The Random Thought Thread

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'd need to get myself a new router to make use of Tomato unfortunately; they have a pretty limited range of supported hardware.
Thx tho.

I'm still rocking the good ol' Linksys WRT54G. Hasn't skipped a beat in over 7 years.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My Dad introduced me to my first game of video game golf in the form of Mean 18 in 1986. My dad was always into playing games. He used to always have some kind of game that he would play at LHS (the high school where he was the guidance director) on Friday afternoons when school wasn't in session. Then he got his own computer at work and they'd play Mean 18. I spent hours with the course editor to add courses that my dad played locally and ones that I just thought up. After my dad retired be bought a computer just so that he could play Mean 18 at home. It was kind of bitter sweet this weekend when I discovered the golf mini game in GTA V. Not only is it a good golf simulator but it has a feature that I haven't seen before in a golf game. Instead of being transported from one shot to the next you can drive a cart or walk from shot to shot. It's a small thing but really adds to the realism. For just a brief moment I thought of telling my dad about it. For just a moment. Funny how the mind works. My dad died last Christmas Eve.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Someone needs to post something funny here or I will have managed to derail the thread. Ok, I'll do it...

venting.png

Zach

FarSight Employee
Feb 22, 2013
There needs to be more games where you can set the AI behavior of your character while offline. The options could be on a separate html5 app so that you can kinda-play while at work or whatever without really getting involved. This html5 app could also have social features...like the game's mail and IM system as well as guild/clan calendars etc. Who says you have to actually play the game to play it :p

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
There needs to be more games where you can set the AI behavior of your character while offline. The options could be on a separate html5 app so that you can kinda-play while at work or whatever without really getting involved. This html5 app could also have social features...like the game's mail and IM system as well as guild/clan calendars etc. Who says you have to actually play the game to play it :p

+1. So much yes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The FP is such a ridiculous movie in concept, I mean it just seems like utter genius. Unfortunately the actual movie can't sustain that throughout. I did love the seriousness of the actors though, all while they're wearing bonkers outfits and playing DDR to the death. The training montage was pretty great too. It's just all the other crap that missed the mark.

N

netizen

As far as art house, low budget movies go it was well done. The idea tho. WTF? DDR the dystopian future

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
THE GOVERNMENT IS DOWN, THE GOVERNMENT IS DOWN!

Anarchy in the streets!

I'm ashamed to live in this country.

Karl, can I come live with your machines? ;)

karl

May 10, 2012
One week from today we will have one of the most right-wing governments in Europe. Not a very pleasant thought

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.