Anyone remeber alittle game called tempest 2000?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
My uncles had a 3DO it was pretty cool for its short time. They usually bought the systems I didnt like sega CD add on and 32x.
I bought one of those back in 1996, when the price dropped to $100. It was awesome, especially since most of the games were $20 or less. I loved the American Laser Games light gun shooters, which were the main reason I bought it, and playing sports games in 3-D was awesome back when my only other console was a Super NES. There was also a really interesting game called Psychic Detective, which was one of the coolest uses of full-motion video I've ever seen. You were a detective, and you could literally get inside someone's head and see everything from their eyes, or leap into almost anyone else who was in the vicinity and see the same event from their perspective as it unfolds. You could switch between people at will, so you could watch a killer stab someone to death as well as experience it from the perspective of the person getting stabbed. You could even jump into a dog at one point, though all that happens is the dog empties his bladder, and the dismayed sound of the detective implies that he did as well.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Jeff Minter is always good for a psychedelic arcade shooter. Tempest... Llamatron.... His Space Invaders Extreme is also excellent.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So, after reading an announcement on Joystiq about TxK, it occurs to me how killer this would be on a tablet.

Don't know why it hadn't occured to me until now, but hey, there it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts