$10 for GB on PS4? Try Again, Farsight!

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I get that some people view these premium tables as pricey at $10 a table when comparing them to other pinball games. If they don't want to pay it, I understand. But the way I view it is that I enjoy pinball and I don't have access to these tables in real life. Even if I did, being that it costs $1 per play, purchasing one of these tables in SPA and playing it over 10 times means I essentially broke even. Is it the real thing? Nope. Good enough for me. Plus, I've spent $10 on a lot worse for a lot less enjoyment in return than what I get from playing a lot of these tables.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I really don't understand why OP is suprised that GB costs $10 when we've known the price since the app came out last year - same as the other 3 new Sterns.

I do agree that the bundles are worthless if you are a loyal TPA owner. It would be nice if they offer the 4 new tables for $30 or even $35.

As for the "you'd spend $10 to play the pin IRL." Well... I get that argument but tbh the experience of playing the real thing is wildly different than playing it on FS's janky app.

All the Ghostbusters I've played have been 3/$2 on credits and it's rare I don't get at least one Replay or Match out of those 3. So it's like a 50 cent game, or less, and $10 is a lot of time on the real thing.

Anyway, playing a real pinball table vs a digital one is kinda like the difference between driving a real car and racing with one in Forza.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Currently stands at 13.07 in the uk for ios

Edit for a single stern table not ghostbusters

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyway, playing a real pinball table vs a digital one is kinda like the difference between driving a real car and racing with one in Forza.

I just got Forza 7 and the very first DLC car I looked at cost $9.99...seems pretty high for just one car. Sure, the car costs a fortune in real life, but I think I'd get much more value if I spent that $10 on Ghostbusters. :D

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
You know, concerning real pinball having different pro, premium, LE editions of tables seems OK if the separation is materials or lighting or quality or existence of certain toys. But when rules or gameplay is different, for some reason it really bugs me. Cosmetic differences I can process, but layout or gameplay differences makes me question which is the real one? And which one is 'best' among the tables may not be consistent across different titles. Maybe I'm just not processing it right, but it causes me brain lock nevertheless.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Some people are just spoiled by mobile app prices... I remember paying full price for each of the pro pinball games back in the days... 40-50 bucks PER table... 10 is still cheap... and I'd gladly pay that if it finally were available on steam.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
For those of us with kids, I can play for a good length of time with a few bucks and tables I'm familiar with, but bankrolling my 7 year old at a pinball arcade when he's usually drawn to the new Sterns, and the SPA pricing is an absolute steal.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I dropped $2 for 3 plays recently on both Star Wars and Dialed In. Barely got anything going on SW before games were done, had good success on DI. Even still, was probably 30 minutes at best of total play time. When Ghostbusters drops on Steam, I'll easily put in an hour my first session. Now I'm not saying dropping $10 doesn't sting a bit, but as everyone here has pointed out, the cost is justified. And it was set by Stern. This is the new normal for getting to play these, either get used to it or don't play.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
$10 for GB in SPA seems a harder pill to swallow when GB in TPA will likely be the regular table price seeing as it is included in the season pass - but I suppose we will have to see how things are actually priced once the next pack drops.

It also raises an interesting issue .. If TPA tables unlock in SPA, will the TPA version of GB unlock the SPA version of GB as well?

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
$10 for GB in SPA seems a harder pill to swallow when GB in TPA will likely be the regular table price seeing as it is included in the season pass - but I suppose we will have to see how things are actually priced once the next pack drops.

It also raises an interesting issue .. If TPA tables unlock in SPA, will the TPA version of GB unlock the SPA version of GB as well?

I don´t think so. Free tables will only be a "one way ticket".
But, by the way, I downloaded GB on PS4 yesterday. Playing several hours, I must say, that this table is worth any cent of these 10 bugs. It gets a place in my top ten tables-list.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

I have been told GB in TPA will also be $10 on its own. For season pass holders, no extra cost.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
They're putting GB in TPA too? Geez. Well, at least I'll be buying the season 7 pass for TPA anyway (whenever they get around to finishing season 6 on PS4, my laptop is too weak for newer games), but they need to stop with tables being doubled up between TPA and SPA. What's next, Star Trek, Mustang and AC/DC coming to TPA too? Kinda makes SPA redundant, IMO. Save TPA for non-Stern tables at this point.

Are they even going to bother doing TPA season 7 on PS3/Vita? I'll get the pass for that too if they do.

As for individual tables costing $10.....meh, I'm not broke. Besides, I always buy the bundles or passes anyway. But I do wish some consistency in releases on the consoles would come with that price increase.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As for individual tables costing $10.....meh, I'm not broke. Besides, I always buy the bundles or passes anyway. But I do wish some consistency in releases on the consoles would come with that price increase.

$10 is only for GB, not other regular release tables on TPA. They toyed with doing this for tables that wound up being Kickstarters, but feared people would rebel. Don't know what to tell you about console consistency other than they're pretty much only doing 2 release updates a year at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.