Bug Android Version 1.7.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that the HUD cannot be disabled in Big Shot? You can turn it off in the options but the score and ball counter don't actually go anywhere.

Yeah, and on my phone that huge score display obscures several of the drop targets in landscape.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Yeah, and on my phone that huge score display obscures several of the drop targets in landscape.
It's either that or the ball counter obscuring the lower half of the left flipper for me depending on cam angle. Had to settle for cam 2, because then the rollovers above the bumper are the only part of the table I can't see.

Edit: speaking of portrait mode, haven't tried landscape.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

That is a huge pet peeve of mine, And that you cannot have individual table settings; be it the camera angle HUD etc.

Has anyone else noticed that the HUD cannot be disabled in Big Shot? You can turn it off in the options but the score and ball counter don't actually go anywhere.

Yeah, I was trying to play landscape, but can't see upper left of table due to score counter. Switching hud off didn't work.

Views 2 & 3,the flippers are obscured by the huge 'ball in play' counter @ bottom left in both portrait and landscape.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Views aside, has anyone else noticed the inconsistent plunger strength in Taxi?
I have noticed this all the time. Makes it very hard to when trying to complete the one wizard goal when the plunger strength is all across the board.

I've found the sweet-spot that always lets me get the 25K and Passenger award. Always. I'd say it is consistent if you use the plunger guide as your marker.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Got my first total glitch-out since the new update.

Received a "Great Score" award/notification at the end of a game of Taxi and when it went to go to the initials entry screen it also tried to initialize a new game at the same time. Very mondo bizarro. Not that it matters much, as it serves for motivation, but my score didn't get saved either :'(

I don't know what the rules are for embedded/inserting large images, so i'll just provide a link to the screen grab I made.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83188435/Pictures/taxi great score.png

No issue with embedding images (particularly hosted ones like this). It is the only option for sharing images on the site.

I use DropBox public folders for all my beta-testing screens, and embed images all the time in threads. A picture paints a thousand words.

N

netizen

I've found the sweet-spot that always lets me get the 25K and Passenger award. Always. I'd say it is consistent if you use the plunger guide as your marker.
Can you take a screen shot for the Taxi Tactics etc thread. I played around with the skill shot for a while and when I can get the 25k shot it reliably gives me a pickup everytime, but I haven't got the sweet spot nailed. I would assume that i'm not the only one who would like a visual reference.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can you take a screen shot for the Taxi Tactics etc thread. I played around with the skill shot for a while and when I can get the 25k shot it reliably gives me a pickup everytime, but I haven't got the sweet spot nailed. I would assume that i'm not the only one who would like a visual reference.

I can't get you a screenshot because when I touch the screenshot shortcut key on the TF300 with the plunger at the mark, the plunger fires. :-(

EDIT: something has changed on Android. The previous sweet spot is completely broken now.

And I have tried everything to find the new sweet spot again but no matter what position I try, I can never land the passenger pickup any more

Last edited:

SteWieH

Jul 11, 2012
my problem is with big shot. the standard goal where you have to get 14,000 as a bonus. i got that several times and it still will not unlock. do you have to score exactly 14,000?

N

Nik Barbour

i know you couldn't do this in real life - but I plunge weak, as the ball is spinning around anti clockwise, I gently nudge table to the right when it gets to the 8 or 7 o'clock pos and this will send it for another loop or 2. Nudging R at the 3 or 2 o'clock will stop the ball dead normally.
After a little practice you can get pretty good at choosing where you want it to stop, certainly better than leaving it to chance.

N

Nik Barbour

I do not see that option on that table

With the game running, press 'return' to get to the menu options. Then where it says 'hud off' press once till it says 'hud on' then press resume to carry on the game.

The setting will reset when you kill the app, and have to be set again.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
Scared Stiff

I was able to replicate the bug that jaredmorgs mentioned regarding hitting two balls into the crate at the same time. They clack together and trigger multiple jackpots (like 10 or 20) before finally ejecting out.

N

netizen

I've been playing a bit of MM lately and I thought that the Dragon ramp was just being difficult to get the ball up as it was returning the ball back to the play area fairly often.
I started making a deliberate effort to hit the Dragon ramp as often as possible to see what was happening. What I was seeing was as the ball crossed under the overpassing loop it would somehow jump tracks and instead of looping around to return to the flipper it would do the loop backwards and go back to the play area. I don't recall seeing this previously.

I don't know if I am explaining this very well :confused:
Do you know what I mean?

N

netizen

Not sure if this is anything or not. In Big Shot should you be able to activate/engage the 8-Ball without having done the centre roll down?

I've noticed that if you can put the ball in the 8-Ball, but haven't down the roll down it will activate/engage, turn the light on and open the gate in the right out lane. This is repeatable, although a bit more difficult than getting an 8-Ball normally as you really have to try and not get the centre roll downs first in order to replicate it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've been playing a bit of MM lately and I thought that the Dragon ramp was just being difficult to get the ball up as it was returning the ball back to the play area fairly often.
I started making a deliberate effort to hit the Dragon ramp as often as possible to see what was happening. What I was seeing was as the ball crossed under the overpassing loop it would somehow jump tracks and instead of looping around to return to the flipper it would do the loop backwards and go back to the play area. I don't recall seeing this previously.

I don't know if I am explaining this very well :confused:
Do you know what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean netizen.

If you thump the ball up that ramp fast. For example if you shoot that ramp off the Super Skill Shot, you'll often find the ball path inverts.

For me, you still get the "make ramp" award, however it does throw your game rhythm a bit when you aren't expecting the ball to come careening down back at you again.

Based on the conversation with Mike Reitmeyer yesterday, perhaps some more extensive "Canon" testing of that ramp could be in order. Ryan will know what I mean by that...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Scared Stiff

I was able to replicate the bug that jaredmorgs mentioned regarding hitting two balls into the crate at the same time. They clack together and trigger multiple jackpots (like 10 or 20) before finally ejecting out.

I have formally reported this issue to support@, at Mike Reitmeyer's request. He will probably need to make some tweaks to how the balls behave in The Crate's ball trough, then propagate these changes back down to the separate platforms.

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
Just had an issue on Big Shot where the pool ball targets didn't reset after a drain. Had all but one of them knocked down, after I lost my ball they stayed as they were. Knocked down the last target, but they still remained down. Finally reset after my next drain.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Not sure if this is anything or not. In Big Shot should you be able to activate/engage the 8-Ball without having done the centre roll down?

I've noticed that if you can put the ball in the 8-Ball, but haven't down the roll down it will activate/engage, turn the light on and open the gate in the right out lane. This is repeatable, although a bit more difficult than getting an 8-Ball normally as you really have to try and not get the centre roll downs first in order to replicate it.

@netizen,

The Big Shot manual on IPDB points to a take down notice, so I don't have a definitive answer to this question, but reading the table instructions in TPA that would seem to be the expected behavior. Both 8-ball shots award the 8-ball, top 500 + 8-ball, saucer 8 ball + save gate.

N

netizen

Scared Stiff

I was finally able to replicate this bug as well. I got it to happen last night, but I can only get it to happen in Landscape view.

@Pop Sergeant Thx. I was asking because sometimes when the 8-Ball was unlit the ball wouldn't be able to go in the centre hole, and other times it would. Might have just been a case of bad angles and pattern seeking though.

@jaredmorgs That's it exactly. I too get the "make ramp" award, usually at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.