Anyone tried a European Samsung Note 4?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Is anyone running a European spec Samsung Note 4 and have tried it with TPA and/or Zacc?
(SM-N910C model)

I've got a chance to pick one up cheapish but was a little worried about the Mali-T760 GPU.
I remember Mali issues in the past.

And you don't get to try before you buy in the UK, apart from a very quick non app specific 5min menu poke around.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Hey Baron...I dont have the note 4 but i did just pick up a galaxy s6 a couple weeks ago. Going by some spec sheets, its not much different. I have the mali t760mp8 gpu in mine. Im no tech guy (Aint that you & Jared's department? ;) ) but everything else seems pretty close. The only thing i see different screen wise is the s6 has a slightly better ppi density. So im fairly certain you'll see what im seeing...

That being said my old(er) device is the first version of the note 10.1. So im fully aware of what the older samsung mali gpu's effect has on this game. Anything in the background or small detail is slightly blurry. For instance, any sticker or wording at the back of a table (say on a ramp) is pretty much unreadable. The table instructions on the bottom of the table are blurred or out of focus. After playing on console & seeing iphone screens, i was left a bit disappointed. However...

First thing i did when i bought the s6 was to load up my pinball games & see how they looked. And i have to say, TPA looks so damn good on this phone that it has renewed my interest/passion for the game.

There is not one single blurry or unreadable graphic on any tables. The table instructions are clear and crisp. I can read everything. Hell the lighting even seems better. Its no dark mode, for sure, but the inserts actually look like a light is coming from underneath the table, and not just a color splotch on top. Lighting on top of the table (pop bumpers, etc) looks like a light shining down from the bulb in the toy/or table piece. I can only assume this is what iOS users see, if not better.

Again, its not the exact same specs as the note 4, but theyre so close i fully believe you will get the same visual representation that i get on the s6. I think youll be pleased with the purchase.

Let me know if you want to see screens, and which tables.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hey Baron...I dont have the note 4 but i did just pick up a galaxy s6 a couple weeks ago. Going by some spec sheets, its not much different. I have the mali t760mp8 gpu in mine. Im no tech guy (Aint that you & Jared's department? ;) ) but everything else seems pretty close. The only thing i see different screen wise is the s6 has a slightly better ppi density. So im fairly certain you'll see what im seeing...

That being said my old(er) device is the first version of the note 10.1. So im fully aware of what the older samsung mali gpu's effect has on this game. Anything in the background or small detail is slightly blurry. For instance, any sticker or wording at the back of a table (say on a ramp) is pretty much unreadable. The table instructions on the bottom of the table are blurred or out of focus. After playing on console & seeing iphone screens, i was left a bit disappointed. However...

First thing i did when i bought the s6 was to load up my pinball games & see how they looked. And i have to say, TPA looks so damn good on this phone that it has renewed my interest/passion for the game.

There is not one single blurry or unreadable graphic on any tables. The table instructions are clear and crisp. I can read everything. Hell the lighting even seems better. Its no dark mode, for sure, but the inserts actually look like a light is coming from underneath the table, and not just a color splotch on top. Lighting on top of the table (pop bumpers, etc) looks like a light shining down from the bulb in the toy/or table piece. I can only assume this is what iOS users see, if not better.

Again, its not the exact same specs as the note 4, but theyre so close i fully believe you will get the same visual representation that i get on the s6. I think youll be pleased with the purchase.

Let me know if you want to see screens, and which tables.
Thanks Smoky - they certainly are close in spec. Sounds like it should be a good experience.

My preferred network provider (Three) are almost giving Note 4's away now since the S6 launch. It's over 25% cheaper per month than S6 and like you said, almost the same spec and still has an SD slot and removable batt. Has the same fast charge battery tech too. And since I found out I'm not going to be getting a new tablet any time soon, I'm hoping this will be one device to do all. :)

Thanks again mate.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks - it'll be a month off yet. I'm preparing ahead.
I'm thinking the s pen might be useful for Zacc editor when released. :)
I find that I use the stylus on the Shield Tablet heaps. It's great for those games like Sky Force that are designed for fingers, not controllers. A stylus is far easier to see past than a fat man-finger (speaking personally here, of course).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Got an early upgrade and went for the Note 4.
Works a treat with Zacc, Zenn and TPA.
Screen on this is awesome.
Very pleased so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts