A DLC free month to fix the bugs?

Do you want a month with no DLC so Farsight can fix bugs?

• Yes, No DLC & bug fixes

Votes: 34 52.3%
  • No, more tables!

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
In the Android 1.0.8 Bug thread Pin Wiz asked when the flashers in MM were finally going to be fixed and Ryan of Farsight wasn't really sure what he meant. Stuff like that kind of scares me, especially since the problem was specifically mentioned as far back as April 10th in the 1.0.5 Android Bug thread that Ryan himself had started....

In Medieval Madness, the four red flashers toward the top of the playfield are not working...

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
What's so bad about including bug fixes with DLC patches? As I have said in your other topic,if they just do a standalone patch containing nothing but bug fixes that means they have to make a huge investment to patch up the consoles, thus screwing over that fanbase. Don't people do some research and/or thinking before posting? Sorry, but I just cannot stand blatant ignorance.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
While bugs are excusable, an update that makes the game look and play worse than before is not.

Since this is what just happened with the Vita version I strongly agree. I also think it is inexcusable to release the MM table on the Vita knowing that it isn't right, basically charging us for something they already knew was broken.

In fact if all the tables aren't fixed when the next DLC pack hits or if the next update causes more issues again, then I won't buy any future content for this game.
Which reminds me that it is probably already to late to pull my kickstarter donation...

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
What's so bad about including bug fixes with DLC patches? As I have said in your other topic,if they just do a standalone patch containing nothing but bug fixes that means they have to make a huge investment to patch up the consoles, thus screwing over that fanbase. Don't people do some research and/or thinking before posting? Sorry, but I just cannot stand blatant ignorance.

I don't think anyone is talking about a separate patch download persay. Some people just want Farsight to step back from releasing additional tables for a month to concentrate on nothing but bug fixes and optimization. Whatever fixes Farsight implements they can still release them along the next DLC.

Also, can you please try to be a little a bit less hostile in your post next time? This isn't the facebook page. Constructive criticism and spirited discussion are quite welcome, calling people ignorant not so much...

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Hell, even if they only did one table a month and bug fixes, I'd be fine. I'm just glad that this isn't all disk release. So we can keep getting new games and bug fixes, unlike the Hall of Fame games. I really hope they iron out the problems with Microsoft so they can get the games on the 360. As much as I love playing it on my iPad 2 I really want to sit down with a controller in my hand and play it on my TV.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
No... unless it also meant significant enhancements in other areas, like graphics + sound, and physics across all platforms.

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
It's funny, because I was just thinking how it seemed like they might be getting overwhelmed trying to keep up with the schedule they set, especially when they're bringing it to so many platforms.

There definitely seems to have been more bugs in recent releases, including some that seem extremely obvious and common here. (the Frankenstein camera bug on Monster Bash in particular)

I don't know that I'd want them to stop releasing DLC, but I'd be happy for them to slow things down to one table a month for a while until they can refine their engine and creation process so that things like this don't happen again.

The downside to doing this, is that I suspect they probably get a lot of people buying the table packs each month, even if they only really want one of the two, because the price difference is minimal. Perhaps moving to a two month schedule for two tables would be a better idea than one a month, at least until they can catch up on things.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
If they did take a month off from DLC then I would like to see them overhaul the front-end (which is going to get cumbersome before long) and maybe add the GI lighting effects (if they are possible) as well as tackle the big bugs. If the update felt like a significant improvement in all areas then it would feel like getting a dozen new tables and we wouldn't miss the lack of DLC. :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
If they did take a month off from DLC then I would like to see them overhaul the front-end (which is going to get cumbersome before long) and maybe add the GI lighting effects (if they are possible) as well as tackle the big bugs. If the update felt like a significant improvement in all areas then it would feel like getting a dozen new tables and we wouldn't miss the lack of DLC. :)

HOW dare you! You mean to say you got to more tables than me? ****balls *pines*

Heh i think im funny

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
How difficult is it to get involved in the beta? Given that most people who seem to receive issues post on here, it'd make sense that at least a handful of people (I'll volunteer... I guess ;) ) on this board would be testers as well.

Especially for the PC version *nudge nudge, wink wink*

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
How difficult is it to get involved in the beta? Given that most people who seem to receive issues post on here, it'd make sense that at least a handful of people (I'll volunteer... I guess ;) ) on this board would be testers as well.

A handfull of people on here are.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Most all the table in my experience is far from unplayable. Unless of course you are shooting for that big score and the the bug that stops you from getting it. I just want the physics to be on par to some of the tables I happened to play the trial version of TAXI and Harley on my Phone and the Physics seem to be getting better and better with every new table coming out after DLC #1 and #2. I think we just need the older tables to be on par with the new tables. Funhouse and Bride are really good IMO.

dontworrybehap

Sep 3, 2012
I think they should slow down and fix up what they already got. I like the tables, I like the physics, the leaderboards work fine. But the two tables I've bought both have issues (bop and taxi). Its not my job to fix the issues or even to report them. I expect a polished product. I won't be buying anymore tables until they polish the tables I've already bought. I'm using a Google nexus 7. Maybe its a difficult thing to make bug free games for android. I dunno?

Volitar Prime

Jun 24, 2012
I play on the Xbox 360 and have already stopped buying any more DLC until what I already purchased (the core game and DLC 1 and 2) are fixed. I avoided buying DLC 3 because the bugs in both tables became known before I had the chance to buy them. I will also wait to buy DLC 4 and 5 for a while to see if they have any bugs and probably have to wait for a patch to fix those too.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I've lost a bit of love for Farsight lately, I'm not going to have a go and call them every name under the sun but it's quite obvious that they're a business and that their management is pushing them to get new tables out asap without giving them chance to rectify all the bugs first :(

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Of course they will continue to publish new tables while working on the fixes for the ones already out. Selling new tables is their revenue stream. No revenue means no money to pay people to fix the problems...or make new tables for that matter.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
As a console owner we already had a DLC free month so I suppose another wouldn't hurt if they can fix things.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.