Atomic Pinball Collection (APC)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yep, but sometimes the left green light in the left outline doesn't light all the time even when it's active - so it feels like the yellow light s aren't working (but they are)

Finally hit the siesta reward in at the tequila bar -couldn't stop laughing - nice one!

Bastardo match is def broken and needs to be fixed in an update or el diablo will never be defeated.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
That's a relatively long process, and it's interesting to learn how it's done. I wonder how this process differs from how Stern does it, for example.

There is a lot of work before that actually with tons of story boards and discussions back and forth before the actual production begins!

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks! I teach creative technologies for the college of engineering at my university and just got the green light to start developing a course where we will design and build a pinball table. I am looking for a more DIY/makerspace approach so this is awesome!

That's totally awesome!

We have had plans to build a physical digital pinball machine.

1. Get an old wide body cabinet
2. Repaint it and order nice decals to cover sides
3. Buy a 40" TV, they are suitable for wide body cabinets
4. One more TV for the back box and the DMD
5. Add a computer and hook up speakers and screens
6. Do some minor electrical stuff to hook up physical buttons to a control board and then to the computer via USB
7. Make sure game runs on a computer (not that hard actually, we have it running on our pinball simulator on OSX)
8. Play!

The reason for a TV for the back box is so that the art work can change when you change pinball table.

One day...

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Cant wait for the Android version!
Is there any video of the new table?

Not by us, buy our fans are ofc welcome to record one! It's pretty easy nowadays if you have a Mac:

1. Connect iPad to computer
2. Start Quicktime, new Video, select iPad and HQ, press record
3. Play
4. Save, run through Handbrake, upload to YouTube.
5. Hey Presto, you have a nice 60 fps video

I'll see if I can record something. We are doing some nice tweaks so would like to get these in before recording a video (new glass and tweaked ball physics, adjusted music, some new music clips etc).

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Few comments:
- When the ball hits the top of the left slingshot it sometimes drops dead. Feels kind of unnatural.
- The ball rarely goes back from the bumpers into the top rollovers. It’s like there’s an invisible barrier preventing it to go up.
- Made a couple of drop catches!
- The music is great!

"When the ball hits the top of the left slingshot it sometimes drops dead. Feels kind of unnatural."

Have noticed that too, will investigate.

"The ball rarely goes back from the bumpers into the top rollovers. It’s like there’s an invisible barrier preventing it to go up."

No shenanigans there. It CAN happen. You just need to play more :)

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
really having fun with masks. multiball is a ton of fun. really like all the different modes for it. Music is great.

couple of more things I've found -

* Tilt randomly flashes on the DMD. i've had it happen going into the tequila bar, during surf's up and at the start of multiball. nothing happens it just flashes on the DMD screen.
* Might be fun to add punch sound effects to the orange posts when you hit them during a match and your opponent gets some of his strength back so it feels more like a back and forth match and they're getting some offense on you.
* During post ball bonus summary on DMD you list mission bonus, should that be match bonus?
* Sometimes I hit a flashing center green target flush and it makes a sound but it still doesn't register the hit.
* Is Bastardo intentionally harder than the other opponents or am i crazy?

Thanks for the feedback/bug report!

The different wrestlers are of different difficulty. I'll see if I can see if something is wrong with Bastardo.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Yep, but sometimes the left green light in the left outline doesn't light all the time even when it's active - so it feels like the yellow light s aren't working (but they are)

Finally hit the siesta reward in at the tequila bar -couldn't stop laughing - nice one!

Bastardo match is def broken and needs to be fixed in an update or el diablo will never be defeated.

Glad you found the siesta! We love it.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Thanks for the feedback/bug report!

The different wrestlers are of different difficulty. I'll see if I can see if something is wrong with Bastardo.
Just defeated Bastardo. Not extremely difficult this time. Maybe I was lucky.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just defeated Bastardo. Not extremely difficult this time. Maybe I was lucky.

Yeah I've beaten him the last couple of times with less hassle - however when you reach the final blow stage - DO NOT MISS the center shot. I think that when the problem starts.

Also noticing that most of the glitches I've previously mentioned (lights not working) starts to happen after I play several games consecutively or even at the end of a really long game. Think the problem may be due to game memory issues cause everything gets fixed if I quit the game, remove it from my recent apps (x2 home, swipe up) and relaunch

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'm finding the more I play masks, the more I'm consistently hitting the ball directly to the Orange posts. They're like a magnet. I'd say 80% of my shots are hitting them and bouncing back. Even when I do make it up a ramp, I'm still hitting it and scraping by. Anyone else having this issue?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i think thats your imagination dude heh

tonight i missed el diablo by pinning shot

bastardo!

trying to repeat a rather nasty bug with the twin midgets

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ok ladies help me out

i havent been able to repeat this bug yet but its a game stopper with comera and ball counting issue

when yiu activeate lesharmanos lock a ball in on the meixcan and drain the other at the same time, the locked ball will be forgotten

hard to repeat so get on it

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
ok ladies help me out

i havent been able to repeat this bug yet but its a game stopper with comera and ball counting issue

when yiu activeate lesharmanos lock a ball in on the meixcan and drain the other at the same time, the locked ball will be forgotten

hard to repeat so get on it

Just happened to me once - can't remember which mode but a multiball drained and it counted it as a ball lost

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
did you loose the other ball while some event was happening with the other?

Drained one of the 2 multiballs - might have been then cajones multiball - dmd read ball lost, but the other ball was in play so when that drained it did not switch back to the launch screen - nothing to do but quit - game ending bug but so far it's only happened once.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
... - however when you reach the final blow stage - DO NOT MISS the center shot. I think that when the problem starts.
This morning I missed the center and then all ramp/orbit lights go off and you can't win any more. The "guillotina" continues without light.

Go for the testicles! ;) (cojones [vulgar]= testicles)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.