A kit based pinball machine for you to build

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
A picture speaks a thousand words....
(You must have some CAD models or design drawings?)

PS. Where in Sydney are you based?
(Was confused as your Profile stated 'USA'?)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi,

We're in the process of designing a pinball kit. What's a pinball kit?

Huge snip

Regards,
The Pinball Kits Team

An Aussie company is doing this? Awesome to hear! I'm up in Brisbane. I wish you all the success possible with this venture.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Give me bells.

I've been thinking for a long time that what pinball needs is a return to older simpler designs.

Not as a replacement for new complex tables but as an option, entry level per se. People like me who want pins in the home but the options that exist are:

A - Old beat up tables that we don't know how to fix
B - Old EMs in good condition that still cost 1000+
C - Non functioning DMD tables we have no clue how to fix.
D - Functioning DMD tables that are in rough shape but still expensive
E - Pristine DMD tables we need to take a mortgage out to purchase
F - New Stern Tables that require said mortgage
G - Older practically unknown tables that are probably not very good investments to begin with.

I'd be curious as to what kind of quality is there and would take a look at this as an option.

To me, pinball is pinball and whether it's a previously existing table or an original, as long as the table has a decent (even if it's simple) ruleset, some challenge and playablilty then it's pinball.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Superballs, have you seen the remake of King of Diamonds?

http://www.mpamusement.com/Details.asp?List=21&Product=11

Still almost 4 grand, but looks pretty sweet.

I have seen that and it looks amazing. I just wonder how much the em machines cost when they were new (adjusted for inflation of course).

I've mentioned it a few tines but one of the guys over at vpforums did an original table with a Beatles theme. It would be a licencing nightmare but is a wonderful table. Great fun and shows what an em style layout can do with some modern aspects like mp3 playback and rom control for efficiency.

Me, I'm half a mind to try my hand at restoring an old pin. At first this kind of task is pretty intimidating to me but I learn best by doing

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I would rather have a official stern like pinball cabinet with everything. Only the playfield should be empty, but with connection options on the back side. Maybe flippers and plunger can be installed.

So that we can design our own playfield and build our own rom/rules and grafix.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.