take, a crew member trying to hunch down below frame but bobbing up and down into it, or the day for night sequences where they didn't frame out the sky or there's a hard shadow on the ground despite it being 'night'. Kinda blown away that these are a 1:66 aspect ratio, wondering (don't tell me!) when they switched over to 2.35 anamorphic. Other than Dr No and Never Say Never Again, I've not seen any of Connery's 007. I'm also keeping in mind what year these were each made in and viewing them as a time capsule. For instance, in Dr No he takes a ride in a cherry '57 Bel Air and of course the classic car geek in me is thinking dollar amounts. Then I realized the movie was made in '61 and these would have been all over the place! Or how the henchmen of Goldfinger are all Korean, which makes sense for a movie that came out in '64.

Anyway, I'm having a good laugh at these but being entertained all the same. Dreading when I have to watch the Dalton films.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing this too, and just finished Goldfinger too. It feels like the first Bond film where they realized what they had. Also a significant change in direction, particularly the humor.

"You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I gotta say, Connery clearly influenced Ah-noldís delivery of the one liner. Which is to say, damn good job.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Connery was the best , Roger Moore i loved as well because i loved him in The Saint .our Aussie was crap . i like Daniel Graig . new add haha !!! enjoy your Easter and stay safe .

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perfect song for our times

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this clip was done in 10 regional areas of Queensland ,Charleville , Longreach ,Winton , Mt Isa , Port Douglas , Cairns , Mission Beach , Townsville , Mackay and Rockhampton

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Anyway, I'm having a good laugh at these but being entertained all the same. Dreading when I have to watch the Dalton films.
    We just finished with the Roger Moore era and Christopher Walken's performance in A View to a Kill was a nice exclamation point for it. At least there are only two Dalton films, but being mid-way through The Living Daylights, Dalton plays Bond almost too straight and without any humor making this more like a regular action flick. I'm not sure that is either a good or bad thing, just different.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Last night watched Thunderball (best so far but with a terrible ending both in abruptness and bad special effects) and You Only Live Twice (horribly made, horrible story, only redeeming quality being it featuring a volcano lair).

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dalton: Living Daylights was good, license to kill was horrible. Bond is not about "revenge". I loved Connery's Bond, still my fav. YEah, Goldfinger invented the one liner action genre.

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best opening scene: The Spy Who Loved Me. hotdog skiing then a parachute jump with English flag chute, going into that Carly Simon song with naked girls doing gymnastics on pistol barrels, cool.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZREXMike2 View Post
    best opening scene: The Spy Who Loved Me. hotdog skiing then a parachute jump with English flag chute, going into that Carly Simon song with naked girls doing gymnastics on pistol barrels, cool.
    Just finished that flick, and yes so far itís the best opening. So far the movie as a whole is probably the best Iíve watched, certainly the most ĎBondí movie in terms of what I think that type of film is. I mean itís got sharks, underwater lair, great evil henchman, cool car, immense soundstage sets, exotic location, the works. Itís still silly though.

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished that flick, and yes so far it’s the best opening. So far the movie as a whole is probably the best I’ve watched, certainly the most ‘Bond’ movie in terms of what I think that type of film is. I mean it’s got sharks, underwater lair, great evil henchman, cool car, immense soundstage sets, exotic location, the works. It’s still silly though.
    yep, loved that underwater Lotus, very cool. i wonder how far that thing he rode near the end preceded the Kawasaki Jetski.

oh yeah, Jaws was cool too.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were able to get through the first couple of Pierce Bronson movies yesterday and the prescience of Tomorrow Never Dies is almost unsettling. I'm sure at the time the presented media overreach was meant as satire, but through a today's world viewpoint, it hits a little too close to home and reminds me of Wag the Dog which came out the same year. Anyway, Pierce is a damn good Bond in my opinion and the production values really went up. Overall quite enjoyable flicks.

My Devices
    iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Connery I think is the best Bond. But I do have a great fondness for the Moore era and its humor. Probably because they were the 007 films of my youth. I can watch the Man With The Golden Gun, View to a Kill, and For Your Eyes Only over and over again.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    People often say Connery is the best Bond, but why? What is it about his Bond that is so much better? Because at the moment, I can say it's not the quality of the movies!

Here's my observations on Connery Bond v Moore Bond...

First off, Moore Bond only smokes cigars now. He also has no compunction about slapping a woman across the face to get her to talk. I think Connery Bond only did this once. Where Connery's Bond was very much portrayed as a playboy bachelor bedding anything that smiled at him, Moore's is more of a sexual predator/addict. Seriously, his go to solution for everything is try and have sex. Need info? Sex. New location? Sex. Got time to kill? Sex. But then he's gross with it, like he wants to mentor his conquests or something thereafter. Where Connery delivered one liners, Moore's Bond has smart ass quips. He's also completely not phased by even the most dire predicaments, instead he's slightly amused. Lastly, Moore's Bond is stuck up and pretentious. He'd totally mock you for serving him a drink in the wrong glass. Even M doesn't seem to like him anymore, generally being cross with him rather than respecting his top agent. That being said, he's the Bond I knew first and when Bond is mentioned, it's Roger's face I used to think of first. Key words being used to.

When I see Brosnan in anything, I think Bond. It's a role that fit like a second skin. Craig's portrayal is the most realistic for how a secret agent would actually move, act, and behave. This is probably due to better scripts and better stunt choreography, but it's also in his eyes, how he scans a room. Unlike Connery and Moore, his first thought isn't one of looking for a chick to bang, he's actually looking for dangers.

Here's a question...who is the better spy? Bond (in general), Ethan Hunt, Jason Bourne, Harry Tasker (True Lies), Xander Cage (XXX), Jack Ryan and/or John Clark, Austin Powers, or someone else?

I know for me, Jason Bourne is single handedly the most resourceful and most lethal of the bunch. Ethan Hunt is the smartest, someone who I totally believe can read a situation and choose the best course of action on the spot. Ryan is just a tenacious researcher and only competent in the field, while Clark is the best tactician and a weapons savante. All the other spies just uses brute force and an innate ability to 'fake it till you make it'.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People often say Connery is the best Bond, but why? What is it about his Bond that is so much better? Because at the moment, I can say it's not the quality of the movies!
    The "best Bond" argument is much akin to discussing the best album by your favorite band. In many cases it is determined by subjective nostalgia and nothing more. In my case, I first saw Bond in For Your Eyes Only, so like you, have Roger Moore in my mind when I imagine James Bond. However, having gone through 18 (+Never Say Never Again) Bond films in the last week I can certainly say that all of these films were a product of their times and critiquing them only through a current lens and in relation to modern contemporaries misses the point. These movies were about escapism, nationalism, and machismo, and their social era approved values are clearly worn on their sleeve. And while I think it is comical to seriously discuss who is the "best spy" in film, each of the properties you mention do have their specific redeeming qualities when judging an action/thriller movie, but would argue they are all just a few steps removed (i.e the thinking mans version) from being a typical Steven Seagal summer blockbuster.

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i try not to overthink it, they are action flicks. Law Abiding Citizen and those "White House Down" action movies are the sort i like as well. Apocalypto was cool, more of that type i would like to see.

Page 206 of 215 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast