2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Here are some pics from the show today. It was really crowded so I didn't get up close and personal with a lot of the machines.

http://s723.photobucket.com/user/CycOd3liC/library/

Some useless random thoughts..........

1) Kiss - I played it a half dozen times. It's not bad, but didn't knock my socks off either.

2) The Hobbit - I didn't care for it. All glamour and glitz, but I found it boring. It was rather slow and floaty.

3) Dutch Pinball's Bride of Pinbot - WOW! What a killer upgrade to a classic machine. Only minor gripes in a couple of areas. Gorgeous table and color DMD, what's not to like? It's quite a bit different than the original, but in a good way.

4) Hercules - Holy hell what a huge table!

5) Zidware Magic Girl - Where the hell did this come from?

6) Big Juicy Melons - Indeed.

7) Only AC/DC table was for tournaments, sigh.

8) No Earthshaker! What is this world coming to?

9) Love me some BK2K, but it still owns me.

The show was far too busy for my taste. I stayed for about 4 hours and flocked to 8-Bit Arcade in Renton where I could play every single table. including Swords of Fury which I haven't "Physically" played in 25 years!

I finally played the new Wrestlemania @ 8-Bit, didn't care for it.

Did anyone else go?

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
This was the only thing I had planned to do this weekend and I completely forgot to go. Totally forgot it was even taking place.
Was my only chance to see and play the Hobbit before I get it.

It may be a sign. If I don't really care enough to drive 20 minutes to even play it then why did I spend 7k+ to own it?

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
damn I knew I was on the wrong side of the state but I still had a great day, I went to silverwood theme park because I saw online that they had ACDC, BSD, Comet and RCTycoon (theme park games?) And to my surprise ACDC was the only one of these that they had there BUT on the other hand they had TEN more tables!!! it was frickin kick ass! It was by far the nicest public collection I have ever seen! the park was open from 11am until 730pm i only took an hour for lunch and two ten minute smoke breaks and other than that i was hard at it the whole time (50 dollar admission to the park yikes!) All were fully LED'd and waxed with nice poppy flippers! I couldn't keep it together when I walked in and saw this I was so frickin happy! I got grand champ on CV, WW, and TOM, and made the top list on all but ACDC and Wiz of OZ. I thank PBA for being able to dominate at tables I've never played before, its amazing how much easier it is to put up a high score on tables I have got to practice on PBA!

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Nice! I didn't know silverwood had any tables. I'll have to look for them next time we go.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
Hey Metalzoic can I come over and play Hobbit? I'll never get a chance in Spokane and i don't have the room for anymore than the couple shotty craigslist pins i'm restoring and as far as public collections Spokane has S**t for pinball, hence paying $50 admission to silverwood so i could spend a dollar a game on Wiz and .75 per ACDC.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
yea it was awesome, i think all the NW pinheadz were on the coast so it was literally just me playing all day with a random here or there that would walk up and drain all the credits i won and be on there way so it was actually a pretty nice place to play other than the cost of admission.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Hey Metalzoic can I come over and play Hobbit? I'll never get a chance in Spokane and i don't have the room for anymore than the couple shotty craigslist pins i'm restoring and as far as public collections Spokane has S**t for pinball, hence paying $50 admission to silverwood so i could spend a dollar a game on Wiz and .75 per ACDC.

Sure. I'll post on here when it finally arrives. It's a long drive from Spokane though. Ha!

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Spokane has sh!t for a lot of things, but thanks to you I have something to look forward to when I take the whole fam damily to Silverwood. Thanks man!

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Spokane has sh!t for a lot of things, but thanks to you I have something to look forward to when I take the whole fam damily to Silverwood. Thanks man!

Yeah. I'll be heading over to Moses Lake later this summer. Sounds like I'll need to continue on to Spokane to check this place out. Is it actually in Spokane?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks PF68. I didn't think it would be playable, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Feel real bad for anyone that had money in on those pins.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Yeah. I'll be heading over to Moses Lake later this summer. Sounds like I'll need to continue on to Spokane to check this place out. Is it actually in Spokane?
You head to Couer D' Alene ID which is 20 miles East of Spokane, then it's another 16 miles North to Silverwood. It's a pretty solid amusement park for the location and I feel the $50 entry fee is worthwhile if you like rides/water slides. The pinball will be the icing on the cake.

GibGirl

Feb 4, 2015
Hey PinFreak68, was Magic Girl playable? If so, did you play it? Thoughts on it?

I actually got to play it briefly, but it wasn't in a state to really evaluate it. The playfield protector they had on (I think it had the artwork printed on it) had a bubble above the flipper area which threw off making shots, a number of the items on the playfield weren't really working, and the software didn't have much going on from what you could shoot. The ball would also get stuck in some spots, such as in the middle of the long curved ramp at the top. I ended up letting the ball drain on my second of the two balls just because it wasn't really that exiting to play with the state it was in.

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
I was there about four hours on Sunday, was a lot of fun. I've been attending since it's last year in Seattle Center. Skipped the 2012 show though. I just wished Farsight was there, guess it's simply not financially feasible for them.

Kiss was a lot of fun, as was The Hobbit. Played a lot of other pins also. There was even a virtual mini-cab with TPA installed with all tables purchased.

Hope that Farsight attends one of these years.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts