How many seasons do you think TPA has?

Kovatsh

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
4 or 5?

I feel like it'll be harder to sell once we get past all the classics people want. Personally, I'll buy every table that comes out.

I feel that we'll never see a bunch of them in TPA anyways. I can't imagine a Kickstarter for Goldeneye and Maverick going well.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I don't think kickstarter has anything to do with it. There are enough great tables that don't require a kickstarter to help this game go for many more years. That being said, I think Bobby King said in an interview that they hope to do 100 tables. So that would be 5 seasons.

Originally, it was advertised to last for "at least 2 years," but I think that as long as people keep buying the table packs, Farsight will keep making them. So I am going to keep supporting them, even if the tables aren't the greatest.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
If the continue to do two tables at a time, then I'm happy with a conclusion in late 2014 @ roughly 70 tables.

If they start doing 1 table per update, I really hope they continue through 2015.

It's kinda clear to me that we are in the middle... and that means, lower quality tables. We all knew a lot of the Gotliebs were on the weaker side, and they are getting those out the way now. Pinball Arcade will start strong and finish strong, IMO.

Last edited:

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Given: 36 current TPA tables, and two new tables per month. (Yeah yeah, they're probably going to top out at 10 per year, but this is a what-if, okay?)
Given: 464 machines at ipdb with a rating of 7.0 or higher*. All currently-existing TPA tables except Goin' Nuts are part of this list.
Huge unrealistic assumption: FarSight will make the tables in the second "given".
Conclusion: TPA's last table will be released in August 2030.

I'll buy 'em all.

* Note that this list does not include machines which have not been manufactured yet, nor does it include machines with too few ipdb votes (e.g., Wizard of Oz), but it does include machines with multiple versions as separate machines (e.g., AC/DC Premuim and Pro).

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I always felt it was weird that they consider a "season" to be 10 months. I think they said they would like to do it for 3-4 years which would make for 4-5 seasons. I think that would be a great run. I imagine that the principal of diminishing returns will happen unless they have a fanbase that supports every last release so while I think there are enough great or at least enjoyable games to fill about 10-12 seasons, that anything past a fifth "season" will be a pleasant surprise.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's kinda clear to me that we are in the middle... and that means, lower quality tables. We all knew a lot of the Gotliebs were on the weaker side, and they are getting those out the way now. Pinball Arcade will start strong and finish strong, IMO.

None of the ones we've seen are from the weakest era of Gottlieb, though, which would be the years when it was really Premier.

(I know, some of those tables are OK, but, generally, the spark was gone.)

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
As they now have plans to create their own tables (at least that was hinted at a few weeks ago), there is no reason why TPA couldn't go on for ever.

karl

May 10, 2012
I think Farisght will call it quits after 50 tables with TPA.

Now hold on just a minute......

After that we will have TPA2: All the 50 old ones + another 50 new tables. Including new and extraordinary physics engine with ball spin and all the flipper passes you can ever dream of, along with perfect bounciness, not even a hint of a bug in sight and of course true 3d view with perfect colors you can touch and feel and smell and a whole lot more far beyond what your mind can comprehend.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
As they now have plans to create their own tables (at least that was hinted at a few weeks ago), there is no reason why TPA couldn't go on for ever.

Well I think the universe is scheduled to explode at some point, but aside from that.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
...Including new and extraordinary physics engine with ball spin and all the flipper passes you can ever dream of, along with perfect bounciness, not even a hint of a bug in sight and of course true 3d view with perfect colors you can touch and feel and smell and a whole lot more far beyond what your mind can comprehend.

I'll drink to that! Uh, when it's drinkin' time, that is (not yet 8AM here :^)

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I've heard the "100 tables" aspiration from FarSight. I'm not sure if that's 100 total tables or if that means they'd like to have the top 100 tables in ipdb.org. I've heard it interpreted both ways. Either way, I think that leads to six seasons. Two tables per pack for five seasons would be 100 tables, but some packs are only one Kickstarter table, the four base tables aren't really a part of any pack, and I know there are some tables out of the top 100 on ipdb.org and some EM tables they've done or would like to do. And, of course, there's Goin' Nuts which is just an oddball. Taking all that into account, I'm betting it's six (or MAYBE seven) seasons. That said, as they approach that number, if sales are continuing to climb, they may continue on and make many more seasons. Or, if sales plateau or drop around season three or four and they no longer have the revenue to continue producing new tables, then they'll stop. All in all, six seasons seems right to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.