[ANDROID] Zaccaria Pinball update v1.04

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It looks stunning. I've also got a 32gb Google nexus 7 2nd generation tablet. Has anyone tried it on that? It crashed twice on my phone once my game time ended.

Plays really smooth on my Nexus 7 1st gen so you will be alright. Only thing I disable is the room background (and sometimes playfield glass) but tbh in portrait mode you don't see it anyway.

Although I like TPA on PC and will do a lot more when DX11 comes, on mobile I never play it mainly because of the lighting (POTO is particularly bad whereas Space Shuttle is pretty good). With Zaccaria I have played this more in the last week since it was released for Android, than I have played TPA/Zen put together in the last 12 months on mobile.

Just to add TPA on the new gen consoles looks fantastic and the new DX11 PC version will I am sure be awesome because of the lighting, but when it comes to mobile this Zacc app is the boll*cks.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I disagree with the new generation consoles looking amazing, the lighting is the only thing that is impressive. The graphics are low res and bugs from years ago still prevail. I shall look into buying this instead.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
played some more and have the following comments :

1) having got used to the dark room, I went back to play light room mode and found that all my tables were too dark. They all have a default Inside light and Outside Light set to 0. I have to go to each table and change the settings. Also have to bump up all the colours from 50% to around 80% to get a nice bright display. Most look amazing but Magic Castle again just doesn't look right light or dark to me.

2) It's fantastic that we can change the colours, but I find it very difficult adjusting the values using the sliders accurately. Would be nice if there was also option of a + or - button which could be pressed to go up in increments. That way I could easily get the same value for different sliders.

3) My other issue is that I always play in camera angle "1". I find the speed the camera pans from the plunger to table too slow. For tables where the ball enters the table middway up, I find the camera is too slow to get onto main table. I struggle to see where the ball is in time. Really notice this on "Stars Phoenix".

4) Finally can anyone actually hear what the speech is saying? Were the original machines just as unclear?

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for the heads up. I disagree with the new generation consoles looking amazing, the lighting is the only thing that is impressive. The graphics are low res and bugs from years ago still prevail. I shall look into buying this instead.

For TPA I have only seen the new consoles in videos, and it is the lighting in dark mode that looks impressive, so it it disappointing to hear stuff is still low-res. :(

74-89

May 2, 2014
4) Finally can anyone actually hear what the speech is saying? Were the original machines just as unclear?

I can hear them all clearly. I understand all of them except Zankor, and Star's Phoenix speaks Italian.

Here is a list of talking Zaccs and (as far as I can gather) which languages they spoke:

1982-04 Pinball Champ '82 - ENGLISH, GERMAN
1982-09 Soccer Kings - ENGLISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1983-04 Time Machine - ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1983-04 Pinball Champ - ENGLISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1983-09 Farfalla - ENGLISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1984-04 Devil Riders - ENGLISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1984-09 Magic Castle - ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1985-01 Robot - ENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, ITALIAN
1986-03 Blackbelt - ENGLISH
1986-07 Mexico '86 - ENGLISH
1986-12 Zankor - ENGLISH, ITALIAN
1987-04 Spooky - ENGLISH, ITALIAN
1987-07 Star's Phoenix - ITALIAN
1987-08 New Star's Phoenix - ITALIAN

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Plays well on my nexus 7 2nd generation tablet but flipper lag on a few tables. Biggest pain is not being able to quit the game. I had to click on the go to website button to exit the application.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Plays well on my nexus 7 2nd generation tablet but flipper lag on a few tables. Biggest pain is not being able to quit the game. I had to click on the go to website button to exit the application.
Just press 'Back'.
Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to temp override the Immersive hide.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Just press 'Back'.
Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to temp override the Immersive hide.

Yes, that works! Lol. I didn't know that as it was all hidden. How many more tables are there, and if I buy the gold pass do I get those too? I love the look and simplicity, I'm surprised how much I enjoy the old tables, something in didn't find with pinball Arcade. Are there any to come with multiball?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, that works! Lol. I didn't know that as it was all hidden. How many more tables are there, and if I buy the gold pass do I get those too? I love the look and simplicity, I'm surprised how much I enjoy the old tables, something in didn't find with pinball Arcade. Are there any to come with multiball?
Not sure how many more to come (play store says 25, but we already have 28, don't know if that's mistake or a bonus).

I believe 'silver' upwards gives access to all, and future tables.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
759950df3082edca693e7fbca2f6b0f2.jpg

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Couple of minor tuning/meshing bugs on two of the older tables where the bottom rail of the inlane is Metal Wire...

1- 'House of Diamonds'. If you cradle on the left flipper, and let the ball completely come to rest. Release the left flipper, and the ball flicks upwards, instead of just rolling down the flipper as it should.
Right hand side is ok.
85bf17e03579f6ff93e8536f19d98b4e.jpg

2- 'Winter sports' - same issue as point 1, but when cradling on the right flipper (left flipper is fine) and not as pronounced as on HOD.
7cd36a7886bf9e77fd14e846df1f8992.jpg

3- 'Strike' - the rooms carpet is highly visible through the table (background = on) at the 'bonus ball' standing targets, highlighted on the pic below.
It's most visible with a panning view angle.
985d6ce661fffe951c0edd90399725d7.jpg

Android build 1.04

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I asked it before but didn't get any answer.
Does someone have any info about Zaccaria on PC/Mac someday ?
Thanks for your answer (if you have it).

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Wow! Okay, finally realized this was out on Android now, and man, this is just about everything I wanted in a pinball game! Just the right era of tables and, with some tweaking in the purchasable options, plays and looks great!

One question: is there a way to "lock" a camera like in Pinball Arcade, so it doesn't switch to the upper camera angles when the ball goes to the top part of the table? On my Samsung 12.1 whatever tablet, camera 1 works great, but on my LG G2 phone, even when I adjust a custom camera to show me the full table in the "lower" view, it still insists on shifting to the "upper" camera angles when the ball goes up the table, which is a little distracting.

74-89

May 2, 2014
I think the iOS guys are really going to like the new physics. I'm sure they'll have this and that to say about its realistic accuracy, and I'm sure I'll agree with some of it, but it is so far improved over the last physics engine that it will be hard for them not to get really happy.

The new plunging, while still not powerful enough to successfully launch some of the tables, is greatly improved, and at least offers some variation of plunge results.

I like the Android updates overall. Found a new problem with Blackbelt that bugged me.

Please fix the blank plungers, they drive me crazy. The extra "Game Time Bonus" screen that got added before certain tables load is a drag, please remove it! The new dark settings don't seem any real improvement over the old. Please restore them. Hahaha!

I'll post again later when I find more things to complain about :)

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
One question: is there a way to "lock" a camera like in Pinball Arcade, so it doesn't switch to the upper camera angles when the ball goes to the top part of the table? On my Samsung 12.1 whatever tablet, camera 1 works great, but on my LG G2 phone, even when I adjust a custom camera to show me the full table in the "lower" view, it still insists on shifting to the "upper" camera angles when the ball goes up the table, which is a little distracting.

As far as I know only cam1 is a locked camera, but you can create a custom setting with very little movement. But it would be a great idea to have an option to 'disable' the upper cam view, so that we can create a locked camera viewpoint.

Members online

Members online