Atomic Pinball Collection (APC)

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
quick overview

bugs/issues

slow down on rbot ipad 3 usually while balls in middle of pf

when purchasing rbot it also asks you to buy mog even if you purchased it on the previous screen

already noted multiball camera bug

also fixed cam seems alittle too streched.

anyway so far overall impressions seem postive rbots been tweaked to no end much faster and much better physics lots of new features aswell and changes so far so good aside from minor slowdown and camera issues! also would it be possible to get the orignal camera angle too as the new one is slightly higher , its good but mogs is much closer to the original rbot. ill get back to everyone later about other changes.

as for mog...well its crazy fun the couple of games ive played havent noticed any issues just yet.

prices in the uk 79p for rbot and 2.29 for mog

ill get back with a better idea of rbot improvments and changes mostly for our andorid members and ill also post the new rule sheet if your intrested.

i wint review the product just yet gonna have a beer and get stuck into bastardo!

whats mexican for slimjim?

oh yeahhhhhh

Thanks!

Rob will be updated with the MOG camera system in the first update.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Bought it! And played some more. Beautiful graphics, I think I like the perspective level of Masks better than on Rob when set on 'fixed camera'. They should have both the same perspective I think.
Like I wrote before, difficulty level on Rob is much higher than Masks, which seems hard to loose a ball, I could keep on playing for a good while. Perhaps the gameplay could be made harder somehow. Great DMD animations.
Perhaps a bit of nitpicking, but when the figure disappears inside the luchador-ring, you can't see any signs there is an elevator platform there. On a real table you would see a small groove or something that tells you these are different elements. Did I explain this well in English? :)
So far a joy to play on my iPhone 6, have yet to give it a try on my iPad2.

Rob will get the new camera too.

MOG is a lot more open and thus much less forgiving. To make a table harder there are a number of options. One is to remove the ball save in the out lanes. Another is to increase the table incline. Also, ramps etc can be adjusted so that if you don't make the shot, the ball will roll back between the flippers.

We have had some discussions about the little platform. Initially it was very visible but we took a vote and an invisible platform won. Personally I'd like to see it, but I don't make all the calls myself.

Oh it really should be played on iPad, it's just so much more immersive.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
The music at the Rob-O-Bot option screen is great. Reminded me of the music from The Pacific Rim movie. Both pins look great as well. Bought both tables and enjoy them both.
Early impressions. I wish Rob-O-Bit was a tad easier and Masks a tad harder. Also could use a little more friction on the flippers to give it more feel. As for ball speed, Rob-O-Bit feels great but Masks feels a little too fast. Are they set the same? Or does the layout of Masks just make it feel faster?

Thanks!

I think we'll leave ROB as it is. We like it hard. But yeah we have had some discussions about MOG perhaps being too easy. We'll see how it is received before we make any changes.

The tables should have the same distance between flippers, same table incline, same ball mass and size. I don't have the code in front of me right now so cannot check the exact values right now. I'll get back to you on that.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
just played a quick game before i start working.

You definitely win slickest presentation.

These tables don't feel like any other pinball tables out there. so congrats on that.

my biggest notes would be nudging. it doesn't exist and it needs to. every ball i lost on both games was a center drain i could have saved with nudging. this to me is the most important thing to address. PLEASE look at how ASK does nudging on the Zacc App. i think it is a million miles away the best nudging scheme. they use an area between the flippers at the bottom of the screen as a track pad so you can use your thumbs without moving your hands. it's intuitive and organic and allows for more hairpin saves. i hate that with TPA and Zen i have to use my pointer finger or shake my tablet to nudge. i lose track of the ball sometimes or move my hands and lose flipper control.

i also feel like giving us table options like Zen and Ask does should be the norm. so I'd like to see more table views and have the option to do 3 or 5 ball games. light and dark room would also be great considering how amazing the art design is on both tables.

I agree with Kolchak i would like a little more friction strictly for feel. i like the speed of the game. i'm not a cradle the ball sharp shooting player so i can't speak to that. but just banging the ball around these games are a lot of fun.

You need a rules screen for each table.

The fixed cam view of the table needs to be pushed in and titled a bit more to get a better view of the back of the playfield.

Sounds graphics and themes for both tables are top notch. the DMD's are nice. Personally i get going classical DMD. but i'd rather you did full color DMD and really separated yourself from the pack.

MASKS - love Diabeto. that's hilarious. this is a really fun game. the theme is great. i can see myself playing this one a lot. i only did one match so maybe it gets harder as it goes but to make matches harder perhaps time limits to the shots, maybe as a grudge match mode. small thing but when you get a new ball - rounds are in boxing. you would do rematches in wrestling.

ROB-O-BOT - great theme. great graphics. another winner. had three center ball drains in under a minute. no nudging...

Excited to play more later and might have more to say. but for right now you guys are definitely busting out of the gates running. i look forward to seeing what you guys will do next. if your niche is quirky cartoonish tables power too you. but i'd be curious what a less cutesy game theme from you guys would be like.

Best of luck!

I'll have a look at how Zacc does it. We do have nudge, but only vertical though. Nudge and camera were the biggest complaints people had when playing the original ROB.

Interesting feedback regarding the friction, will try increasing that and see how it feels.

Diabeto is "me" in the game, as I have diabetes and well I don't have a six-pack :)

Thanks for all the feedback and praise, much appreciated.

/Diabeto

Last edited:

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
First off - great job on the atomic pinball collection - awesome themes, modes, and design, already have had a lot of fun playing. First impressions - agree masks felt too easy and rob-o-bot too hard - mostly due to playfield layout - when a ball returns from the upper playfield in robo it has an overly high chance of being an un-savable SDTM. I know immediately its going to drain, and think "sure wish I could nudge and have a fighting chance of rescuing that ball and beating this evil robot"

Mask of glory
- excellent humor through out!
- felt like there should be some progressive scoring on the skill shot and jackpots (although your compensated for multiple jackpots at end of ball bonus).
- extra ball stays lit after earning - letting me know I can't get it twice?
- really like the extra chance feature at the end - haven't won yet but first time ever playing digital pinball I cared about matching my last two numbers.

Revenge
- happy with the first one - honestly you could have added nudge and the fixed camera and you would have been good to go. Comments are based on comparisons of the original and new players will have a different perspective playing this "fresh"
- miss the voice from the original - imagined it was my partner betty helping me beat the evil robot - voice and lines grew on me -even the slightly unsemantic "one more time" X4 was endearing. I like the voice acting in the new version but not the context -the main voice has a robotic filter -so not Betty? And if the new Betty is the over-the-top teen screaming "get some, oh yeah, and combo" then I have mixed feelings on my in-game soul mate.
- no challenges in Game Center?

Again great job and wish you a very successful launch. Would like to remind everyone in the forum (with iOS) to give them a review in the store and help them on their way.

PS - add nudge and icade support :)

Thanks!

There is no better thing than getting a match in a real game, so we have added that. It's not just a pointless feature, you will get an extra ball. Getting a credit as in real games is kinda pointless in a digital version though :) But man that "smack" is so sweet.

The woman that did the original voice for Betty (Larissa), unfortunately moved back to the States, so we had to replace her altogether with a new Betty. Larissa is a friend and we did the recording ourselves for Rob, but this time we used professionals. She is just so much more involved. The new Betty is def over-the-top, and I guess it's either a love or hate thing. We did a vote and it was a close call between over-the-top-Betty and a more "normal" Betty. I personally like it, she always make me smile.

Thanks again! Keep the feedback coming.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
So the only way I can find it in the store is through the link Anderson provided

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atomic-pinball-collection/id928069808?ls=1&mt=8

Doing an in-store search for atomic pinball collection or color monkey ab yields no results - hopefully the stores search index will be updated soon.

Yeah I know it's weird. Don't recall Apples servers taking this long to index. Well I guess the easiest thing to do is to just google it and click the link there.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
THE_GREEN_BASTARD_by_MalevolentNate.jpg

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
There is no better thing than getting a match in a real game, so we have added that. It's not just a pointless feature, you will get an extra ball. Getting a credit as in real games is kinda pointless in a digital version though :) But man that "smack" is so sweet.

The woman that did the original voice for Betty (Larissa), unfortunately moved back to the States, so we had to replace her altogether with a new Betty. Larissa is a friend and we did the recording ourselves for Rob, but this time we used professionals. She is just so much more involved. The new Betty is def over-the-top, and I guess it's either a love or hate thing. We did a vote and it was a close call between over-the-top-Betty and a more "normal" Betty. I personally like it, she always make me smile.

After reading through this thread since posting, I have to agree with DA5ID on the two points you address here. The match for an extra ball is a really great feature and is pretty awesome feeling when it hits. it's a really nice touch for a digital game i'm surprised no one else has done yet.

I also preferred the original Betty. I liked that she was your partner in the game. i thought that was a nice feature. especially where most tables have an adversarial character like in Tee'd Off. I think the allure of games like T2 and pinball champ is that the table sort of guides you along. it wants you to succeed.

Also to clarify my previous post i meant rule sheets should be accessible when you pause during a game. i know you have them on the game screen.

in classical lucha libre, all matches were 2 out of 3 falls. perhaps rather than rounds you could do falls or at least rematches. I'd also think it would be cool if the ball drains were considered defeats like count outs or disqualifications. anything you can do to raise the stakes will make the game more fun.

i'd also like a little more back and forth in the matches so that i as a player have something at stake and can be pinned also. Think of Champions Pub.

one of the wrestling moves you have spelled as "centon" it should be "senton" with an S. it is pronounced correctly in the game.

The tequila bar is a little weird on a sports table that could appeal to kids. At the very least i'd consider changing it to tequila arena.

Not sure why there is a wedge of cheese promptly displayed on the playfield of a wrestling game, it's kind of a one of these things is not like the others moment when i see it.

look forward to seeing your progress.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Thanks again! Keep the feedback coming.

Got to play a bit more

Robot
- like the two new modes - random award and multiball
-think you mentioned the multiball camera will be fixed in the submitted update - the one in masks works well.
- the green safe light on the right outlane sometimes not lit even though the kickback was active
- the two strings of green bonus light don't always match up - unless I missing something and they are adding up (x5 + x4 = x9)
- if the 2 bonus strings are redundant maybe make the one on the right a counter toward multiball
- instructions say extra ball at 50 mil - I was awarded one at the left trap at 10mil -KEEP IT at 10mil. :)

Masks
-Orange bonus lights on bottom seem to be glitching - had a 5x bonus and only 2x was lit - counted correctly at end of ball bonus.
- not sure purple tequila bar lights on left are working -sometimes bottom 2 would not be lit - should be blinking (not hit) or solid (hit)?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
There seems to be no limitation of the trial. Neither are there any HS.

EDIT: There is a score limit of 1M on Rob-O-Bot. I wasn't able to buy the table.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I was able to buy Leyendas de Lucha Libre and it plays fine. The central spinner is almost like a gobble hole. Ball physics (by Nena) is pretty good. Center shots are a bit off to the left but doable.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Agree with Zorgwon center shots seem off but are doable.

It's weird to me, the table art and concept is all ages, almost skewing deliberately for children, yet I would have a hard time letting kids play this with bastardo saying "a-hole" repeatedly during his match. And though I do like Chico fantastico his "watch out or I'll kiss you on the mouth" is not kid friendly. Same goes with the tequila bar. Also the bartender's voice is obviously a man.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yesss.. Great i really like this new table physics are good a bit more flex than the Rob O Bot table, have to say that i like the lightning and deep colours more of the Rob O Bot table, thanks guys, is there a new version of Rob O Bot on its way ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts