A new app on the way from Stern and Farsight

wolfson

May 24, 2013
not long,this is so far a great year and only going to get better for me.Stern,Zaccaria and all the new tables coming from Farsight WOOHOO !!! and to top that off Assetta Corsa,Project Cars 2,Horizon 3 and Gran Turismo Sports are coming to consoles this year,ahh what a great year , can it get any better ? don`t think so !!!:cool::confused::rolleyes:;)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
not long,this is so far a great year and only going to get better for me.Stern,Zaccaria and all the new tables coming from Farsight WOOHOO !!! and to top that off Assetta Corsa,Project Cars 2,Horizon 3 and Gran Turismo Sports are coming to consoles this year,ahh what a great year , can it get any better ? don`t think so !!!:cool::confused::rolleyes:;)

Wolfson, you seem to have great taste, so I will look into those. A little off topic (sorry, a lot off topic), but what shows are you into this year?

karl

May 10, 2012
At least we have a date. That's more than we normally get. The assumption being Stern told Farsight a date and Stern also told Farsight that they could tell us the date.

More like a date for when we will get more news. For all we know, they might announce that the app will be ready next year, sometime, perhaps.

Ok, that was a bit pessimistic. Any news about this app is good news. Just feeling a bit unpatiance :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
More like a date for when we will get more news. For all we know, they might announce that the app will be ready next year, sometime, perhaps.

Ok, that was a bit pessimistic. Any news about this app is good news. Just feeling a bit unpatiance :)

Be optimistic. Like I'm being optimistic that when I go to see Batman vs Superman in a couple of weeks, they'll have swapped out Avengers for a brand-spanking-shiny-new Hobbit ;) (Which I'll be happy to see busy, because I can just play Metallica instead.)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Sounds too close to ReplayFX. Here's hoping they'll still make it (even though they did say they'll be there this year).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
c29496a325db915a80974411cc48cd90.jpg

Mike Smith's animal pic is super dodgy. 🙄

I think [MENTION=465]karl[/MENTION] is correct: I wouldn't think we'll see the game released at this milestone.

Since my timeline prediction on record in the podcast was June 2016, I think even that date will blow out to early next year.

That's just my updated prediction/guess. I know nothing more than what was announced in that FB post.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Wolfson, you seem to have great taste, so I will look into those. A little off topic (sorry, a lot off topic), but what shows are you into this year?
Extork don`t watch shows,only great movies like Mad Max.i love sport,all sport,i have Foxtel sport plus BeIN ,no movie channels just sport.a lot of womens soccer,basketball and netball,they don`t bull**** and carry on like pork chops like the men !!!:cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Here are the good news:

The Pinball Digitization Process 2.0

We are now developing the technology to compile actual game code from Stern into our pinball engine!

With our new process we can take advantage of 3D CAD files for the geometry of the playfield, ramps, bumper, toys, etc (all the way down to the screws!) as well as print-quality graphics to create the textures!

With the release of the Stern Pinball Arcade we will be implementing FarSight Pinball Physics 4.0 which will be even more realistic.

Without the overhead of ROM emulation, we can implement better lighting effects onto more devices and add more complex shaders, reflections, and shadows onto the current generation of platforms. It will be stunning!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/stern-pinball-arcade-ac-dc

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Does Stern even own the license for their older machines anymore? Man, this really got me worried on how they're gonna handle them. How often will we need Kickstarters?

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Does Stern even own the license for their older machines anymore?
I'm not sure it's relevant, as the license to make a real pinball machine wouldn't imply the license to make a computer game version of it. At least, logically it wouldn't... I would think that legally it wouldn't either.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, the only license that matters is whether Stern had digital put into it, which didn't happen until possibly Metallica, but Star Trek for sure.

That does mean that any table older than that, FarSight will need to negotiate the license with the original IP holders, and that is bad news. Or is it? By raising the price of the tables to $10, they conceivably could cover larger cost licenses now. I'm hoping that is the reason for the uptick.

Members online

Members online