Request Any PC tournaments coming anytime soon?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I need to start taking part and not get left behind! Let there be (more) competition!

(Sorry if there's already a thread like this. I just had to ask ;) )

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I need to start taking part and not get left behind! Let there be (more) competition!

(Sorry if there's already a thread like this. I just had to ask ;) )

There is a plan to do them. I need some time from Ryan to get them going. He's been swamped from other tasks lately.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
There is a plan to do them. I need some time from Ryan to get them going. He's been swamped from other tasks lately.

Bumping this up a bit because I'm sure there's interest on any kind of an estimate on when we might be able to expect PC tournaments or such. Thanks for all the hard work ont he platform regardless, Mike.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Once we get the new guys up to speed, one of them will probably take over tournaments.

Blump. I'm going to ask here too since it's been about two months since the last stuff. Any chance we're going to get PC tournaments up in time for the $75 tier backer tournament for TAF?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Sad to say, there's a very good reason why there aren't yet PC tournaments.

The PC platform is just harder to cheat proof then the rest of them.

If this is solved I would like to see PC tournaments.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Sad to say, there's a very good reason why there aren't yet PC tournaments.

The PC platform is just harder to cheat proof then the rest of them.

If this is solved I would like to see PC tournaments.

I think it's probably actually easier to "cheat proof" than either iOS or android, just from what I've seen. Not that there really is such a thing in the first place. The consoles are fairly secure I suppose due to the totally draconian control MS and Sony have over their systems. Other than those it's just a matter of how much effort someone wants to put into it.

I mean we had mobile tournaments running while there were totally ridiculous hacked scores streaming out of the devices constantly, but that didn't stop the tournaments from happening. I don't remember that many obviously fake scores in the tournaments either for that matter so Farsight either has stricter controls for those or they monitor them more closely by hand.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I hold out little hope for PC tournaments any time soon. There is no profit in tournaments and FarSight has to pay the bills.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
im all for abit of friendly competition but those that take tourneys as a life or death status piss me off , i stopped playing tourneys after one guy got too full on the silly **** shall remain ughhh nameless heh

mostly i figure if a group of guys want to play for kudos just work on the honour system or screenshots

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah heretic that's fine and dandy among friends, but if Farsight really wants this game to keep thriving, it needs more official online features, namely tournaments and head to head multiplayer. Unfortunately the management doesn't seem to see that, which is unfortunate. They've missed a huge opportunity to build a stronger and more consistent player base.

KBJAXMAN

Dec 3, 2013
If they aren't going to offer tournaments, that is their call, but they should remove the Tournaments tab from the main menu with the stupid verbiage about having tournaments when more tables are added. It is misleading and borderline false advertising, IMO.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
+1 Haven't posted in a while since I stopped buying the packs on PS3, but now it's time to get season 1 and 2 on steam!

would love tournaments

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From the DX11 thread, some news from Bobby when I asked about PC tournaments and single-player tournament difficulty mode:

"Adding the gold ROM and a second leaderboard was done in anticipation of adding tournament difficulty settings and more leaderboards.

Adding the ROMs and leaderboards is not simple and we'll have to do it one table at a time.

Do you want to run a poll on the fans site to get people to vote for the top 8 tables for us to add a tournament difficulty setting for? Once we get this in, we'll have a tournament featuring those 8 tables.

I'm planning on us adding the difficulty settings / leaderboards into the PC build at the same time we add PC tournaments."

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts