A Plea To Farsight: Quality Control Needs To Improve, Respect Your Customers

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Thankfully, I remain ignorant of the improvements in subsequent seasons, so seasons 1 & 2 are still awesome to me.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I am hoping Farsight continues to upgrade the older tables each season and pick out 1-2 tables that need the most improvements, I know they have mentioned FS wasn't happy how the toys on Monster Bash look atm and tables like Theatre of Magic could use some polishing as well. You would also have to wonder if they did make a TPA2, how would that affect licensing for Kickstarter tables, we seen what happened to South Park and other tables for Zen when they upgraded.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You would also have to wonder if they did make a TPA2, how would that affect licensing for Kickstarter tables, we seen what happened to South Park and other tables for Zen when they upgraded.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that to my comment. Unless the licensing agreement FarSight has with WMS, Gottlieb, and Stern says for any and all digital versions of the tables, they'd need to seek a new agreement for TPA 2. On top of that, they'd need new agreements for all tables with IP licenses too. Anyone want to have another kickstarter for Twilight Zone or Addams Family?

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Simply put, Farsight needs to pick a platform or two and stick with it. They don't have enough thumbs (or pies) to consistently release a strong product. Their mission is great and they should concentrate on that in the most reasonable manner, which likely means iOS and Android, not consoles.

Just one last update for PS3, turn off the leaderboard call-in and store high scores for the local player locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Simply put, Farsight needs to pick a platform or two and stick with it. They don't have enough thumbs (or pies) to consistently release a strong product. Their mission is great and they should concentrate on that in the most reasonable manner, which likely means iOS and Android, not consoles.

Just one last update for PS3, turn off the leaderboard call-in and store high scores for the local player locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that they should pull the plug on PS3 in the manner you are speaking, same as for 360 and Wii U. I think they should release full seasons only for PS4 and Xbox One after all the kinks have been worked out on Steam. I personally don't enjoy playing on a mobile device because flipping with your thumbs is plain wrong! Also, it's so small and the lighting isn't near as good as on Steam. Developing for 2 different mobile platforms, with Android having numerous running specs out there, is probably more problematic than the 2 consoles with consistent specs. There's probably a very good reason why Zen has yet to put FX3 out on mobile, while having it good to go on the consoles and PC.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This is a business, let’s not fool ourselves. If they cut any platforms, it will be those that produce the lease amount of revenue. Don’t need a crystal ball for that one.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
We all knew what we purchased begged and borrowed, if it wasn’t for tpa and it’s likes I’d be pinball less sure I’d like all these improvements but what it is. We can always hope and I always do.just gimme my paragon! Uhhhh wait I mean I’ve yet to get around to destroy7ng you all my current addiction is rob-o-bot then I’m gonna retake glory then paragon then World Cup soccer feed mi I’m a hairy blood sucks!

Edit - who knew autocorrect could make me more confusing fook mi

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
We all knew what we purchased begged and borrowed, if it wasn’t for tpa and it’s likes I’d be pinball less sure I’d like all these improvements but what it is. We can always hope and I always do.just gimme my paragon! Uhhhh wait I mean I’ve yet to get around to destroy7ng you all my current addiction is rob-o-bot then I’m gonna retake glory then paragon then World Cup soccer feed mi I’m a hairy blood sucks!

Edit - who knew autocorrect could make me more confusing fook mi

You had best stay away from Paragon. You are too sensitive a soul. It will destroy you.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
**** happens, I just start another game !!!take a happy pill or two and wash it down with a schooner,things always look better !!! you should all be happy Donny twodick will be in my region for the next 10 days haha, oops north of Australia , close . put a smile on your dials and have a great day !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
big week coming up ,my new XBOX1X ,NFS Payback and the best of all first Tuesday in November the race that stops our nation THE MELBOURNE CUP :cool: all the overseas bludgers will be down under trying to win the bloody mug . great day will be had by all !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the women are always dressed beautifully , the boys wear some funny outfits .everyone starts rolling in to Flemington about 9-00 am , so by 6-00 pm you could say quite a few of the crowd becomes a funny sideshow .most of it is bloody funny !!! the crowd is about 110,000 !!!:cool:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
You want to beg and plea to these guys to fix the product? Stop buying the tables. Stop buying anything with the farsight name on it. Maybe that’ll send them a message. Give em the kick in the gonads that they deserve so much!

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Ambient and GI lighting seems to be less of a focus on newer tables. New physics engine is the main thing that would motivate me to buy TPA tables, but I’d like to see a return to more realistic sidewall lighting, etc.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
You want to beg and plea to these guys to fix the product? Stop buying the tables. Stop buying anything with the farsight name on it. Maybe that’ll send them a message. Give em the kick in the gonads that they deserve so much!

Ultimately not buying the tables en mass is just going to mean the end of Pinball Arcade.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I agree that they should pull the plug on PS3 in the manner you are speaking, same as for 360 and Wii U. I think they should release full seasons only for PS4 and Xbox One after all the kinks have been worked out on Steam. I personally don't enjoy playing on a mobile device because flipping with your thumbs is plain wrong! Also, it's so small and the lighting isn't near as good as on Steam. Developing for 2 different mobile platforms, with Android having numerous running specs out there, is probably more problematic than the 2 consoles with consistent specs. There's probably a very good reason why Zen has yet to put FX3 out on mobile, while having it good to go on the consoles and PC.

I would buy on Steam if the program was better optimized. Even my midrange gaming laptop from a couple years ago struggles to maintain a constant 60fps.

I bought a tate monitor and I modded a USB arcade stick with side buttons all for TPA and PBFX2 and honestly I just can't be arsed to deal with it.

I love having all my TPA & Zen tables on my iPad Air 2. They run well, screen is big and clear and it has a vertical orientation. I really can't stand playing on my consoles because the horizontal orientation sucks. The camera angles aren't great and the tables are kinda small with all that wasted space on the sides.

As for thumb flipping, you get used to it. I can't do it in a phone but it's comfortable on my iPad. Without a doubt it is the most responsive method of input. Your thumb triggers the flipper before it even makes full contact with the screen. I modded an iCade Core with side buttons to use with TPA on the iPad but the input lag is too noticeable.

Above all, it's super convenient. I can take all my tables everywhere I go. TPA, Zen, Zaccaria, Pro Pinball all on one slim, portable device.

Of course, it has completely bitten me in the butt with Zen 3. I only own a handful of tables on PS4. Own every table on iOS. They announced Switch but still waiting on mobile :(

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
3. I’d rather have a product that exists in a “finished” state even if it means having less content. In other words, i’d rather have 20 complete tables that all have essentially the same degree of “finish” as well as a feature set (leaderboards for instance) that works than a hundred tables of varying quality with varying issues and varying physics and a bunch of other issues.

Indeed, one could say a polished product is why we're here. If we wanted that latter, we'd be hacking away over on on Visual Pinball and VPinMame.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
And now FarSight is taking on SPA for the Switch? Owners have something to look forward to in four years. That's how long it took (some of) TPA to make it to the WiiU.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.