any surpises coming are way?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I have to play orbiter 1. It does look amazing but once the novelty wears off I'm pretty sure it's horrible.

Yep. Gonna mirror Animator Pin Fan. Not only does the novelty wear off, it wears off WHILE you're playing. You quickly realize you're not playing pinball.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Elvis is a really fun table. They had that at the silverball pinball museum in Asbury park nj. It has a little animatronic dancing Elvis that plays along to the music during different modes. I'm not much of an Elvis fan but I do love that table. Man I hope that table didn't get ruined during huricane sandy... I saw pictures of the silverball after the hurrican so many beutifull tables ruined :(

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I always thought people were talking about an old SS table when they mentioned Elvis. I didn't realize it came out in 2004.

...weird.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I too have actually played, and greatly enjoyed Stern's Elvis table. I'm no Elvis fan, music, movies, etc., but the table is fun. I will admit that it can take a few plays to get next to it, but it really can be fun, and I'd be all for it's inclusion in TPA. I'd say it's somewhere between 38th and 55th on my 'best tables list', and certainly more worthy than Harley.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Not a big Elvis fan either, but his songs are classics, definitely a better theme than AC/DC - that table looks so awesome, but I just can't stand the music. :( I think it's the only time a theme ever turned me off from a table.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Elvis is a GREAT machine. Easily one of my favorite Sterns. And this is coming from someone who isn't into Elvis himself.

I would also take Elvis over ANY OTHER music licensed table, including GNR and AC/DC. I'm not kidding in the least.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Not an Elvis fan, but played it on VP. Seemed to be a fun table. I would buy it, but don't expect it any time soon. Maybe never.

I would take AC/DC over any other music related table even though I have never played it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Elvis is good, but the songs loop after about a minute. It's due to the space limitations in the Whitestar technology (it was one of the last to use it). Whether impersonators or the real deal, it would be a whole lot better if FS includes the songs in their entirety. That's an alteration I'd support.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'm more of a fan of Elvis's music than AC/DC's, and from what little I've played of Elvis it seems like a pretty good table, but the AC/DC pin is a huge leap forward in the use of music in a pinball machine, for mostly technological reasons. It's probably the best rock-band-themed pin ever made, just because it uses the license so well.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have to play orbiter 1. It does look amazing but once the novelty wears off I'm pretty sure it's horrible.

I mean it's like two weird spinning pop things and I think a set of drops in the back. I think thi k most 50s pins have more going on.

I have played Orbitor 1. My local mall used to have an decent retro arcade that had a few pins (Viper Night Drivin, DE Star Wars, Rescue 911, Baby Pac Man and believe it or not Humpty Dumpty (first pin with flippers)). Like Hercules, it's nothing more than a novelty. I guess some people like it but I didn't put any more than 50 cents in it to play once just to say I had because it is quite scarce.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'm more of a fan of Elvis's music than AC/DC's, and from what little I've played of Elvis it seems like a pretty good table, but the AC/DC pin is a huge leap forward in the use of music in a pinball machine, for mostly technological reasons. It's probably the best rock-band-themed pin ever made, just because it uses the license so well.

Totally agree with you regarding the use of music in AC/DC as this should be the basis for any future musical themed table. Although, I really like AC/DC's music so the pin is a real joy for me nonetheless.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The thing about Orbitor 1 is there is no way to aim, and the scoring was incomprehensible to me. To me it was like playing an optical illusion. And yeah, it's fun to laugh at for the first 30 seconds, and then after that you're scratching your head as to why you're wasting your time on it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Orbitor is neat to look at, but it's not a great game. There's really not much to do but watch the ball float around and occasionally hit one of the targets scattered around the playfield out of sheer luck.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Yea surprises are nice.....

Had to chime in the say: ELVIS IS AWESOME. The pinball table, that is. I'm not a huge fan of the music, ok..ok...I kinda like his music. ITS CATCHY! What can I say. CC Rider is great pinball music.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.