American Hero

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
2016 bite my ass.

(I have a theory. It's controversial. But what happened in 2016 that hadn't happened since 1908? Think of the amount of... whatever... the Universe needed to pull that one off.)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
John Glenn was one of my heroes when I was young and through-out my life. He was an amazing American who dedicated his life to service for his country. From being a fighter pilot in two wars, the first American person to orbit the earth, a distinguished Senator from Ohio for 25 years and the joy I felt when he was chosen to go back into space in 1998 at age 77. There have been so many great world citizens we've lost this year. 2016 was a bite-my-ass year, IMO.

Thanks for the thread Naildriver 74.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Very true Frank. Back in the day astronauts were like rock stars. Today they don't seem to get the notoriety and respect they deserve.
Sad to hear if the passing of John Glenn, a true hero.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
as much as I love my sport,i still remember the moon landing at primary school,i take my hat off to John Glenn who was one of the early ones,and all his service to the USA,in public life.what these people go through to go into space is unreal.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.