Bug Android Version 1.13.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer Meatbeef

May 1, 2013
Yeah, I was rather surprised when a recent update or so made me redownload Funhouse and the text glitch still existed, since it's so obvious and 100% repeatable. The performance issues bewilder me though in that if I was consistently having such issues across all/most tables, I'd just chalk it down to simple lack of power on a somewhat aged device. However, of the 14 tables I own, this is the ONLY one that exhibits such constantly bad performance, despite it being relatively simple. Much bigger and more complex tables like Twilight Zone or TNG run pretty flawlessly almost all the time even during large multiball periods or other such busy periods. Heck, even Circus Voltaire and its much more complex HUD (displayed twice!) runs perfectly fine, but Funhouse just can't stay as smooth as it needs to be with even just a single ball rolling around on-screen.

Note that if it was just running at a consistently lower framerate, that would be much better; as long as the ball's movement rate remains constant, one can generally compensate for those missing frames intuitively. The stuttering I see is much more disruptive, as it basically results in the ball seeming to stop for but a nanosecond and then "warp" ahead at short but non-consistent intervals, which is simply too random to compensate for in any effective way.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah, I was rather surprised when a recent update or so made me redownload Funhouse and the text glitch still existed, since it's so obvious and 100% repeatable. The performance issues bewilder me though in that if I was consistently having such issues across all/most tables, I'd just chalk it down to simple lack of power on a somewhat aged device. However, of the 14 tables I own, this is the ONLY one that exhibits such constantly bad performance, despite it being relatively simple. Much bigger and more complex tables like Twilight Zone or TNG run pretty flawlessly almost all the time even during large multiball periods or other such busy periods. Heck, even Circus Voltaire and its much more complex HUD (displayed twice!) runs perfectly fine, but Funhouse just can't stay as smooth as it needs to be with even just a single ball rolling around on-screen.

Note that if it was just running at a consistently lower framerate, that would be much better; as long as the ball's movement rate remains constant, one can generally compensate for those missing frames intuitively. The stuttering I see is much more disruptive, as it basically results in the ball seeming to stop for but a nanosecond and then "warp" ahead at short but non-consistent intervals, which is simply too random to compensate for in any effective way.

It's because it's an 'early TPA' alphanumeric display table which is rom emulated that you are getting the issue.
Apparently it was more resource hungry to emulate an alphanumeric, than it was to do a DMD. This was an issue last year on both FH & BOP at the time of their release.
Ryan rewrote the code that deals with the alphanumerics and massively improved the performance at the time, but any device of older or lower spec will struggle with FH, BOP with the HUD turned on.
I used to struggle with my old phone with these tables when HUD was on. I don't know if the way it's done now is improved, as I have a better device. Do the same issues exist with Space Shuttle? The process has probably been improved.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bug: Infinite Scoring Loop on Firepower - Game ending bug

Device: Cross-platform

Details: The jury is out whether the issue occurs due to earning an Extra Ball, or a specific combination of events in Multiball, but the symptoms are the same.

The score counter begins to ascend in 1000 point increments, even after the bonus count has ended. It continues as long as you care to leave it. One forum member left their tablet on overnight, and it was still going the next day.

No tilting or attendant calling will correct the issue.

Additional Info:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3673-Drained-ball-causes-infinite-scoring-loop

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...sion-1-11-0-Bugs?p=56571&viewfull=1#post56571

Officer Meatbeef

May 1, 2013
It's because it's an 'early TPA' alphanumeric display table which is rom emulated that you are getting the issue.
Apparently it was more resource hungry to emulate an alphanumeric, than it was to do a DMD.

Ahhh, thank you for the info. A simple matter of more difficult-to-emulate displays causing the performance trouble makes sense, even if it was unintuitive. I just tried the Space Shuttle demo and does indeed seem to share the same performance issue as Funhouse. As does BoP, which I have played quite a bit; I guess I just find it most noticeable in FH because of the generally more cramped playfield and already-tricky shots like the trapdoor.

Oh well, unfortunate for me but I'm glad to know it's an understood problem and I'll just have to hope it can either be further optimized, or wait on an upgrading device and deal with a HUDless table for the interim on this one. Knowing the relationship, I now see it's a known issue on the BoP issues list (although noted as "fixed"), so it would be nice to have it on the FH list as well to help keep suckers like me from reporting it again.

K

Korven

White Water

Device/OS: Toshiba Thrive / 4.04

Bug Description: Following multiball; left flipper (when held up) allows ball to pass through

Steps To Reproduce: Activate 3-ball multiball; keep balls in play (no issues); allow 2 balls to drain without ending turn; whenever remaining ball passes down left in-lane; hold left flipper up in an attempt to pass ball from left in-lane to right flipper; ball passes through base end of left flipper.

Frequency: 33%

Additional Comments: The ball appears to catch a very slight bounce off of the middle of the left flipper as it passes through -- its trajectory changes anyway; if the right flipper is down, the ball will often have enough of a kick from that bounce to perform a quick slap save. This will repeatedly happen until the ball is lost and a new ball is put in play.

Just had this same bug on the Nexus 7 w/ stock JB.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table Central park
I'll believe its not only in Version. 13.0:
If a Multiplayer game is finish, only the lights for player 1 start with a new multiplayer game at the beginning with10 points (Target value in the middle of the table). For all other players the lights are still at the same position from the last game. Internally the points are calculated correct, but the user does not know, at which position he is. Its looks like as GUI issue

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Edition in:
The point / Extraballs are also not correct: its still the value of the lighting lights. But it must start from 10 points and not from the first ball direct received an external
Edit off

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table Firepower
Select Multiplayer 4 player
Solve F-I-R-E and P-O-W-E-R
The Firepower Bonus will be not increase. Still by 10'000 alltime
Sometimes it's works with 2 player, but I'm not sure, if the first player must reach firepower. Up from 3player 100% reproducible. So the goal could never reached with multiplayer

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Cactus Canyon multi-ball timing is off. When the multi-ball modes are achieved and new balls are launched, they are launched too fast.

Steps To Reproduce: Get multi-ball and you'll see that the 2 balls launched are launched nearly simultaneously. Yet, watching a gameplay video shows that one ball is launched, and just clears the whirlpool like area, before the next ball is launched.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: You'll see a great example of this @ 3:15 here http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/cactus-canyon/

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table FirePower
Also seen temporarily : the tags for P-O-W-E-R, doesn't react sometimes. All 3 blue lights are off. The ball come to the 3 targets, is reject to the field, but also no of the 3 blue lights are light. It is difficult enough to hit the Lowes target, but if the table does not response sometimes of the target, it's much harder

Next Issue, same table
Try to push the ball slow into the game, the ball goes in the table, but the view is still on the bumper. The ball must be lost

N

netizen

Device/OS: nexus 10/ 4.2.2

Bug Description: Taxi - Tilting in a 4 player game causes the game to reset to a three player game; Jackpot level isn't reset, multi-ball still locked

Steps To Reproduce: Play a 4 player game and at some point tilt the game, usually at the end of the ball. I find the bug happens more often on the 2nd or 3rd ball.

Frequency: 75%

Additional Comments: This is a really weird bug. The first times it happened I thought it was just a glitch but it is reproducible. I wonder if it is an emulation glitch or an actual ROM error. This is something that will need some deep checking.

FYI - if this helps at all, I have all the wizard goals completed, I had tilt turned on, I was using shake nudge, I had 2 players set to view 2, and 2 set to view 3, I was playing in Portrait perspective, and the launcher was set to view 1 on all 4 players.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table Firepower maybe one hint
Look on the picture: All multi balls are lost, the last ball is in game. Suddenly the next player(1) should be start his game, but the player in front (4) hold still the ball on the right flipper. Player 1 received in this moment a multi ball (2balls are in game) and than the problem with the score counting starts

Btw. : what kind of steelstreet is in the lower part of the screenshoot? Videobuffer?

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
y3epumam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.