3D Issues Log

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have not found any issues with the 3D tables themselves but only with the menus, DMDs, score boxes, etc. This makes sense since the tables were created in a virtual 3D space originally.

I have only documented problems on a few tables so far. I'd like to confirm with FarSight that they would like this information before I continue. It's a lot of tedious work and I don't want to waste the time if they don't need it. Secondly since most of the problems are similar, it occurred to me that some kind of template was used to create the DMD and score box 3D placements and there might be some problem with the template. Also I noticed that on some tables the DMD or score box would look fine when I launched the ball but then would get goofed up a second later. Perhaps some kind of compiling issue. I'm going to send this initial to FarSight support to see if they want me to document the rest.

Main menu is okay.

Options menu: Many sub menu have missing or misaligned letters in select and back.

My tables menu. right eye view is missing the start button.

The following are numbered issues found on some tables. Below that are the table names with numbers from this list after each name.

#1: Start screen select or back words misplaced.

#2: DMD encroaches on playfield in one or both eyes in one or more views. DMD depth should be moved back so it is not floating so much in front to reduce space in between left and right views of the DMD.

#3: Non-DMD score box is having same issue as #2.

#4: Ball in play number is misplaced in left eye view.

#5: DMD score box missing in the right eye view.

#6: Player indicator is right/left eye reversed from table.

#7: Ball in play is right/left eye reversed from table.

For the following tables please refer to the numbered issues above.

Attack from Mars. 1, 2.

Big Shot. 1, 3, 4.

Black Hole. 1, 5.

Black Knight. 1, 6, 7. Score box is just wrong. Not sure what the issue is.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I have not found any issues with the 3D tables themselves but only with the menus, DMDs, score boxes, etc. This makes sense since the tables were created in a virtual 3D space originally.

I have only documented problems on a few tables so far. I'd like to confirm with FarSight that they would like this information before I continue. It's a lot of tedious work and I don't want to waste the time if they don't need it. Secondly since most of the problems are similar, it occurred to me that some kind of template was used to create the DMD and score box 3D placements and there might be some problem with the template. Also I noticed that on some tables the DMD or score box would look fine when I launched the ball but then would get goofed up a second later. Perhaps some kind of compiling issue. I'm going to send this initial to FarSight support to see if they want me to document the rest.

Main menu is okay.

Options menu: Many sub menu have missing or misaligned letters in select and back.

The following are numbered issues found on some tables. Below that are the table names with numbers from this list after each name.

#2: DMD encroaches on playfield in one or both eyes in one or more views. DMD depth should be moved back so it is not floating so much in front to reduce space in between left and right views of the DMD.

Attack from Mars. 1, 2.

Big Shot. 1, 3, 4.

Black Hole. 1, 5.

Just letting you know these bugs are in our Database.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

Main menu is okay.

Attack from Mars. 1, 2.

Big Shot. 1, 3, 4.

Black Hole. 1, 5.

Thanks for documenting this Brakel.

It would also be nice if they could make it so you don't have to quit and restart when you want to toggle3D on/off.
Sometimes I like to play in 3D, but not always, especially when playing multiplayer.

Does it switch to 720p or 480p when in 3D mode?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks for documenting this Brakel.

It would also be nice if they could make it so you don't have to quit and restart when you want to toggle3D on/off.
Sometimes I like to play in 3D, but not always, especially when playing multiplayer.

Does it switch to 720p or 480p when in 3D mode?

It switches to 720p when in 3D mode.* My TV automatically turns off 3D when I turn off my glasses. Of course its still displaying at 720p so I'd rather restart. It might have to restart just to do the resolution switch but I'm not sure about that.

*Unless your TV can't display 720p or you have 720p grayed out in your PS3s video setup. Then it would go to 480p.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It switches to 720p when in 3D mode.* My TV automatically turns off 3D when I turn off my glasses. Of course its still displaying at 720p so I'd rather restart. It might have to restart just to do the resolution switch but I'm not sure about that.

*Unless your TV can't display 720p or you have 720p grayed out in your PS3s video setup. Then it would go to 480p.

I think most games run an internal reboot of sorts when switching stereoscopic 3D on and off, but it's relatively fast. Super StarDust HD renders its 3D at full 1080p so there is no delay when switching it on/off.

I think 3D just shows off jaggies more, especially when lower than 1080p and when AA is not being utilized.
I'm hopeful that TPA on the PS4 can render at 1080p/60fps/3D. Zen does this and it looks incredible.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts