Android or PS3/Vita

Evilpenguinj

May 24, 2012
Hi Everyone

I am at a crossroads. I have purchased some tables for the PS3 but I find myself playing a lot of the demo tables on my Nexus 7 tablet. So what do you guys think, should I buy more for the PS3 or go with the Nexus 7 as my platform of choice. Also I wish there was a payment option that would let you pay one price and get all the current tables.

Jason

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
If you're going to pick one platform then you should go with the one you like better. Only you can answer that question since it's your preference. ;)

I prefer iPad over a console because I like to play in portrait mode.

Evilpenguinj

May 24, 2012
If you're going to pick one platform then you should go with the one you like better. Only you can answer that question since it's your preference. ;)

I prefer iPad over a console because I like to play in portrait mode.

I do like playing in potrait mode as well. Hmm, I wish I could transfer my PS3 purchases over to the android platform.

Jason

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Everyone

I am at a crossroads. I have purchased some tables for the PS3 but I find myself playing a lot of the demo tables on my Nexus 7 tablet. So what do you guys think, should I buy more for the PS3 or go with the Nexus 7 as my platform of choice. Also I wish there was a payment option that would let you pay one price and get all the current tables.

Jason

For TPA, I'm Nexus 7 all the way mainly due to Portrait.
I have a console, but don't like TPA on there due to landscape, other dlc issues aside.
It's personal preference though - only you can choose!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
For TPA, I'm Nexus 7 all the way mainly due to Portrait.
I have a console, but don't like TPA on there due to landscape, other dlc issues aside.
It's personal preference though - only you can choose!

My 55" tv in landscape trumps my 10" Nexus in portrait and I get real buttons on my PS3. I just can't play without physical buttons.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
If I didn't know any better, id say vita hands down since its got buttons, 8 way nudging, and, in theory, near console like graphics power.

Except I do know better. Get the android version.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
My 55" tv in landscape trumps my 10" Nexus in portrait and I get real buttons on my PS3. I just can't play without physical buttons.

Sixaxis app & PS3 controller gives you buttons in Android, with the benefit of portrait.

I have a 50" Sony and an xbox, but I can't stand TPA in landscape, it never gets played on there. It's like if you were 4ft tall and playing a real table.
I do wish mobile had nudge up though.

(Strangely - Zen is the other side of the coin, cant play in Portrait, has to be landscape cam 5 mobile (cam 3 xbox).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
From what Ive read the PS Vita is really bad! not to mention waay behind on DLC compared to other MOBILE devices.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
As a Vita owner , I can tell you the very few DLCs tables that are passable on Vita only include the core pack and 4 others , the rest look like FarSight had a deadline to fulfill and Vita got the least attention to finishing polish and just look like when you play a game on PC without using a GPU driver , theres no hi res textures , no lighting effects , and it's ok for a quick fix away from the PS3 , but it's terrible .

Evilpenguinj

May 24, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys! I really do wish it was better on the vita. Well I bought two new tables for Android. I got ST:TNG and Twilight Zone. I am using a Nexus 7 to play them. I wish there was a full table pack available so I don't have to download everything individually.

Jason

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
We Vita owners feel that FarSight is using the mobile code as a template for all VIta versions, this does not utilize the Vita's GPU or multiprocessors but since in their mindset is everyone with a PS3 gets the Vita versions for free , and if you have a Vita you must own the PS3 too? right? So who cares about the people who spend $5 for a rushed out port of the Android or IOS versions , instead of a version using the PS Vita's superior hardware.
tough nuts , sucks to be you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts