1.2.2 Now Out! (Feedback & Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I will echo Turbine's success story. Looking forward to portrait mode in the next update or two.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
I'm also having problems with gettin stuck in landscape mode even when i try to turn my pad. But Star Trek is great (I still like TZ bettter, however).

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'm also having problems with gettin stuck in landscape mode even when i try to turn my pad. But Star Trek is great (I still like TZ bettter, however).

If you've started a game, you won't be able to switch between portrait/landscape until you quit the game. At the game's main screen, either rotate the iPad (if lock switch is off) from landscape to portrait a few times or use the switch a few times. I don't have any issue switching between the two view modes now (once you figure out how & when to do it), but it's still a pain in the butt to have to do it every singe time and for every single new table you select.

MAT

Oct 29, 2012
I'm also really irritated by the landscape-only interface, aside from the icons which are really ugly. Why remove iPad's major advantage over other platforms, a high-res portrait screen that fits better for pinball tables. The main reason I switched to iPad from Xbox/PS3 was the much higher resolution and the awfulness of a 16:9 720p display for pinball, no view was good. After iPad's portrait view that shows all details with almost no need of scrolling, there was no turning back for me.

I understand that the forced landscape is only for the game menus (and I REALLY hope portrait remains available for gameplay), but why on earth did you release it without portrait mode? The interface looks like it is unfinished and needs a private beta (or two) before release.

I'll wait for 1.2.3 and the UI fixes you will be making (please!) before buying any more tables. Thanks for fixing Scared Stiff though, I can finally save high scores.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
So you won't buy AFM until the UI is fixed? I guess you really aren't that into pinball then. Enjoy the wait. I will be playing every table the moment I realize they are released. Can't wait for AFM. Bring on the Martians.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Here's a little tip to get the screen from portrait to landscape a bit easier. Rather than rotate the screen clockwise/counterclockwise vertically to get to portrait, simply lay the screen flat horizontally (tip the top of the iPad toward your knees/feet, pivoting at the bottom edge), then lift it back up to normal vertical position. This should trigger the screen into portrait mode without having to rotate the screen like your car's steering wheel. Very simple but it works until this issue is corrected.

MAT

Oct 29, 2012
So you won't buy AFM until the UI is fixed? I guess you really aren't that into pinball then. Enjoy the wait. I will be playing every table the moment I realize they are released. Can't wait for AFM. Bring on the Martians.

No, I guess I'm not that much of a junkie :D Plenty of tables out already, and it's a good excuse to practice on them and not jump on the latest table.

MadScience2006: Thanks for the tip.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Does anyone notice ball stutter and sloppy play on ST:TNG? I didn't have this when I first started playing, so I cleared all active apps, etc the otehr day, but still getting it.
1. Ball stutters often no matter where on the table
2. Sloppy ball handling (IMO) than when I first played in December
3. Balls through the flippers occasionally
4. Multiplier lanes not reacting to screen presses

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
@pinballchris:

I know you said you "cleared all active apps"...you might want to try a non-destructive reset (won't delete anything nor reset any settings).

Press and hold (& continue to hold) both the home and lock buttons on the iPad until you see the Apple logo (ignore any on-screen messages). After you see the Apple logo, you can release the buttons. See if the reset helps with the stuttering. I have an iPad 3 as well and have never seen any stuttering...but then I also periodically perform a reset.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
@pinballchris:

I know you said you "cleared all active apps"...you might want to try a non-destructive reset (won't delete anything nor reset any settings).

Press and hold (& continue to hold) both the home and lock buttons on the iPad until you see the Apple logo (ignore any on-screen messages). After you see the Apple logo, you can release the buttons. See if the reset helps with the stuttering. I have an iPad 3 as well and have never seen any stuttering...but then I also periodically perform a reset.

Will try it, thanks!

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Well, I have an iPad 3, and I've tried all the rotating tips provide above, and my success rate is 0%.

Nothing I do -- whether rotating back and forth, locking, unlocking, tilting, whispering sweet nothings to Baby Jesus -- will change the rotation.

How this kind of thing got through "quality control" is beyond me. It's a basic design issue, not some esoteric bug.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Butterkins, on iPad 3 it rotates for me after I have selected the table and it has loaded, but before I've hit the big yellow start button in the middle to begin the game. This is when I can move between portrait and landscape it won't change after I've hit start and a ball has been loaded.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Butterkins, on iPad 3 it rotates for me after I have selected the table and it has loaded, but before I've hit the big yellow start button in the middle to begin the game.

Thanks for that! I managed to get it working.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online