Android V1.9.1: Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

In the ESS leaderboard I have a score registered I never ever got on that table.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Connection to the leaderboard is still unstable and unreliable. Even if you're finally and undeniably logged in, you find out later that connection was lost again. Improving your personal best on a table, only to discover the leaderboard didn't register it... again, is a nasty and unwelcome surprise. A leaderboard that doesn't adequately represent the accomplishements of it's players is pointless. If only the leaderboard would update itself according to locally stored hi-scores, whenever the connection isn't flaking out, this needn't be such a nuisance. " (Quote)

Everything worked fine for me until yesterday. I could access the leaderboards and my high scores posted on Tuesday. Now nothing works and I can't even log out to try to log in again. I miss not trying to get into the top 200 for the month or week on the tables I play. I am not a great player, but do enjoy watching my rank.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Howdy Pinball Arcade fans. I found the answer to my question above in another Android forum. The way to re-log into the leader-boards is posted below and the post came from forum member "Willi Cicci". This worked for me and thanks again Willi for helping me get my leader boards back.

"I had this problem a lot on my phone with ICS 4.0. Still get it on occasion with the Nexus 7 & JB. But yeah, you have to log out and back in again. Always check to see if it will load the leader-boards before you start playing. If it does, you're good for that session. If the leader boards still won't load after logging out and in, then log out, go to Settings - Apps - Pinball Arcade and clear the cache then log in again. It should work after that, but if it's still not working add one more step of force stopping PA when you clear the cache." --- Willi Cicci - Android Forum V1.9.1: Bugs.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
A little upset...

Connection to the leaderboard is still unstable and unreliable. Even if you're finally and undeniably logged in, you find out later that connection was lost again. Improving your personal best on a table, only to discover the leaderboard didn't register it... again, is a nasty and unwelcome surprise. A leaderboard that doesn't adequately represent the accomplishements of it's players is pointless. If only the leaderboard would update itself according to locally stored hi-scores, whenever the connection isn't flaking out, this needn't be such a nuisance.

The problem occurs on icecream sandwich also by the way.

Verified.

Wow... just had the best game of my life. Don't suppose there's any chance I can somehow have my rightful place on the leaderboard (since it didn't update itself properly)?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/htf3b

I guess I'll just have to do it again. [SARCASM]No big deal... only took a couple of hours.[/SARCASM]

Either that, or I'll just have to learn live with being beaten by someone named 'Crusty Booger.'

K

Korven

This is the reason I quit playing after my 8.9B didn't get registered, that and the annoying FF bug.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Has anyone else noticed the, perhaps, spoiler like signs that can be seen if you watch the attract mode in landscape perspective?

Maybe I get to see them on the Nexus 10 because of the overly large resolution.

This is a grab from 1.10.0, do you see what I see? :p

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83188435/Pictures/Screenshot_2013-01-14-21-38-51.png

I didn't even think twice about this (always play in landscape). I thought these were innocent enough, but you may have a point. There's a Funhouse light box to the right of this view. It always seems to be there. The sorcerer one was different last time from memory.

I just assumed these were some sort of hangover from the PHOF era.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

N

netizen

I didn't even think twice about this (always play in landscape). I thought these were innocent enough, but you may have a point. There's a Funhouse light box to the right of this view. It always seems to be there. The sorcerer one was different last time from memory.

I just assumed these were some sort of hangover from the PHOF era.

It's possible they are both a left over from the PHOF days and not a clue, or simply nothing. I Remember, seeing the Funhouse one before, because the camera tends to look from the left corner of the machine, off into the right of the room way more often, perhaps the Sorcerer has always been there as well; it was certainly there in 1.9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.