How many seasons do you think TPA has?

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yep, I'm ready to buy a lifetime season pass now!

Well said my friend! +1

We need a darned like button or applause button in this site!

I too would buy a lifetime seasons pass immediately. That is a great idea, and I truly hope they do such an offer at some point.

I don't think they will run out of steam. There are at least 500 or more great tables that fall into their licensing agreements. They just have to keep renewing their licenses with the manufacturers, and keep pumping out tables. Their tables look great enough now to not need to do a remake on any of them down the line. FarSight just needs to keep updating for bugs and issues on the older tables and keep them working for the future operating systems and devices. What we need is for FarSight to put Visual pinball in it's place. We already have better physics and graphics going on, but now if we could have the variety and sheer numbers of great tables that Visual pinball has going on with Hyperspin.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
None of the ones we've seen are from the weakest era of Gottlieb, though, which would be the years when it was really Premier.

(I know, some of those tables are OK, but, generally, the spark was gone.)

T'eed Off is Premier. And so is Co1812 IIRC. I think 1812 looks decent btw...

I think Gottlieb makes the best EMs. Big Shot and Genie are still the best Gottliebs on the game IMO. Ace High looks good, I'm still on the fence about El Dorado (if they make it) and I believe that's it for Gottlieb.

If Teed Off is considered one of the "better" Premiers well...

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
T'eed Off is Premier. And so is Co1812 IIRC. I think 1812 looks decent btw...

I think Gottlieb makes the best EMs. Big Shot and Genie are still the best Gottliebs on the game IMO. Ace High looks good, I'm still on the fence about El Dorado (if they make it) and I believe that's it for Gottlieb.

If Teed Off is considered one of the "better" Premiers well...

Don't forget about Victory, either (though it seems that some of us wish we could, from the reactions I've seen). Anyway, I can think of at least 5 other Premiers that merit inclusion in TPA: Cactus Jack's (just for being so completely bonkers), Operation: Thunder (noteworthy for being the last Big Four alphanumeric, as well as for its unorthodox mission-based gameplay), Stargate (try to at least ACT surprised), Street Fighter II (a fantastic shooter's pin, even if the backglass is, well...the SFII backglass) and TX-Sector (we should all get a chance to visit the disco pinball dimension at least once in our lifetimes). As for how many seasons we can expect for TPA, I find it nearly impossible that we don't get at least 5 seasons, with 6 or 7 being well within the realm of possibility depending on how many Kickstarters we get and how much FS water down future packs.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Since were on Gottlieb, let's not forget 3 other Awesome games. Rescue 911, Surf N Safari, and Nightmare on elm street also, those games are quit fun Gottlieb tables, after those then we need Sterns S.A.M. Games like one of my two all time favorites Family Guy, the other is Jersey Jacks The Wizard Of Oz. If those games come on here someday I will be the happiest person Alive.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I believe this game is popular and lucrative enough to keep putting out tables until licensing becomes too expensive, that being said I'm sure farsight has MANY more tables in talks right now.

N

netizen

I'd like to see some TPA spin offs to reach the niche markets.
While TPA does some Em machines there is some noise to do more, but not enough desire to have them grouped with the same 80s era or 90s era machines that many other players enjoy.
Same as there are a select group of machines with some, umm, less than family friendly language settings that most players do not want to see get reduced to a sanitized bleep bloop version. I remember bobby mentioning an After Dark release with the likes of Sopranos, or Family Guy to get by the E rating and have it be just a limited run of a few titles.

Maybe once the Main TPA season are done and they have hit the high points from the various top 100 lists etc then there might be some other projects like this, and the construction kit in the future. I can't see FS abandoning pinball altogether.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
I do think that's a good idea, but on the other hand it'd be better if it doesn't end up like how ASK Homework's work, since there's like three or four versions of Zaccaria on the App Store for some reason.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
With new info out there, I would say we can definitely get 4, maybe 5 seasons of reissued tables. After that I believe it will be sporadic releases of newly designed tables mixed in with the occasional recreation, especially of they can strike a deal with Jjp and/or stern.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I'd be shocked if "Freddy" ever got made.

It not only didn't even make the Top Ten list (Which is just absurd, seeing that "Demolition Man" and "Tommy pinball" aren't even close to being as good as "Freddy"), but then you'd need to deal with another Kickstarter.

If T2 barely got enough funds to pass, why would "Freddy" be any different?

To be honest, I was shocked at how close it came to funding T2. It's a great table, with an awesome layout and fun modes. I mean, I know it's not the super easy, super boring "South Park", but come on!

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
I'd be shocked if "Freddy" ever got made.

It not only didn't even make the Top Ten list (Which is just absurd, seeing that "Demolition Man" and "Tommy pinball" aren't even close to being as good as "Freddy"), but then you'd need to deal with another Kickstarter.

If T2 barely got enough funds to pass, why would "Freddy" be any different?

To be honest, I was shocked at how close it came to funding T2. It's a great table, with an awesome layout and fun modes. I mean, I know it's not the super easy, super boring "South Park", but come on!

People who want South Park, I feel haven't played South Park.

Family Guy and Simpsons Pinball Party put it to shame. Even the original Simpsons table is more favoured by me.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
People who want South Park, I feel haven't played South Park.

Family Guy and Simpsons Pinball Party put it to shame. Even the original Simpsons table is more favoured by me.

They're not missing much.

I haven't played "Family Guy", but I agree that both Simpsons tables are better.

Hell, Harley Davidson is even better!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
As long as:

Bram Stokers Dracula
Fish Tales
Indiana Jones (williams)
Addams Family
Big Bang Bar
Simpsons Pinball Party
Family Guy
Tron
Spiderman
LOTR

eventually get made ill be a happy preson!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
As long as:

Bram Stokers Dracula
Fish Tales
Indiana Jones (williams)
Addams Family
Big Bang Bar
Simpsons Pinball Party
Family Guy
Tron
Spiderman
LOTR

eventually get made ill be a happy preson!

Bobby King confirmed anything owned by Disney is not going to happen under the current conditions due to money. So that rules out 3 of those.

Ernie1977

Feb 23, 2015
I agree with you Gorgar. I will continue to buy every table they come out with even if I dont cre for it much. I love pinball and I cant thank farsight enough for pinball arcade and keepig pinball alive. Even if it is on a game console.

QUOTE=Gorgar;104826]I don't think kickstarter has anything to do with it. There are enough great tables that don't require a kickstarter to help this game go for many more years. That being said, I think Bobby King said in an interview that they hope to do 100 tables. So that would be 5 seasons.

Originally, it was advertised to last for "at least 2 years," but I think that as long as people keep buying the table packs, Farsight will keep making them. So I am going to keep supporting them, even if the tables aren't the greatest.[/QUOTE]

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i agree with you gorgar. I will continue to buy every table they come out with even if i dont cre for it much. I love pinball and i cant thank farsight enough for pinball arcade and keepig pinball alive. Even if it is on a game console.

Quote=gorgar;104826]i don't think kickstarter has anything to do with it. There are enough great tables that don't require a kickstarter to help this game go for many more years. That being said, i think bobby king said in an interview that they hope to do 100 tables. So that would be 5 seasons. Drinks all round ,couldn`t agree more ernie1977 :cool:

Originally, it was advertised to last for "at least 2 years," but i think that as long as people keep buying the table packs, farsight will keep making them. So i am going to keep supporting them, even if the tables aren't the greatest.
[/quote]

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I've heard the "100 tables" aspiration from FarSight. I'm not sure if that's 100 total tables or if that means they'd like to have the top 100 tables in ipdb.org. I've heard it interpreted both ways.

If this ends up being a goal for Farsight it would be interesting if this would include what is coming with SPA or total. Can you imagine if Farsight wanted to do 100 tables excluding whatever comes out on SPA?

To quote Kramer "oh mommmmmmmma."

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts