Android Table Pack 20 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Polar opposites compared to last month's pack, Ryan. Both tables are really crisp graphically. At least to my eyes.

I'm enjoying both tables in this pack.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 & SGS4 & others

Bug Description: TPA only registers 2 simultaneous touch inputs at one time, despite device being proven capable of 10.

Steps To Reproduce: hold left and right flippers up then try to nudge.
It won't accept the third input.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: some tables require 3 simultaneous inputs.

N

netizen

Why oh Why is it so much fun, and difficult, going for that extra ball on EDCOG? :D

I have drained so many times with C-I-T-Y-O-F-G-O-L down, and the extra ball lit

/me shakes fist

finally got the extra ball, but the goal didn't check off :/

Last edited:
N

netizen

Bug: CBW emulation timing is off

Description: At the end of a game you get the final score menu ui before the match sequence has finished. Because of this you can press continue and the match animation/sequence will continue during the game start/attract mode screen.

Device: nexus 10, 4.3

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Why oh Why is it so much fun, and difficult, going for that extra ball on EDCOG? :D

I have drained so many times with C-I-T-Y-O-F-G-O-L down, and the extra ball lit

/me shakes fist

finally got the extra ball, but the goal didn't check off :/

I got the extra ball and the goal was checked off. You're not mistaking special for extra ball? To get the extra ball, hit all top drop targets twice (in any order) then the lit right drop target.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I got the extra ball and the goal was checked off. You're not mistaking special for extra ball? To get the extra ball, hit all top drop targets twice (in any order) then the lit right drop target.

I was mistaken originally, but there's only one extra ball, no? I got an extra ball, the purple shoot again light lit up between the flippers after hitting the lit drop target on the right, and no goal.

Maybe I am just lucky :D

K

Korven

Had beginners luck on Edcog, over 2M and all standard goals on my second game only to see the last wiz goal being 2M :(

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Bug: CBW emulation timing is off

Description: At the end of a game you get the final score menu ui before the match sequence has finished. Because of this you can press continue and the match animation/sequence will continue during the game start/attract mode screen.

Device: nexus 10, 4.3

To which i say "thank you and please implement this 'feature' on all tables with a match".
I noticed this too, just earlier and was kinda like "cool".

I do find that the flippers are like small mountains and trapping is extremely easy.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
To which i say "thank you and please implement this 'feature' on all tables with a match".
I noticed this too, just earlier and was kinda like "cool".

I do find that the flippers are like small mountains and trapping is extremely easy.

I kind of agree with you, superballs.

The match sequence, while part of the game, is actually not relevant unless you need credits to play.

On this subject, have you noticed that the DMD does not say "Free Play", and acutally has a credit display. This is a gottlieb emulation thing, is it @Ryan Routon?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks Ryan. I'd like to offer some feedback on CBW.

I have a local CBW that I get to play a fair amount during the summers and the flippers feel too powerful to me. For starters, the ramp should be harder to make it up, and I've had several instances so far where the ball has deflected off the cue ball and then flown through the horseshoe, which I've never seen even once on the real table. Perhaps the cue ball needs to be given more mass?

The Cue Ball really does need some more mass.

Yep, I totally agree regarding the fllipper strength as well Bass Mummy.

The ramp shot is a long incline, and even with well-maintained flippers, the ball definitely did not fly up it like it does in TPA, it would get slower up the top.

Reference:

With the current flipper strength, the TPA simulation really rockets around the top ramp.

<kinda off-topic>

How is flipper strength set when you're making a recreation?

Do you have pre-set values for flippers, mapped to the coil types. For example, a yellow sleeved coil behaves differently to a blue sleeved coil

http://www.pinballmedic.net/tech-tips/a_coil_chart.html

I'm just hunting to see if there is a consistent way you set flipper strength, based on pre-set strength profiles?

</kinda off-topic>

N

netizen

Tee'd Off finally has multi player games, but it now has the same bug as Victory and CO1812 previously had where on the 3rd ball the 1st player to make the HSTD is prompted to enter initials and the game then hangs as all input is disabled on the next player. I really should be angry as I finally broke 2B and the game froze on me ...

I played a 4 player game of Victory, but I didn't score high enough to test if the bug still exists there as well.

RE: the match sequence. If the match is really that disliked perhaps we should put in a request to have FarSight use the ROM settings to disable it entirely in the default settings? My concern with the the way it is set up on CBW is what happens if you pres Start fast enough while the match is still happening?

Off to go find out ;)

N

netizen

Bug: STTNG Trigger button not functioning properly

Description: when holodeck is activated players should be able to hold the trigger button and the R Flipper to engage Riker's Poker, but this doesn't happen. Trying to do this just enables the Shuttle video mode.

Device: Nexus 10

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Tee'd Off finally has multi player games, but it now has the same bug as Victory and CO1812 previously had where on the 3rd ball the 1st player to make the HSTD is prompted to enter initials and the game then hangs as all input is disabled on the next player. I really should be angry as I finally broke 2B and the game froze on me ...

I played a 4 player game of Victory, but I didn't score high enough to test if the bug still exists there as well.

RE: the match sequence. If the match is really that disliked perhaps we should put in a request to have FarSight use the ROM settings to disable it entirely in the default settings? My concern with the the way it is set up on CBW is what happens if you pres Start fast enough while the match is still happening?

Off to go find out ;)

Actually it just starts a new game and skips the match, as if you put in another coin and pressed start. This is why i like it.
That and it gives you the option to watch it if you like. So it's a way to cater to everyone, and whenever there's an opportunity to cater to everyone, I think it should be taken.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
El Dorado, crashes TPA on Nexus 7 (2013) on Start. I can't even download table. CBW so far so good,... You sure need that ramp shot.

N

netizen

El Dorado, crashes TPA on Nexus 7 (2013) on Start. I can't even download table. CBW so far so good,... You sure need that ramp shot.

Try going to settings>apps>pinball arcade>clear cache>force stop

Then restart TPA and see if you still have problems downloading EDCOG :/

Don't delete the app data unless you want to lose all your goals and scores etc. Sometimes clearing the cache can make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts