Addams kick starter

bengalcane

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, long-time reader, first-time poster. So happy that the TAF kick starter has begun, this is the first one I've been able to support. I see that in about 6 hours it's up to $11,000. I need a reference point here, though. Of course the beginning will be flooded with people like us who have waiting for this. My question to those who might know is- how does this compare with the previous kick starters? How are we doing so far?

PS- not that it matters, but since everyone else does it too, my TPA bucket list after TAF is World Cup 94 and Dr. Who.

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
Did he say that Christopher Lloyd and Jimmy Workman (Pugsley) had to be redone on the backglass because they couldn't get their permission??? WTF???

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Hi, long-time reader, first-time poster. So happy that the TAF kick starter has begun, this is the first one I've been able to support. I see that in about 6 hours it's up to $11,000. I need a reference point here, though. Of course the beginning will be flooded with people like us who have waiting for this. My question to those who might know is- how does this compare with the previous kick starters? How are we doing so far?

PS- not that it matters, but since everyone else does it too, my TPA bucket list after TAF is World Cup 94 and Dr. Who.

Welcome to the boards and thank you for supporting the TAF kickstarter. Within my next two paychecks, I intend to support it as well. The gold club looks mighty tempting.
Like you, I'd like to track how it's going. It seems to be going faster than the T2 KS did. I don't remember how ST:TNG and TZ stacked up pace-wise compared to this one.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I need a reference point here, though. Of course the beginning will be flooded with people like us who have waiting for this. My question to those who might know is- how does this compare with the previous kick starters? How are we doing so far?

I found these widgets that maybe you will like. The images are big, but that's ok, because they're also big fun.

It looks like the TAF one might take a few days to become active. I'll put the last-10-days ones in another post.

Here is what kiqtraq calls "Trend". Please use with caution and safety because TRENDS ARE NOT PROJECTIONS. Its use appears to be to guess at the final investment donation before the projection can figure it out. This guess appears to have been good early for T2, but very bad for TZ and STTNG (because their graphs have a more monotone slope?).

Last edited:

lio

Jul 24, 2013
To be honest I think the gold tier is the only one that is really tempting (if indeed the gold version stays exclusive for quite some time) - apart from just wanting to support the goal of making it possible.

I know I will be purchasing the Season 4 Pro pass as soon as it becomes available so in theory I will pre-purchase TAF that way anyway (assuming TAF will be part of season 4).
All the additional pro-copies you get with the higher tiers are well... sort of unneeded since most really won't need more than 2 copies (I guess most only play on one "home system" [consoles/pc/mac] and one mobile platform [Android/iOS/etc]).
And then -as I already said- if (like me) you will purchase a season pass (where and when available) you might even only need 1 extra copy (in my case I only buy all tables on PC and selected few on Android).

I would have preferred more rewards geared towards backer forums and behind the scenes info like the Pro Pinball guys did/do with the Timeshock! kickstarter (receiving exclusive progress updates and development diaries of say photos that show them taking the real table apart, some video interviews of what is going on, seeing [possibly playing] the digital table in various states of development, etc).

Also I keep my fingers crossed that somehow magically they will manage to secure the licenses for the remaining two characters...

invitro

May 4, 2012
Like you, I'd like to track how it's going. It seems to be going faster than the T2 KS did. I don't remember how ST:TNG and TZ stacked up pace-wise compared to this one.

Here are the last-ten-days widgets. Maybe they add value. There are more if you click over to the site, which is called kicktraq. (Or is that kiqtrack? kiqtraq? Buehler?)

The speed appears to be TAF > TZ > STTNG >> T2.

What fun. Can I get a HOO!?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Ok, last batch, I promise. These seem to be best for comparing. I suppose they should've been first. But I just couldn't stop sharing!

It will be fun to watch this. But it would be a lot more fun if there was any doubt that it would be funded. TAF is a little bit ahead of STTNG's fast start, but will it have the staying power that TZ did?

P.S. I find it notable that the millennial generation has defined "charity" as "donating to corporations to help them make bigger profits without having to repay their investors." It's even further right-wing than laissez-faire!

Last edited:

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
I read about the Gold Edition with interest, but will it be possible to have both the gold table and the pro table on the same Steam account? Steam is the only platform I use, and as much as I want the gold version I don't really want to be 'stuck' with just that, as I'd like the more authentic experience too.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I'm a bit a of a statistics geek so the visual comparison of those charts and graphs are very pleasing.

I'm also pleased that the AF kickstarter looks solidly on track to succeed. Here's hoping we get a stretch goal in a couple weeks that will also reveal the next big license.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I read about the Gold Edition with interest, but will it be possible to have both the gold table and the pro table on the same Steam account? Steam is the only platform I use, and as much as I want the gold version I don't really want to be 'stuck' with just that, as I'd like the more authentic experience too.

They clarified and mentioned you get both tables at the $100+ level. I would imagine that TAF and TAF CE would show up as two separate tables in the table list.

Eek!

Nov 5, 2013
They clarified and mentioned you get both tables at the $100+ level. I would imagine that TAF and TAF CE would show up as two separate tables in the table list.
Oh, that sounds good, then; I just didn't want a 'one or the other' situation since, as I said, I only use one platform. Thanks, and time to pledge higher!

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
I'm worried. $90,000??? That's way more than any of the others were asking for. We've already got 1500 people and it's not even 50% funded yet. Terminator only had almost 1900 people, that's not good.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I'm worried. $90,000??? That's way more than any of the others were asking for. We've already got 1500 people and it's not even 50% funded yet. Terminator only had almost 1900 people, that's not good.

I think TAF is more requested by pinball fans than T2.
There will be more people to donate IMO.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I think that non backers should eventually get the option of playing with the gold roms, but only backers should get the actual gold table with the new artwork, since it was a limited edition in real life.

this should make both players and backers happy.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
How many threads are there about this KS now?

I think non-backers (like me) should have to pay more for the table than those who pay the FS setup costs. I think the basic price per table is cheap, and that 'premium' tables should come at a premium price. Does anyone know (rather than just a guess) the economics of this, do they make more money by selling more copies for cheaper, than less tables for more cash per download? There must be a point where the lines cross and I expect this point has a name in marketing speak, but I think marketing is the devil so I refuse to look it up.

Bit late to implement such a scheme now, but surely they considered and rejected this idea already. What do others think?

Also, what will happen to FS once someone works out how to pirate their software? Surely that can't be far away.

Last edited:

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Sorry guys, I posted in the original Addams Family thread before I found this one... here is my post (regarding the $100 Pledge Level):
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...amily-(videos)?p=167939&viewfull=1#post167939

Continuing the discussion...

Where is it confirmed? I can't even find any confirmation they are using different ROMs for the different versions?

N

netizen

Besides the fact that the Gold Version is a different ROM and that they confirmed that gold level backers will get the Gold Version and the Regular Version what more do you want?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts