Bug Android Version 1.20.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've check them again: its definitely only the left one which shows this symptoms and only during multiball. I've no idea what's going on: if I use a PS3controller the problem is not visible anymore. With the touchscreen only, its reproducable very easy. I don't believe if a small video helps. Maybe a trace component could be activated?

I want to hazard a guess that you are accidentally hitting the menu button on your phone. Or one of the soft buttons. Try to reproduce the issue in landscape mode to be sure.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Just got a new phone today, Samsung S4 mini. I am having the flipper issue!!! :mad: It happens on all tables, usually not immediately,but after some time the flipper will glitch.

Device/OS: Samsung S4 mini

Bug Description: The flippers glitch and do not respond, or flip wildly.

Steps To Reproduce: Most noticeable when you use both flippers at the same time. Hold one flipper down and rapidly flip the other.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: The flippers usually work fine for a minute or so, then the glitch kicks in.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Try testing using a multi-touch testing app.

Which sense does it make, if the App is working very well, if only one ball in game? (Maybe its a problem in vertical mode and the seize of the Ball-Grafik and/or any interrupts? Or , that's I believe more, that the App supported only 2 point touch? [seen if want to shake the table, that only 2 touch-points are supported from the app). Maybe there is a mis-interpretation from the app and the received data's from the system? I've try also different sensitive settings ( low, middle, high ) in the Settings of Android. No different.
The A510 supported Multi-touch. This means max.10 points!

Try holding your device landscape and see if flipper detection is better.
I've try it, but in this moment the Tab does not show to 100% the problem in this moment. I'm just try to find a ~100% reproducable way to give a statement, if it is in Horinzontal and vertical mode the same behaves. The Tab was falling down last friday and now its a little bit hard to reproduce :-? but seen only sometimes ...

Also try playing the game with the device connected to the wall socket/power outlet (grounded tablets with touchscreen issues often work better)
I've read it some times ago and try it : no different

The problem is since the first version (long time ago) included. I've on the screen also a security folie, but don't try to talk me, that's the reason: In this case it must be the same behaves with a single ball. Maybe a race condition ? Also if the left flipper does not go direct in idle, the touch event is ignored ... I've the feeling, that the right flipper is impact also but not so strong ... this is more or less only a feeling, I can not say for 100% sure.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Ok I have found that the Samsung S4 mini has touch screen problems. I tried other pinball games, and the same thing happens. So it is a device issue, and my previous post isn't a TPA bug. So if mods want to remove it, that's fine. But, some folks may want to know that the issue is out there. I'm calling tech support now, I'll let you know if anything can be done to fix it.

Edit:
Ok just talked with tech support, they insist that it is a game issue, even though I told them the same thing happens on other games of the same type. Guess I'm taking this phone back...

Last edited:

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Ok I have found that the Samsung S4 mini has touch screen problems. I tried other pinball games, and the same thing happens. So it is a device issue, and my previous post isn't a TPA bug. So if mods want to remove it, that's fine. But, some folks may want to know that the issue is out there. I'm calling tech support now, I'll let you know if anything can be done to fix it.

Edit:
Ok just talked with tech support, they insist that it is a game issue, even though I told them the same thing happens on other games of the same type. Guess I'm taking this phone back...

Its most likely a pressure/multitouch issue, which I found on two of my Nook HD+ devices. I have discussed this hear. Let me know if its similar symptoms. http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...Nook-HD-Today-runs-great!?p=120758#post120758

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I've try the testprogram, which was mention above:
No problem at all: The left place, wbere I control the flipper is round a bound X= betw. 60-100; Y = round a bound 810-880

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I've make a small video ( from my Mobile ) which shows the effect ( the video does not win a price and don't hear the sound - my wife does not recognize, what she shall do in the first moment ;) )
For Multiball, I hold both balls on the flipper, kick one again, and the left flipper does not recognize the events from the touchpad. After time, the event will work in order again ....

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
The interesting thing is, in the video I can recreate the problem without any problem, than I leave the table/app; restart and move to horizontal and try 2, 3 times to recreate the same scenario: No luck.
Leave the app/table, restart, switch to vertical : No luck to recreate this one in this moment

K

Korven

Might be just me but app crashes frequently if other apps are updating in the background. Never had this problem before.

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, but I looked and don't see it.

On both of my android devices, a Droid Razr Maxx and a first gen Nexus 7, I have a heck of a time toggling between the scrolling and locked camera views. Tapping the screen there just cycles the menu item one lower down, the four major camera views, whether I'm in landscape or portrait. And it almost seems to be getting worse if that's possible. At first it would give in after a few attempts or by trying another table. But now my phone hasn't allowed me to select "scrolling" for a few days.

If there's a fix I'd love to hear it. On some tables it makes little difference, but on others the wrong view is near unplayable.

UPDATE: Not thirty seconds after I hit send I managed to get the phone into "scrolling" mode. I know I slid the menu up and down just a little before I tried it, but I would hate to think that was the stymie. I will see if I can get the Nexus to bend to my will and if so I'll let you know it was just me being uncoordinated.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, but I looked and don't see it.

On both of my android devices, a Droid Razr Maxx and a first gen Nexus 7, I have a heck of a time toggling between the scrolling and locked camera views. Tapping the screen there just cycles the menu item one lower down, the four major camera views, whether I'm in landscape or portrait. And it almost seems to be getting worse if that's possible. At first it would give in after a few attempts or by trying another table. But now my phone hasn't allowed me to select "scrolling" for a few days.

If there's a fix I'd love to hear it. On some tables it makes little difference, but on others the wrong view is near unplayable.

UPDATE: Not thirty seconds after I hit send I managed to get the phone into "scrolling" mode. I know I slid the menu up and down just a little before I tried it, but I would hate to think that was the stymie. I will see if I can get the Nexus to bend to my will and if so I'll let you know it was just me being uncoordinated.

To toggle camera views tap the camera button at top left.
To toggle camera lock press & hold down camera button for 1 sec.

Alternatively - go into options within the table menu...
You can control the same functions here...
6e6aqaju.jpg

Also check your event camera setting in case it is actually this setting you were actually trying to change. Go into options...
adyryzy7.jpg

Mine's shown in off - but you might prefer it on.

N

netizen

Plus, there's a persistent bug where you can;t change the locked/scrolling view from the options while on the plunge screen.

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
To toggle camera views tap the camera button at top left.
To toggle camera lock press & hold down camera button for 1 sec.

Much easier! Even if toggling that always worked perfectly on that other menu, it still requires calling down that menu, fiddling around some, and then dismissing the menu. If only each table would remain the way it was set the last time it was played, it wouldn't matter that the menus are such a byzantine bother.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
The problem is since the first version (long time ago) included. I've on the screen also a security folie... .
It does not let me calm....
Today I've removed the security folie (If I should believe the press, one of the best and not the cheapest one) and what can I tell: the reponse is much better. In this moment I haven't see again the negative effect- also not during MB. I'll observe it a little bit longer.
Btw: instead of an add app, if the screen recognice the fingers on the screen; there is an option in the developer settings. Activated and a circuit is on the screen, where you touch him

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Its better, but not to 100%
In the meantime I could reproduce one time the problem again, lets continues to observe

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It does not let me calm....
Today I've removed the security folie (If I should believe the press, one of the best and not the cheapest one) and what can I tell: the reponse is much better. In this moment I haven't see again the negative effect- also not during MB. I'll observe it a little bit longer.
Btw: instead of an add app, if the screen recognice the fingers on the screen; there is an option in the developer settings. Activated and a circuit is on the screen, where you touch him

Ahh, yes: "show screen touches". Forgot about that.

And it does it in real time over any app.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
App crashes when nudging with tilt meter displayed.

Reproduces 100% on any table with pro, just attempt to tilt which freezes/crashes the app.

Non-device specific. Ever since pack 20 or so there has been nudging issues found on nook HD+. I went to check and yes this crash was found on my Rezound.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Have you updated your program?
Because the 1.20.0 is outdated now we are with the 1.21.0

If you did, you are in the wrong topic ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts