August TotM Groupings and Results

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well I'm done.

Addams Family: 360,360,090 (so-so)
Party Zone: 47,673,340 (yuck! I'd got 200M+ in practice runs...)
Elvira: 86,351,510 (76M(!) on Ball 1, followed by "House Balls" the next two times I collected the 3M)
Central Park: 5,520 (I think I used up all the EBs)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So weird reading all these scores and posts from yesterday this morning. Feel like I missed the tourney even though it has all today to go. If I hadn't started it then, I wouldn't have even gotten the chance to post the groupings until 2 hours ago. Was on set until 1:30 am and in no mood to turn on the computer by the time I got home. So I apologize for the bumps and hiccups in sign ups and such this go around. Not how I wanted to start the season off, but what are ya gonna do?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Ok finished my first table, Party zone, 218m.
I streamed it, but game would start to frame drop so I've had to pause the game and restart the stream, which fixed the frame dropping, but it happened a couple of times and screwed with my game. I had a great ball 2 on game 2 going, but then got the frame rate dropping and drained. Here's 180M ball 2 game 2: http://www.twitch.tv/switch3tv/v/13432483
Won't stream any more this time but I'll see you in chat.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Fair to below average cup of joe today. Just felt blah today with the play...no pun intended, in addition to a rambunctious 4 year old who wouldn't cough up the iPad...so settled for the phone today.
Party Zone:71,913,850. Just finally purchased this game yesterday after a long procrastination. I think starship troopers is the only game left I haven't bought yet and probably won't unless it comes up. Anyway, it's one of the many reasons I play the totm...play games I don't normally play.
Central Park: 4,783. I enjoy playing the EMs on TPA. Probably because it seems more classic pinball, simple rule sets, so forth. I hope TPA churns out more EM's in the future.
Eatpm: 12,928,440. Love ramps, ramps didn't love me today. Some drains are brutal this game I think. Still so so score I think.
TAF: 316,851,410. Probably best showing today thanks to a tour of the mansion and a jackpot or two. Kind of falling out of love with this game like eating a favorite meal a hundred times and not wanting to eat it again. Maybe one can relate.
Looking forward to the rest of season 2...and season 5 of TPA too.
Cheers

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Well well, this didn't really start as expected. After practicing a bit on CP with scores around 4k, I had 2 incredible bad games with 2,395 and 1,067. Addams Family after that started with a house ball and thought I should stop right now... lol But then it got better. After 97m in the first game I ended with 229m in the second one. I didn't have any chance to practice Party Zone during the TotW (and I am a bit worn out on Pinball right now anyway), so I just played one warm-up and then right into it with 21m and 15m.

My warm-up game on Elvira ended with a new high score (with all extra balls, of course) of 29m. Usually if I have a good game like this, the next few games are medicore. What happened? Next game: 4.6m ... and then I went on playing, but forgot to reset the game and I already had 3 ELVIRA letters. I decided to stop when I had the 3m shot, because I didn't want to have this unfair advantage, restarted at 8.7m and was a bit mad about me not remembering to reset the table. So I played it again and luckily I was able to end at 13.5m.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Finally was able to play some pinball, it's been a long day.

The Addams Family--------280,116,330
Party Zone --------225,575,640
Elvira---------------8,589,530
Central Park-------5.324 Lived and died with the EB, as soon as I would get one I'd lose the current one.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Sign ups are closed, but you can still submit a score and I'll enter you into the tourney as it won't screw anything up in terms of groupings or rankings.
I neglected to enter, but I would like to if I can. I just submitted my awful scores:

TAF: 83,013,560
EatPM: 89,850,380
PZone: 86,923,780
CentPark: 5588

I tried to get my CentPark score in the 80-million range but I fell a little short.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
My games were a disaster. I fell asleep and woke up just in time to plunge a couple balls and submit a score on each table reaining. Only thing god going was ball 2 on game 2 on Central Park. Finished the bonus lights and got extra ball and over 1000 points. Nice to have a safe extra ball game on ball 2 already.
CP: 5830
Elvira: 15M
TAF: 205M
PZ: 218M

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thank you to everyone that played. We had 4 people who signed up and didn't play, but then had 3 people who were added into the tourney after the fact. See? We find a way to let everyone play! Also, congrats to our PS3 code winners. I had 6 to give away, and 6 people that wanted it. Sometimes it's that easy to win.

If anyone had any trouble finding the score link, sign up link, etc., please let me know how I can make it more obvious. I posted those same links to Twitter, and had it right there on the front page of this site without you even having to find the forum thread. I only ask because 3 of the 4 no shows were once again new names to the tourney. Trying to figure out if it's more of a problem of them not understanding when to play versus not finding where to post.

To our winners, avatars and codes will be in your message box soon.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Wow. #8 despite two bad scores on Central Park and Party Zone.
I'm a happy man.
Thanks for the TAF code and congratulations to all the competitors.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Well Frankie, you've won my TAF ball pack for xbone. Said I'd give it to whoever came in 16. You want it?

thanks guys for the PS3 code. And good job all

And haja to your video up there Captai

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Damn - Missed it :(

First of the new season too.....I'll be back.

Any lucky UK/Euro peeps make it to the UK Pinball Party? (I missed that too!....Bad week)

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.