Another eternity until DLC 1 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Wait what happened? There is no news anywhere about another delay.
I think what happened is that FarSight added DLC # 3 to the pending submission, which forced another full review (because the code would have changed to support Gorgar/MB) and reset the clock to 4 or 5 weeks.

At any rate, Godot...erm, the DLC...will get here one day.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Wait what happened? There is no news anywhere about another delay.

Are you miffed farsight didnt update their status? You do know it was Pinwiz that said they might have some news, noone from FS said they would have some.

I, for one, am not miffed, just a little disappointed. PiN WiZ clearly has some sort of inside scoop, and has generally been pretty on point about leaking news or news of news. So for Monday to come and go without any word, and to see no response from him, is just a little disappointing.

Can't speak for the THAT'S IT I'M GONE folks.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I don't think anything happened. The news-and-information summary has been saying for some time that the XBox DLC is coming "by mid July", but a few people somehow got the idea that it might appear this week, and were disappointed when it didn't.

It's all Pin Wiz's fault - he correctly picked the DLC, several of his other predictions have come true, so we all believed him when he said there was good news.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Guess this officially shoots down all the conspiracy theorists that said that the reason the PS3 DLC didn't release earlier in the month was that it was held back so the 360 DLC would release earlier or at the same time. That's one (small) positive at least.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I, for one, am not miffed, just a little disappointed. PiN WiZ clearly has some sort of inside scoop, and has generally been pretty on point about leaking news or news of news. So for Monday to come and go without any word, and to see no response from him, is just a little disappointing.

Can't speak for the THAT'S IT I'M GONE folks.

I may have finally let the cat out of the bag a bit too early on this one. I was pretty optimistic about forthcoming news yesterday that obviously never materialized. I try and keep you guys in the loop with information I'm able to acquire, but I may have to tighten up a bit on that as I'm not in the practice of disappointing consumers. My apologies to everyone and I promise to be more responsible with any information I gather in the future.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
it makes no sense to me - if a dlc is going to be released, a game (which the dlc is for) already has to be released, right? and if something is "exclusive" it can't be on other consoles as well, because it would not be exclusive than. and how can a DEV offering a DLC exclusive to three consoles? where is the exclusiveness?

you know what i mean? one can only offer a dlc if the game is already released - so a DEV can't offer a DLC to microsoft if the game doesn't exists already - and if the game exists on XBLA then why should there be a problem with the dlc?

I think i get something wrong here. :eek:

Ok, for example last year , Batman : Arkham City , If Sony announced that they had BatWoman ( I wish) as a exclusive DLC mission pack that no other console was going to get ? Then according to the Microsoft policy , the Xbox 360 version (and potentially millions of dollars in sales to Xbox 360 owners) would be instantly rejected on that basis .

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
I may have finally let the cat out of the bag a bit too early on this one. I was pretty optimistic about forthcoming news yesterday that obviously never materialized. I try and keep you guys in the loop with information I'm able to acquire, but I may have to tighten up a bit on that as I'm not in the practice of disappointing consumers. My apologies to everyone and I promise to be more responsible with any information I gather in the future.

PiN WiZ, thank you. Very classy apology. As stated above, I was a bit disappointed and surprised that no new info materialized, but only because your track record has been so strong.

Here's hoping that whatever you thought you knew doesn't end up being too far from the eventual truth. :)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
This is something I didn´t consider when I had to choose between a PS3 or a 360 just a day ago. I ended up ordering a 360 because it was cheaper and had some
console exclusive that interested me more (Forza 3, Akai Katana and Radiant Silvergun on XBLA), but I really hope this situation will be sorted out. Thankfully I also ordered Williams Pinball Classics, so I´m busy with Gofers, Whirlwind etc for a while, but I really hope I won´t regret picking the 360 over the PS3...

N

Nik Barbour

This is something I didn´t consider when I had to choose between a PS3 or a 360 just a day ago. I ended up ordering a 360 because it was cheaper and had some
console exclusive that interested me more (Forza 3, Akai Katana and Radiant Silvergun on XBLA), but I really hope this situation will be sorted out. Thankfully I also ordered Williams Pinball Classics, so I´m busy with Gofers, Whirlwind etc for a while, but I really hope I won´t regret picking the 360 over the PS3...

I had the same choice and chose xbox due to flipper lag issue with PS3, and the controller felt better.
I'm sure this will be sorted soon though.
Can't wait now - 8 days till xbox time.
And I've got 2900 MS points stacked up for all that DLC backlog!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Haha, the controller was one of my reasons as well ;) "Well, I'm certainly not going to play with a Dualshock AGAIN!"

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012

As an owner of both an Xbox 360 and a PS3 you will never regret purchasing the Xbox 360. It is years ahead of the PS3 in every available facet especially in the online capabilities, user interface, controllers, and exclusive games.

N

Nik Barbour

Haha, the controller was one of my reasons as well ;) "Well, I'm certainly not going to play with a Dualshock AGAIN!"

Sounds odd, but I have a dual shock that I pair to my phone through 'sixaxis' app yet I don't own a ps3.
The dualshock feels horrible compared to the xbox controller. Must be my big manly hands!
Seriously, those dualshock analogue triggers seem to be a glued on afterthought.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
I bought some RealTriggers for the PS3 and they feel MUCH nicer using them:

A.jpg

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/ACCESSORIES/PS3GI03-Gioteck Real Triggers For PS3 Pack of 2.html

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
As an owner of both an Xbox 360 and a PS3 you will never regret purchasing the Xbox 360. It is years ahead of the PS3 in every available facet especially in the online capabilities, user interface, controllers, and exclusive games.

Agree with all of that, except AAA exclusives. PS3 gets the God of War and Uncharted series, as well as Heavy Rain, and the Last of Us. 360 gets the Halo and Gears of War series, and that is it.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Agree with all of that, except AAA exclusives. PS3 gets the God of War and Uncharted series, as well as Heavy Rain, and the Last of Us. 360 gets the Halo and Gears of War series, and that is it.

I guess with the games it comes to personal preference since I find the Uncharted games to be bland and rather average. No exclusive on the system offers a complete package like you would find in a Halo or Gears game. Hopefully the DLC for TPA will get a better release on the Xbox 360 with achievements and none of the problems like having to download the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts