12 Days 2016

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
They are all in alphabetical order (except for Addams Family). Weird.

Ever notice that though the title is "The Addams Family" it gets sorted into the A's? There's an invisible unicode character you can put at the front of a string that drops the first word for sorting purposes. Because that character has a higher code point than normal letters anything not built for sorting titles, say just a list of filenames, would put that one last.

Or maybe they just forgot it and stuck it on the end.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ever notice that though the title is "The Addams Family" it gets sorted into the A's? There's an invisible unicode character you can put at the front of a string that drops the first word for sorting purposes. Because that character has a higher code point than normal letters anything not built for sorting titles, say just a list of filenames, would put that one last.

Or maybe they just forgot it and stuck it on the end.

It's not by accident. If "The Addams Family" should be in the "T's", then so should "The Champion Pub", "The Machine:Bride of Pinbot", "The Getaway:HS II", and "The Phantom of the Opera". FS went with what was most intuitive.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Updated first post for Day 4.

Ghostbusters to be included in the second Table Bundle for Stern Pinball Arcade!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So if you already bought bundle 2, you get Ghostbusters for free?

I believe so. According to Farsight:

"You can purchase the bundle in-game now to ensure you have access to one of the latest and greatest pinball tables on the market today."

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I believe so. According to Farsight:

"You can purchase the bundle in-game now to ensure you have access to one of the latest and greatest pinball tables on the market today."

In day 4, they may have inadvertently revealed what day 5 will be-announcing the winners of the GB drawing.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
How bout Farsight Studios announces they will release all the tables missing from past Gottlieb and William's collections into TPA, Sorcerer, Jive Time and Ace High. I'm not sure if there was anymore I'm missing.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Starting from day 5-here's my predictions

Day 5-Ghostbusters giveaway results
Day 6-Big House, Wipeout, and Shaq Attaq to finish season 6.
Day 7-Orbals to be released for iOS and Android
Day 8-Update for WiiU TPA possible in coming year
Day 9-table hint for pack 58
Day 10-ROM emulation for Black Knight possible this year
Day 11-STPA to be released on Steam hopefully by Christmas 2017.
Day 12-TPA wraps up as STPA begins.

Some fake, some rehash. some stuff that is (hopefully not) true.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
How bout Farsight Studios announces they will release all the tables missing from past Gottlieb and William's collections into TPA, Sorcerer, Jive Time and Ace High. I'm not sure if there was anymore I'm missing.

There was Strikes and Spares (mid-90's) from Gottlieb, as well as their Play Boy. It would be worth it just for Sorcerer.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

There was Strikes and Spares (mid-90's) from Gottlieb, as well as their Play Boy. It would be worth it just for Sorcerer.

Sorcerer is a really good classic pin. glad to hear we will be getting this one. Jive Time, Ace High, and Play Boy are not my favorites, but with the newer physics they should play better than what we saw from the old collections releases. Strikes and Spares will be fun for a play now and then. I don't really consider it to be pinball, but still cool to see it added.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Sorcerer is a really good classic pin. glad to hear we will be getting this one. Jive Time, Ace High, and Play Boy are not my favorites, but with the newer physics they should play better than what we saw from the old collections releases. Strikes and Spares will be fun for a play now and then. I don't really consider it to be pinball, but still cool to see it added.

So these tables have been announced as coming?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I thought they meant it was announced. :eek: Not the first time I misunderstood a post. Now I'm sad we won't get Sorcerer. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.