Ÿour LEAST favorite tables?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Would be interesting to see what our least favorite tables are.

For me it's Bride of Pinbot. Way, way too easy and there's no way for me to feel any sense of accomplishment when I get a great score on this table. I feel the same way with Funhouse and Scared Stiff. Not enough challenge so it turns into a test of endurance and I find that boring.

And let's try and keep it civilized...

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Goin' Nuts: No explanation necessary.

Dr. Dude: The theme and call-outs annoy me to no end.

N

netizen

Goin' Nuts: OK I thought about this a bit more. The theme is implemented fairly well, but I have a problem with the way that the pop bumpers are emulated/scripted and because they have that TPA slack action and only pop reliably when hit from the top you get that V1 Dr Dude issue where reliable drain paths form from pops not popping and bumpers acting as posts. I actually like the idea of a timed multi-ball game, Capcom did a Football themed one that I would like to try and there's another I can't remember right now; it's not Safecracker.

Black Knight: I just can't get into this table. I get that it was original for the time, but meh!

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Black Knight (specifically the PS3 version) and its a shame because I love the table IRL.

Harley Davidson (another bland table on PS3)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody none !!!!:eek: I play 4-5 different tables every day so over the week iplay everything.it doesn`t worry me how good or bad I play, I just love playing pinnies !!!:rolleyes:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
In TPA, Goin' Nuts easily takes the win. Once I get past the last standard goal - I'll probably never touch it again except in a tourney.
I'm not a big fan of Dr. Dude either,but after playing it a lot in the current tourney,it gets bumped up to "somewhat annoying" stage...

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Annoying music or sound bites are what turns me off. Black Knight comes to mind. Many people love it, but the repetitive soundtrack is grating.

The Gorgar heartbeat, on the other hand, works for me. Play longer and it gets faster.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Dude by a country mile.

Being a one-shot table is hardly a plus, but not fatal. Bride of Pinbot for example makes up for it with style and cool progression through the various stages. Dude has all the style of a bootleg Bart Simpson t-shirt, and its five seconds of multiball are anticlimactic at best. Oh yeah, and I hate the progressive jackpots that span games which mean I have to play successive games of a table I already hate to get a top-tier score. Just an awful, unredeemable table.

Championship Pub is also on my dungheap for its cheap drains, but it's not so cringe-worthy that I won't ever go back to it.

Oddly enough I kindof like Goin' Nuts, and while I don't exactly play Harley Davidson a lot I don't exactly mind it.

Björn Wessman

Sep 4, 2012
Last time I played Scared Stiff, I stopped after 40 minutes when I was still on ball one having achieved four extra balls. I don't like tables where an average game passed the thirty minute mark.

I rarely play the EM tables. Since I don't have any personal relation to them in real life, the virtual versions doesn't do much for me either.

Out of the rest, CV with all its bugs is unplayable and Dr. Dude is pretty boring.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Apart the too easy tables (e.g. Scared Stiff) and the messed-up tables on PS3 (e.g. BK), I don't like CFTBL.

I like to play randomly/wildly, just by keeping the ball alive. On most TPA tables, some special modes finally start and you can score big points.
But in CFTBL, it isn't. In fact, CFTBL is like a Zen Pinball table. You could play hours without scoring nothing... because you must follow the rules, and achieve some given/mandatory shots. The "flow/feeling" of this table is bad for me.

Too bad, as the CFTBL theme is pretty neat. I could say the same thing for BoP.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts