The Random Thought Thread

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Greetings from hospital. Hope to get out on Thursday. Seems like quite a life changer, but I'll keep my head up.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hey Bonz,

Good to hear from you. You have the right attitude, bro.

I'm here to talk if you want. We can work out particulars.

Timelord ...

Zach

FarSight Employee
Feb 22, 2013
Purchasing "The Stanley Parable" is worth it because in the game you get to step into emotion booths. One of these booths gives you feelings such as:

-Wow, this game is really memorable!
-Best $15 I've ever spent!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
More Dirty Donny

I wish they looked like this when I was growin' up. Maybe the EMs would've had a better impression on me. All I ever really recall were a lot of poker/baseball/billiard themes. And bells.

N

netizen

there were, in fact, government agents poking around Portland area video arcades at that very same time. Just ten days after Mauro and Lopez crashed, state, local, and federal agents raided video arcades throughout the region. It turned out that some arcade operators illegally used their video games for gambling, by modifying them with counters that allowed owners to pay out cash to players based on how many points they made in their game, and thus increasing business. In preparation for this raid, FBI agents had been going around to arcades and taking photographs of player initials on high-score screens, hoping to identify potential witnesses. And officers had gone into every business in the city that had video games, and poked and prodded around the back of the machine, looking for these illegal counters.

Arcades had also become a popular place for the sale of stolen goods and drugs, and as a hangout for truants. In fact authorities even set up at least one fake arcade in Portland and filled the game consoles with hidden cameras, similar to today's automated teller machines, hoping to catch criminals in the act.

How much more raw material was needed for teenagers to see a pattern? Games were physically harming players, giving them headaches and nausea; and government agents actually were lurking in every arcade shadow. The Polybius urban legend was hardly fiction; it was nearly a docudrama.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4362

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't be part of a club that would have me as a member.

I'm done with video games. I got other (real) problems that need to be dealt with.

To the mods and admins, please delete my account. I won't be comin' back.

I'm not angry, I just got other things to deal with in the limited time that I have.

You guys have fun. I'll see you on/from the other side.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.