Anyone else notice "Failsight" on the leaderboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The means to inject scores into the FS leaderboards is pretty rudimentary, and all you need to know is the table id. You don't need to own the table. So yeah it's do-able. If they are genuine scores, then, well, that individual has made a rod for their back that ain't getting removed any time soon.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
There was another name (completely blanked out on Chrome as it used "symbol letters" instead of normal ones) that apparently read "Go f--- yourself" on the Addams Family leaderboard. I saw it while using Internet Explorer.

...That's pretty offending. Oh and this guy still has the hacked scores on the Addams Family.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Imagine if Failsight is in this months tournament :eek:

In 2 games he will score 59 quadrillion on FP and at least 50 million on Genie!

He signed up for the BlahCade Tournament of the Month, and having paid no attention to when scores are allowed to be posted, posted his scores! To say the least, they are way bogus. And aren't being submitted when allowed. So no points for you!

I'm actually on the fence for leaving him in and then just negating any of his points, making him come in last place. Kinda hard to hack a leaderboard that is being done by hand!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
He signed up for the BlahCade Tournament of the Month, and having paid no attention to when scores are allowed to be posted, posted his scores! To say the least, they are way bogus. And aren't being submitted when allowed. So no points for you!

I'm actually on the fence for leaving him in and then just negating any of his points, making him come in last place. Kinda hard to hack a leaderboard that is being done by hand!

I officially retract my "whitehat" theory. What a dick.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

The ban hammer has been thrown.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I'm actually on the fence for leaving him in and then just negating any of his points, making him come in last place.

But then it'll seem that you decide who gets points in the tournament, the scorekeeper should be neutral, imo.

Tbh, the troll is having a ball seeing the reactions on this thread and especially seeing how Farsight screwed up the Kickstarter rewards and reading the reactions of the backers. He was right after all.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
<snip>
Tbh, the troll is having a ball seeing the reactions on this thread and especially seeing how Farsight screwed up the Kickstarter rewards and reading the reactions of the backers. He was right after all.

No one is really getting there knickers in clinch, more like "what a silly person".

To bad the Kickstarter reward did not go flawless. But I have read a few posts at Steam and it seemed allot of user fault was also the reason (wrong e-mail so they could not link it to the steam user account e.g.).
Better luck next time. I'll be in if they Kickstart Paragon no matter the bad reward history. Seems like a table for me as I like Genie allot!

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Holy crap, I'd be ranked in the Top 10 on that Leaderboard! I didn't realize that Steam had so many more users.

That does includes steam. It's so small because so few people have the gold version overall.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I'll be in if they Kickstart Paragon no matter the bad reward history. Seems like a table for me as I like Genie allot!

:rolleyes: No reason to kickstart Paragon. They already have the license.
Kickstarter is for tables which require additional expensive licenses.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
The right thing would be not to talk about that FailSight guy anymore.
Let's all forget about his fake scores... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online