Any chance of getting an option for COLOR DMD on or off?

Damon0306

Aug 10, 2013
Has there ever been talk of possibly adding an option for color DMDs on tables?

Would like them to match the actual current color DMDs that are available for the real tables and option to turn them on, or off, with default option OFF, to keep the tables as original as possible.

Would this be very hard to do? I want this!! 😜😜

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Per their licensing agreements, Farsight aren't allowed to make mods such as color DMDs. The digitized versions of tables must conform to the originals in every aspect.

The only mods they've been allowed to make are modifications to artwork, music, or voices (usually by excluding or photoshopping assets, or what we around here like to call "Festering") where licensing agreements cannot be reached with the rights holders to those specific IPs.

Examples of modified or removed/occluded assets include Fester in The Addams Family (couldn't reach agreement with Christopher Lloyd over image rights fees), company logos (and athlete name call-outs?) in No Fear, and the instrumental version of the AC/DC song "Big Gun" in Last Action Hero.

Note that the two complete conversion mods of tables they've released so far - Ghostbusters (based on Haunted House) and Masters Of Time (based on Dr Who) were presumably done with express, explicit, permission of the various license holders involved. Blanket permission for cosmetic mods such as color DMDs, LED-style lighting, etc. are almost certainly right out and will never happen.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
^ what he said.
But I wish we could get them as well. They are really great and add a new level of enjoyment.

Damon0306

Aug 10, 2013
Thank you for the information, as far as the ball, yes I TO, NEVER change the ball and always use the default silver, I would never use the other ones.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I usually don't like the ball skins either, but I do like the eyeball on Bride of Pinbot. It looks pretty goofy.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know FarSight has expressed interest in ColorDMD, but yeah it'd take a new agreement with WMS to make happen. Lot of speculation about FS and whether or not they are negotiating a new contract with WMS, so who knows, maybe that becomes a talking point!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.