Attack From Mars wizard goal bug?

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
Ran into two issues with Attack From Mars, not sure if they're related or just coincidence I hit them both pretty much the same time....

1) Got the final wizard goal for AfM. Turned off the tilt setting in the menu and got the message that doing so would make my scores ineligible for the leaderboards, but was stuck when the game didn't provide me any kind of OK/Confirm/Back button. No buttons did anything, no way to continue or back out. Had to close the application and restart it from the PS4 menu. This was the first (and only) time Ive completed all the wizard goals for a table so thus my first and only time playing with the tilt setting. No idea if this was a random one-time glitch or something persistant....

2) After relaunching the game, went back to AfM and noticed the last wizard goal attained was reset and once again marked as incomplete. I got the popup dialog when I completed it, as well as the trophy, so I definitely did achieve it. Plus I was able to change the tilt setting in the menu, so the game obviously recognized it. Only think I can think of is that I didnt complete the game, but rather quit out once I got it. Could this have made the goal "not stick" and reset once I left the table?

I've since completed the last wizard goal again and made sure to fully complete my game (just in case), so everything is correct now, but I'm hesitant to play with the tilt setting, I really dont want to have to re-complete that last goal again, as it was the hardest one for me. Anyone know if quitting out is what caused the issue? Also, anyone else get stuck in that message about the tilt feature being turned off?

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
On mobile, cancelling out and not finishing a game definitely causes you to lose any wizard goals you have earned during that session. It appears that it only writes to the Farsight servers after the game is complete, including high score entry and everything. I have lost a few wizard goals this way when the game hung or I got a phone call and it dumped the app from memory.

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for confirming the wizard goal issue for me. It has indeed stayed completed for me, so thats a relief. Only problem is that turning off tilt still results in getting stuck at the disclaimer message with no way to confirm or back out. Not sure if this is a known issue or not. Working on completing another set of wizard goals to see if it still happens with another table, but that may be a while...

AndyD

Apr 27, 2017
I made the mistake of quitting out after achieving a wizard goal, it did not save and had to go through it again (at a much later date when i could be bothered to try). One of worst too, Funhouse skill shot. Horrendous. No skill involved!? Just pure bloody chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts