Bug Android Version 1.7.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Ball got stuck behind gumball machine. Wouldn't budge. Wouldn't reset. I think there's another ball back there as well at the time the screenshot was taken.

TABLE: TZ

ISSUE: BALL STUCK IN GUMBALL MACHINE TRAIL

REPEATABLE: YES (1%)

DESCRIPTION:

Just confirming that I've had the same issue, though very rarely, approx. twice in 20 games.

When there are 4 balls in the gumball machine at start up, the 4th is sometimes lodged in the trail above, when a load gumball shot is made with a 5th ball, the bottom ball ejects into play and the 2 above drop down leaving a gap as the 4th remains in the trail (just barely visible), at this point play is unhampered; subsequently, loading the next ball, it becomes trapped (and fully visible) in the trail above the one that was originally stuck.

You can hear them clicking together.

No amount of nudging or slam tilt will dislodge the original (4th) ball so that it can drop into the machine and the other follow.

After a lengthy pause a ball will be loaded into the launcher but the camera stays focus on the play field.

The ball can be launched by tapping the right side of the screen but the flippers are inop until it drains.

Note: I was able to dislodge the stuck balls after loosing the relaunch and starting a new ball by hitting the gumball load sequence again.

Seems rare, but it does happen ... and is repeatable.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I've been checking to see if a tournament is up, so I tap the button. After getting the down for maintenance message, I tap continue, then start for TZ. When I do that, I get taken to the Theater of Magic table screen. This seems to happen only when I try tournament first.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
New build:
http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityZ.apk

Fixes:
-Log in entitlement (use your farsight login to get your kickstarter reward. Log out if you are already logged in, then re-login. You may still see the buy now stamp, this is a known bug but it will go away after you swipe, click, etc).
-HoF button crash fixed.
-Cameras have been tweaked for TZ
-pro mode buttons are back.
-Big shot hud is now hidable and will scale properly.
-New icon should show now.
-A bug where leaderboards were showing tournament data should be fixed.
-pro mode for scared stiff has been added.
-Custom ball tech is now in and can be accessed via extras menu in the table menu.
-Power ball should now look different.
-leaderboards for BH and ToM have been addressed, you may have to re-enter a score since we had to wipe the bad data (this was done on ios some time ago).

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok guys im outa the office until monday, taking a long deserved break from this office to visit family. Enjoy the build!

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Verified Fixes

Device: TF300T

-Log in entitlement (use your farsight login to get your kickstarter reward. Log out if you are already logged in, then re-login. You may still see the buy now stamp, this is a known bug but it will go away after you swipe, click, etc).

This procedure works 100%

-Cameras have been tweaked for TZ

Verified

-Big shot hud is now hideable, and will scale properly.

HUD can be disabled. Because of my device, the HUD was perfect size anyhow.

-New icon should show now.

Verified.

-pro mode for scared stiff has been added.

Verified

-Custom ball tech is now in and can be accessed via extras menu in the table menu.

Verified (Its under the Extras menu, below table flyer) (thanks Pop Sergeant)

-Power ball should now look different.

Have not tested this yet, need to play more, but WORRRRKKK :(

-leaderboards for BH and ToM have been addressed, you may have to re-enter a score since we had to wipe the bad data (this was done on ios some time ago).

Checking the leaderboard within the BH table presented a noticeable lag while the leaderboard menu was loaded.

The highest score in BH is 19M: that looks a little more reasonable ;)

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
@jarod it seems there are a few default ball skins like a 8 ball and smile face ect...
I like the new ball skins but would it be possible to add the option in the future in a multiplayer game to each get your own ball choice?
Also would be nice to brighten them up a bit

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
i just had a pretty weird glitch in twilight zone.
i had a good first ball and got to litz on the first ball, but with all the balls on the screen i got some serious slowdowns so i paused the game and shut down all the stuff that was running in the background. when i got back in to the game all the balls had turned transparent and very hard to see, it was impossible to play from that point. its the first time i ever had this type of glitch. could it have something to do with the ballskins that was implemented? (i was using the standard balls)

N

Nik Barbour

Thanks for the Big Shot score fix Ryan. Much appreciated!
Have a great Thanksgiving, and drive carefully:D

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
all the balls had turned transparent and very hard to see

That happened to me right after installing the newest beta. Installed it, started TZ and the ball was transparent right from the start. I aborted the game, changed to another skin and started the next game, still transparent (though playable with that ugly 80s smiley). After killing the app and restarting everything was fine.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
That happened to me right after installing the newest beta. Installed it, started TZ and the ball was transparent right from the start. I aborted the game, changed to another skin and started the next game, still transparent (though playable with that ugly 80s smiley). After killing the app and restarting everything was fine.

i just had a pretty weird glitch in twilight zone.
i had a good first ball and got to litz on the first ball, but with all the balls on the screen i got some serious slowdowns so i paused the game and shut down all the stuff that was running in the background. when i got back in to the game all the balls had turned transparent and very hard to see, it was impossible to play from that point. its the first time i ever had this type of glitch. could it have something to do with the ballskins that was implemented? (i was using the standard balls)

And me, makes 3 ... transparent ball phenomena ... it's cool ... but very hard to play at speed ...

ISSUE:TRANSPARENT BALL (SCREEN SHOT)

8206451589_46c220db13_m.jpg

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

TZ - landscape - camera angle 4
Surely it's not meant to look like this?
nu7a7y6e.jpg

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
New build:
http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityZ.apk

Fixes:

-Big shot hud is now hidable and will scale properly.

DEVICE: TOSHIBA THRIVE (AT105 / 32 GB)
10.1" SCREEN
TEGRA(2)
ICS 4.04

CONDITION: CLEAN BETA INSTALL, RE-DOWNLOADED TABLES, DEVICE RE-BOOTED

TABLE: BIG SHOT

ORIENTATION: PORTRAIT

ISSUE: HUD RE-SCALING (PORTRAIT)

The BS HUD re-scales perfectly in Landscape orientation, but not too well in portrait. This was not an issue for my device in the previous beta.

You can see from the screen shots below that the upper HUD and lower BALL COUNT progressively encroach on the play field in table camera view 1-4.

BS - HUD - TABLE CAM 1

8207541006_a0cc0c9dc3_m.jpg

BS - HUD - TABLE CAM 2

8207540952_eabe42af34_m.jpg

BS - HUD - TABLE CAM 3

8206451717_2ddc145bd4_m.jpg

BS - HUD - TABLE CAM 4

8206451659_44ec84108c_m.jpg

You also might notice in the last three screen shots that I am somehow playing with a transparent ball again (previously reported)

Last edited:
N

netizen

Does anyone know if this gives you the option of changing the audio of the game to take it out of family mode? Would purchase in a heartbeat if this is the case.

Yes you can

"This thing is huge, and ribbed too" LOL

N

netizen

Scared Stiff still has the End Game sequence missing.
you get the match and the right graphics in the HUD, but the process calls don't happen to switch from table to the HOF/continue screen. However it doesn't freeze up and have to be force quit on this build. You can pause and quit out to get back to the game start screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts